Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2007   #61
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No EyE for talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
My point was stated in the topic and it still stands . Kubiak has not lived up to the expectation he would bring in 6th round or lower RB that kicks ass . So the argument of cap space is A non issue as are the last coaches tenure . I am looking for you (or someone else ) to provide a viable counter point but all anyone here is capable of is calling people names . This leaves me thinking that folks here are bigger losers than the texans .
Well the first year he was coaching he did have a major handicap, casserly was still the GM and Carr was still the QB and the team had no viable #2 WR. Plus a lot of people (self included) thought the O-Line was atrocious.

Rick Smith has been here for one off season and one draft, and he has upgraded depth and did a great job in last years draft. Including the Texans have the Defensive Rookie for the month of Sept.

The Texans now have a QB who understand pocket pressence and is able to find open WR besides AJ and is able to scramble for a 3 yard gain versus running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. With the upgrade at QB, it has atomatically upgraded the O-Line which is evident by less sacks. Also, with the drafting of Jacoby jones and with the immergence of Andre Davis it now appears the Texans do have a solid receiving corps. Plus the DL has stepped up and been a tremendous upgrade over what has ever been.

You threw out the loser comment first, so it was you who started name calling. Also, you have a hard time understanding and/or comprehending what a lot of folks are trying to explain to you or you are just unwilling to. People have brought up a lot of things but you then say cap space is a non-issue. How is it a non-issue? You have to have cap space in order to get FA and upgrade positions. You are taking one position and down grading a coach based upon what you preceive to be something that can be fixed at the snap of a finger.

Seriously, please ask Pat Sajak if you can buy a clue versus buying a vowel, bcause right now you need a clue.
Old 10-03-2007   #62
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Yeah he did 7TH RD. Chris Taylor IR
I did really like this kid but his future is a little uncertain right now . It also looks good for darius walker , he will possibly follow the Chris taylor mold . That being he will be the practice back for the texans till the last game of the season then he will play . It seems that Kubiak has set a standard of requiring RB rookies to do there time as practice backs first .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #63
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Well the first year he was coaching he did have a major handicap, casserly was still the GM and Carr was still the QB and the team had no viable #2 WR. Plus a lot of people (self included) thought the O-Line was atrocious.

Rick Smith has been here for one off season and one draft, and he has upgraded depth and did a great job in last years draft. Including the Texans have the Defensive Rookie for the month of Sept.

The Texans now have a QB who understand pocket pressence and is able to find open WR besides AJ and is able to scramble for a 3 yard gain versus running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. With the upgrade at QB, it has atomatically upgraded the O-Line which is evident by less sacks. Also, with the drafting of Jacoby jones and with the immergence of Andre Davis it now appears the Texans do have a solid receiving corps. Plus the DL has stepped up and been a tremendous upgrade over what has ever been.

You threw out the loser comment first, so it was you who started name calling. Also, you have a hard time understanding and/or comprehending what a lot of folks are trying to explain to you or you are just unwilling to. People have brought up a lot of things but you then say cap space is a non-issue. How is it a non-issue? You have to have cap space in order to get FA and upgrade positions. You are taking one position and down grading a coach based upon what you preceive to be something that can be fixed at the snap of a finger.

Seriously, please ask Pat Sajak if you can buy a clue versus buying a vowel, bcause right now you need a clue.
I am not discussing FA this is a post concerning what was expected by me and the media that Kubiak would bring into the texans low draft choices of great RB . So far we have two low draft picks or UDFA backs signed by Kubiak and one has since gone to IR . While we have brought in several veterans many in the media and myself consider over the hill (so far). I am asking where is that EyE for talent ?
Old 10-03-2007   #64
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice. Definitely sig material.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #65
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Yeah he did 7TH RD. Chris Taylor IR

Chris Taylor was not drafted.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #66
pappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
bingo.

my favorite points from the best post in this discussion...

it's too bad that you are COMPLETELY ignoring all of the posts directed towards your question. so maybe i'll give it go...

