Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-02-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Okoye or Peterson?

If the Vikings offered Peterson for Okoye right now,should the Texans do it?

This is just hypothetical and I'm bored and just having fun, so don't start with "that's not realistic, the Vikings don't need a DL". I'm just asking on the Texans side of things. I'm not armachair quarterbacking or being silly, just having some fun.

As much as I think that a good defensive lineman are hard to find, I would do it becasue I think AD is just something special. Amobi will probably be a solid, maybe even a great player for years to come but Adrian is the real deal.

Mods, if you can move this thread to the "NFL". I started it as a "going back to the draft" discussion.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Re: Okoye or Peterson?

I really don't know how Peterson would run behind our line, so I would say no.
Farough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

adrian peterson is a man god. As much as i love amobi, We would have our RB for the next 10 years.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

no question, Peterson has hall-of-fame written all over him, you take that in a heartbeat.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
no question, Peterson has hall-of-fame written all over him, you take that in a heartbeat.
I don't think Okoye could be having a much better season at this point, unless we somehow played him against Winston Justice every game.

If we assume that they both get into the HoF, which one do you take? I think most fans would take the RB, but I think most coaches would take the DT.
Old 10-02-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reggie Bush did too... didnt he?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #7
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I love Peterson, I don't think I would do it. Running backs are important, but are significantly exposed to injury with the pounding they take which is why most seem to fade after 30. DT's can be dominant for years and are a priority for top defenses. Okoye is definately showing that he will be a force in the interior that offenses WILL have to account for.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
nope, not to me, and that's the only opinion that matters. Peterson is clearly a better prospect than Bush, but the hype overshadowed the facts.
Old 10-02-2007   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nope, not to me, and that's the only opinion that matters. Peterson is clearly a better prospect than Bush, but the hype overshadowed the facts.
my opinion on this matters too......

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea I agree with all of those points.
Old 10-02-2007   #11
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Only as per the media.

You'd be surprised how many of our knowledgeable members called RB a slot receiver before he ever saw an NFL snap.

AD has proven more in 4 games than Reggie has with a full season under his belt. AD will likely have more rushing yards in his first 6 starts than Bush did all of the 06 season. He is the real deal and I think we are only seeing the floor right now.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peterson is a full-grown man and a full-grown NFL running back. They are still trying to figure out what Bush is ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
Only as per the media.

You'd be surprised how many of our knowledgeable members called RB a slot receiver before he ever saw an NFL snap.

AD has proven more in 4 games than Reggie has with a full season under his belt. AD will likely have more rushing yards in his first 6 starts than Bush did all of the 06 season. He is the real deal and I think we are only seeing the floor right now.

My $0.02
for his career, Bush has 645 yards rushing. Peterson has 383. he's going to get Bush by midseason.
Old 10-02-2007   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
Only as per the media.

My $0.02
I know.

I was one of those knowledgeable members.

Just pointing out that any Hall of Fame talk about a rookie is overstating things.
Old 10-02-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well i was saying Hall of Fame for Peterson before he was drafted, becuase there haven't been too many guys to come out of college with his abilities. best RB prospect since Barry Sanders.
Old 10-02-2007   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

AP, no question.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #17
real

Assuming both live up to their full potential I'd take Okoye.
Old 10-02-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Amobi, mainly because I think that Peterson's career will be cut short by injury.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is WAY TOO EARLY to even mention HOF to any player not even through his first quarter in the league, and even talk of it is a disrespect for those in it now. HOF is greatness over time, not a few good games at the start of a career.
Now I get what you are saying, but 4 games in the season to even know how good a player either can and will be is premature. Until there is at least a year or 2 under thier belts, any HOF talk is nuts..
But I would take Okoye...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i said he has HOF potential, which means his abilities are extremely rare and you don't see them very often.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read