Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Injury Report for week 5.

Any word on if anyone will be back for this week? I saw Ahman Green practiced today. What is the word on A. Johnson, J. Jones, and J. Mathis?
Old 10-03-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Injury Report for week 5.

Here ya go: Today's Quotes.

Short version:

Ahman: Encouraging, but game time decision
Jacoby: Not so encouraging, but game time decision
Mathis: Not doing much, limping, not optimistic -- dumbass reporters don't ask good follow up questions about what part of his "lower leg" is hurt, much less which leg it is.
Bennett: 100%, and ready to go.

By the way, Kubiak gives Petey his vote of confidence.
Old 10-03-2007   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope to see Green in the game this week . Another week of Ron Dayne will drive me insane . I was hoping to have Jacoby back this week , but that doesn't look too promising . As far as Mathis is concerned , he needs to suck it up from what Ive been hearing . Hopefully Dre will be back soon . I would rather him come back when the time is right and not rush things , save his return for Jacksonville hopefully . Maybe they will get all the injuries out of the way and be healthy for the stretch drive .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Short version:

Mathis: Not doing much, limping, not optimistic -- dumbass reporters don't ask good follow up questions about what part of his "lower leg" is hurt, much less which leg it is.

well thats good news sorta. It'd be nice to have a running game again. I'd like to see jacoby or mathis back for some punt returns but don't see mathis doing much and jones you don't want to rush back and get worse. as far as Bennett I didn't know he had anything wrong with him.

How's AJ?
Old 10-03-2007   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Short version:

Wish you could get press pass and do the hard hitting questions fans want to know.

I have had issues with the questions reporters ask for a long time plus the will post half of a quote and not the question asked to get such a quote which is how a lot of things are taken out of context and or a person is misquoted.
Old 10-03-2007   #6
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Any word on if anyone will be back for this week? I saw Ahman Green practiced today. What is the word on A. Johnson, J. Jones, and J. Mathis?
http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL
some news here but not good sorry
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
well thats good news sorta. It'd be nice to have a running game again. I'd like to see jacoby or mathis back for some punt returns but don't see mathis doing much and jones you don't want to rush back and get worse. as far as Bennett I didn't know he had anything wrong with him.

How's AJ?
I wouldn't be too optimistic for him coming back this week.

Watch the video over at HT.com. It gives you a different flavor than just reading the transcript.
Old 10-03-2007   #8
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CB Fred Bennett
(on how he is physically right now) Im 100 percent. Im ready to go this week. Thanks to my trainers, they got me right, so Im ready.

(on if he expects to get more reps in practice and more playing time this week) Whatever my coaches want. It depends on them how many reps I get. Whatever they want me to do, I just go with the flow.

(on what he brings to the team) That competitiveness. When you play my position, you have to be a competitor. Im a great competitor. I go out there believing that I can win every play that I play, so that competitive edge.

(on if he thinks he is ready if called upon) Yes, Im ready. I have a lot of confidence in myself. I know my teammates have confidence in me, my coaches. Im ready at any time.

(on the difference between now and when he first got to camp) When I first came to camp, I was still learning. I was still learning a lot of things. With the help of the other two corners we have, and my defensive back coaches, and my other coach, I think I have everything down pat. Im just playing with a lot of confidence right now. Im just ready to roll.

(on his role the last couple of weeks) The last couple of weeks in practice, they had me in there a little bit, rotating me around. My coach has been in my ear. Hes been coaching me real hard, preparing me, and Im just ready to go.

(on if he has any indication of what his role will be this week) None at all. Ill find out when we step on the practice field today. Whatever it is, Im all up for it. Me playing a little bit, me playing a lot, Im ready for it.
Do you think Bennet is ready?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Wish you could get press pass and do the hard hitting questions fans want to know.

I have had issues with the questions reporters ask for a long time plus the will post half of a quote and not the question asked to get such a quote which is how a lot of things are taken out of context and or a person is misquoted.
Not to worry you've got Hollwood John on the firdays to help you figure out which flicks are the best bet for the week. How any one man so over whelmed with the function of a football play could make a living all of this time is a credit to a college education. If you can't dazzel them with brilance baffel them with BS, I always say. I don't know which of the two have made more out of less, he or Giff Nelson. I can understand Bob Allen. He's a cutie pie talking head in lifts. I'll never understand Hollywood John. How one man could be exposed to something for so long and still not have a clue ? Mind Boggeling.
Old 10-04-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
No rookie is ready for NFL speed. You hear any of them tell you it's no sweat, they're lying. Mr. Bennet will recieve the same eduction as the rest this sunday.

South Carolina had a QB switched to safty his senior year. I read some of his mitakes as a guy, a senior, tring his best to cover that weakness. He has the long arms for it. He has the hips to cover college recievers. What we don't know is can he beat a block from a pulling gaurd, stick his nose in there and turn a screen or sweep back to the inside. We don't know if he has the feet to cover elite speed NFL recievers. We don't know how mentally tough he is.
But at this point does it really matter ? Petey is out of the bag and every QB secheduled against us is licking his chops and preying we don't make a move untill he gets his chance at the gravy boat.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 10-04-2007 at 03:31 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 22797 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
LOL, is he channeling SpongeBob?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #12
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
LOL, is he channeling SpongeBob?
Thats what I was thinking. My 3 year old loves that show, so I get to see it way too much.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read