your question is where is kubiak's eye for talented rb's in the later rounds? (i hope you're not just asking in general, as he and his staff have shown GREAT competence in rounds 1-5 for two years straight) first off, there was a great thread about the denver rb myth of rb's that were passed. you should go read it to dispell your belief a little bit. alright so he's taken his shot at wali lundy and chris taylor, right? let's see wali didn't work out very well OMG A 6TH ROUND RB NOT LIGHTING UP YOUR FANTASY BOARD HOLY HELL. and chris taylor, while showing plenty of promise is ON THE IR. 0/2? sure, why not. i'd say more like 0/1.5 until taylor gets cut too.

besides the fact that kubiak and smith have
-turned the frowns upside down in the locker room
-largely upgraded the qb situation
-largely upgraded the wr situation
-largely upgraded the te situation
-not as largely but still huge-ly upgraded the lb situation
-upgraded the o'line, even with unforseen injuries
-upgraded the d'line that will only get better and better (texan droy again?)
-band-aided the secondary with demps and boulware
-band-aided the rb with green and dayne
-drafted o'line, cb, lb, and safeties that still may upgrade their respective positions
-regained confidence from a city that has NO reason to believe in anything from a football team.
-took the seemingly endless abyss of dead cap money, put a nice cork it in and turned it around in 2-3 years
-oh and by the way, they own every mistake they make and seemingly learn from it

but YOU'RE unhappy because we [boobooface]don't have a "later round rb" success story that is pretty unlikely to happen anyway[/boobooface]?

you are f'n nit-picky at best. at worst? you're an f'n a-hole. so suck it.
wali lundy was a pick from the caserly era rookie first year of Kubiaks tenure
Old 10-03-2007   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

stinking injuries what can you do it was'nt that long ago with little cap flexability Rick Smith was able to lure Green away from GB (who virtually have zero running game- yet they are winning) as the Texans biggest offseason free agency move, so the Texans knew needs but where unwilling to use a high draft pick (Marshawn Lynch) over a young stud interior lineman to assist Mario, Dunta & DeMeco turnaround this defense with youth. They cut Walli Lundy because the negatives (only they know for sure, but he was'nt all that great of special teams player) out weigh the positives so to re-sign Walli Lundy (who I like) back again might be admission of guilt or just not a position that moves the organization forward?

I'm on record as the #1 Rick Smith fan on this board, right here right now I blog before you & defend his moves as in the best interest moving forward, that nobody possess a crystal ball Alot of times we as fans are just not privey to all goings on behind the scenes, but make no mistake Rick Smith will improve this team greatly long as he's employed cause he does have a Keen EyE for talent

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2007   #68
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
And what is your point ? Oh thats right you don't have any .
Seriously Pappy. I want to know the point you are trying to make.

So far I've yet to see a bottom line.
Old 10-04-2007   #69
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We just have too many needs. We didn't fill any of them when we got Okoye, but who wants to give him up? Thought so.

We don't just need a durable, talented RB.

We also need a talented CB, a durable, talented LT, a ball-hawking FS, and we may even still need a real #2 WR. I know we got AD and JJ, but I suspect they will BOTH turn out to be injury prone. I guess we could have them take turns being injured. Mathis of course is going to sit out if he breaks a nail.
Agreed. With just about everything you posted.

If it was cartlidge or something, you'd have a point. But it's just a bruse. A bruse which occoured at an inconvient time. Injuries our a part of it. Just like not letting your dobber down after the rabbit you've are chasing for five years pop's you in the mouth.....at home. I mean compaired to St. Louis, we're still in high cotton. Salaam is still up right. Petey wouldn't be sarting if they had no other option. Some of you believe there is...but I'm trusting the coaches on this one. It isn't a question of them backing the guy too long. What they are telling you is this is their best option. And that goes to the point of it...I've seen the hindsight QBing going on...I still take Okoye and J.J. at this point. I think center is going to get there prety quickly also. Pitts, Weary, Salaam, and Erick didn't just become sucky over night. Get beat a couple of times by and elite moss back DE, that's no sin. You're going to lose some match ups. A better running game would of hepled them all out.
And I don't think anyone in here is going to post that Salaam is a Mathews/Munoz type OLT. But Flannagan needs to get the rust off PDQ . The next move will be another major o-line shake up. Under any circumstances, that is not a good thing.

