Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2007   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Spencer News?

ThreeToedPete brought this up in another thread and I think it deserves a thread all of its own.

We're about to go into Week 5. Guys come off the PUP list soon. Has anyone heard anything about Spencer?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Spencer News?

Spencer and Green have a pair of good knees between them. Maybe.
Old 10-02-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I heard that the healing was taking longer than they had anticipated. I believe he will miss this season.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
with all the unfortunate injuries the texans have suffered lately and last year with spencer a little bit of good news would be overwhelming...
I second that. We are due some good news on the injury front, but I'm
certainly not counting on any about Spencer, not even expecting any. Not this year atleast.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #5
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

More than Spencer coming back the Texans just need to avoid anymore injuries to the line. I like Studdard if we need someone to fill in a G but I hate the garbage we have at the backup T position so Spencer being back will #1 give us a swing T I can trust a little.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #6
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I asked Lance Z. about Spencer's rehab. Here's his response in his blog.

"I checked into it last week and was told that his weight is about where it should be and he's still trying to get his rehab done. They've got him on a state of the art machine that helps to take some of weight off of his lower body as he works on the treadmill. It's incredible. However, with that said, he is still working towards trying to come back this year, but since the Texans have to make a determination after the first six weeks, my best guess is that it is a less than 50% chance that he makes it back this year. If they are willing to hold his roster spot open for him, then my guess is about week 12 if he were to play."
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Either way, I don't think Spencer will be much of an asset to the team this year. However, I really want to see him activated for a couple of reasons:

1. it would be a pretty good sign that he's going to be okay next year.
2. being able to practice and compete some will this year will make his return next season much smoother and he'll hopefully regain confidence in his leg this season.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2007   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I asked Lance Z. about Spencer's rehab. Here's his response in his blog.

"I checked into it last week and was told that his weight is about where it should be and he's still trying to get his rehab done. They've got him on a state of the art machine that helps to take some of weight off of his lower body as he works on the treadmill. It's incredible. However, with that said, he is still working towards trying to come back this year, but since the Texans have to make a determination after the first six weeks, my best guess is that it is a less than 50% chance that he makes it back this year. If they are willing to hold his roster spot open for him, then my guess is about week 12 if he were to play."
I think Yao used that treadmill last year when he was rehabbing his knee.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Either way, I don't think Spencer will be much of an asset to the team this year. However, I really want to see him activated for a couple of reasons:

2. being able to practice and compete some will this year will make his return next season much smoother and he'll hopefully regain confidence in his leg this season.
I agree. The team needs to have some idea what is going on so the position can be address in off season. I do NOT want to see another season of Salaam/ Black. Salaam is earning his check but should not be starter going into 2008.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #10
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

100% agree. I do, however, have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that he won't come back the same. I hope I am worried for nothing.
Old 10-02-2007   #11
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Any chance that Spencer can be placed on the practice squad? I agree that getting him working in some live action during this year (in some capacity) gives us a better idea of what we have and will speed up is progression next season.

I am not going to be surprised either way with this injury. It seems to me that more and more atheletes are able to overcome these injuries in recent years. Even if he is not the same player, I would still be interested to see if he could move inside to provide additional depth and/or allow us to move one of our talented guards to center...which is another need area.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Any chance that Spencer can be placed on the practice squad? I agree that getting him working in some live action during this year (in some capacity) gives us a better idea of what we have and will speed up is progression next season.
I'm not sure if we have to put him to the regular roster from the PUP list. To put him on the practice squad, you have to waive him and then no one else has to want him. Which we might be able to do.

But if he's not healthy, I think it's better just to IR him and let him continue to rehab.

I'm interested in this Rashard Butler guy we picked up and I'm hoping Brandon Frye turns into a good player.

With Chris White, Brandon Frye, Kasey Studdard, Rashard Butler, and Winston, we've got some young prospects on the line. And that's even without Spencer coming back.

There's a guy that knows Spencer who sometimes posts on here and I was hoping he'd see the thread and respond to it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I am not going to be surprised either way with this injury. It seems to me that more and more atheletes are able to overcome these injuries in recent years. Even if he is not the same player, I would still be interested to see if he could move inside to provide additional depth and/or allow us to move one of our talented guards to center...which is another need area.
If he is placed on PS any team can sign him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #14
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

The Texans will be smart, and place Spencer on IR. They will let him get completely healthy, and ready for Training Camp next year.

Makes no sense whatsoever to rush him back. If he is going to be as good as they say, then the Texans will take their time to get him healthy.
Old 10-02-2007   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah... I don't expect Spencer back until 2008.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Any Update on Spencer?

I'm not saying Salaam hasn't been playing well, but I wonder how close Spencer is to returning. Anyone know if he'll be ready for week 7?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
100% agree. I do, however, have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that he won't come back the same. I hope I am worried for nothing.
damn. i was thinking the same thing. that makes two of us. i was wondering what that feeling in my stomach was. i thought it was bratwurst..... i really hope that he does get some playing time this year for the same reasons stated above...

but i'm really worried that he'll end up being just another guy that an injury ruined.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read