Another little thingy....If we don't stick in that little waggle action into our arsonal off of the fake counter-toss action the falcons ran, I'll be dissappointed in Kubes. I think that's part of the problem . There is a repetiveness to the plays we run. They've ( the league) seen'em...the cat's out of the bag...D's our starting to read our mail. I mean beyound the inuries, when he's healthy Dan Morgan is a prety fair LB. However he's not so good he can read a waggle action at the snap of the ball. He's either a very good guesser or someone is giving the play away befor the snap of the ball.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 10-04-2007 at 02:33 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #70
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, but that would cost $250. Good luck with that.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #71
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not fair to lay all the blame on the RB or HC.
The OL needs to block better for who ever is back there. For some teams that are good at run blocking, it wouldn't matter who was at RB - hell one of the announcers during a game said "that hole was so big I think I could have made it through too" it was really funny because I think it was Madden's fat A$$.
Eric Winston said in his interview after the loss to the Falcons that the Oline needed to do a better job and get a push no matter how many the defense puts in the box, because it's their job to do it.
I just don't think that it is a good idea to blame an individual for a subpar running game - last time I checked this is a team sport and all of our guys need to perform the best that they can to have success in at any phase of the game!
Old 10-04-2007   #72
pappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Agreed. With just about everything you posted.

If it was cartlidge or something, you'd have a point. But it's just a bruse. A bruse which occoured at an inconvient time. Injuries our a part of it. Just like not letting your dobber down after the rabbit you've are chasing for five years pop's you in the mouth.....at home. I mean compaired to St. Louis, we're still in high cotton. Salaam is still up right. Petey wouldn't be sarting if they had no other option. Some of you believe there is...but I'm trusting the coaches on this one. It isn't a question of them backing the guy too long. What they are telling you is this is their best option. And that goes to the point of it...I've seen the hindsight QBing going on...I still take Okoye and J.J. at this point. I think center is going to get there prety quickly also. Pitts, Weary, Salaam, and Erick didn't just become sucky over night. Get beat a couple of times by and elite moss back DE, that's no sin. You're going to lose some match ups. A better running game would of hepled them all out.
And I don't think anyone in here is going to post that Salaam is a Mathews/Munoz type OLT. But Flannagan needs to get the rust off PDQ . The next move will be another major o-line shake up. Under any circumstances, that is not a good thing.

Another little thingy....If we don't stick in that little waggle action into our arsonal off of the fake counter-toss action the falcons ran, I'll be dissappointed in Kubes. I think that's part of the problem . There is a repetiveness to the plays we run. They've ( the league) seen'em...the cat's out of the bag...D's our starting to read our mail. I mean beyound the inuries, when he's healthy Dan Morgan is a prety fair LB. However he's not so good he can read a waggle action at the snap of the ball. He's either a very good guesser or someone is giving the play away befor the snap of the ball.
What someone knocking Kubiaks play calling ? I did not go there , just wish the RB problems would be over .
Old 10-04-2007   #73
pappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
stinking injuries what can you do it was'nt that long ago with little cap flexability Rick Smith was able to lure Green away from GB (who virtually have zero running game- yet they are winning) as the Texans biggest offseason free agency move, so the Texans knew needs but where unwilling to use a high draft pick (Marshawn Lynch) over a young stud interior lineman to assist Mario, Dunta & DeMeco turnaround this defense with youth. They cut Walli Lundy because the negatives (only they know for sure, but he was'nt all that great of special teams player) out weigh the positives so to re-sign Walli Lundy (who I like) back again might be admission of guilt or just not a position that moves the organization forward?

I'm on record as the #1 Rick Smith fan on this board, right here right now I blog before you & defend his moves as in the best interest moving forward, that nobody possess a crystal ball Alot of times we as fans are just not privey to all goings on behind the scenes, but make no mistake Rick Smith will improve this team greatly long as he's employed cause he does have a Keen EyE for talent
Nice sentiments and well spoken to , I do hope your right .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read