Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2007   #41
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bennett could replace Faggins as Texans cornerback

Nice to know the fanbase is ready and willing to tar and feather two games into the season.

Offensively i understand some of Kubiaks reasons for making certain calls and right now with AJ and JJ gone being forced to reign in his game plan.

Defensively I'm not at all impressed with Richard Smith. The front seven and Dunta have played well. Other then that I'm not really impressed with how this coaching staff has put the rest of the squad in position to succceed. But then again i'm reminded the current shuffle at the safeties and how this team really came together after what week 4-5 last year....which concidentally is about the same time our new safeties will be much more comfortable and i think the staff a lot more confidence. Miami could in total be a get well game for this team to come out play hard and see what we've got on both sides of the ball.

Of course i find it hilarious how quickly this board forgot how much this team struggled defensively without Faggins last year. There were even some Faggins get well wishes on this board.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #42
real

Quote:
Secondary coach Jon Hoke hasn't given up on Faggins, but he concedes "Petey" probably needs to be at least temporarily plucked from the frying pan for the sake of his own mental health. The kind of penalties Faggins committed are often an indication that a player is veering toward panic mode.

"We just have to get him settled down," Hoke said.

Still, the best-case scenario for the Texans would be Bennett's proving worthy of the starting job opposite Robinson, a fellow former South Carolina Gamecock. At 6-0, 197 pounds, the fourth-round draft choice is bigger than both Faggins (5-10, 179) and Fletcher (5-10, 185). He's also a more proficient, punishing tackler — if not quite yet in the same league as the 5-11, 184-pound Robinson, who packs as much pound-for-pound wallop as almost any player in the NFL.

An accomplished sprinter in high school, Bennett is also faster than the two veterans. Although a lack of speed hasn't been a conspicuous problem for either Faggins or seventh-year pro Fletcher, most agree they would be more effectively utilized in the "nickel" and "dime" packages — if that's a luxury the Texans can afford.

While coach Gary Kubiak said, "We had a quarterback (Joey Harrington) play really good against us," he was reluctant to promise a lineup change. He refrained from saying Bennett would start.

"We think a lot of Fred," Kubiak said, "but in all honesty, in the last few weeks he hasn't been healthy with his hamstring, and he hasn't been (practicing). He did get back to work some Thursday and looked very good on Friday last week. Fred's got to learn to practice like a pro and prepare like a pro, and he's on his way to doing that. If we can get him healthy, we'd definitely like to get him some playing time.

"Where that's at, how we do that, we'll see. But it's also a matter of him stepping to the plate and showing he's ready to play."

Robinson would have mixed emotions about Bennett's replacing Faggins because he has cultivated special relationships with each. In his final year at South Carolina, Robinson threw his support behind the then-freshman Bennett, and he has grown close to Faggins in their three-plus seasons together in Houston.

While acknowledging Faggins is struggling , Robinson doesn't think he deserves to be benched.

"I don't think you sit guys down (for the kind of mistakes Faggins made)," he said. "I think you give us as a team the chance to correct it again on Sunday."

But Robinson insisted Faggins will handle whatever happens as a professional.

"I talked to Petey," he said. "He's always in good spirits. He's been through a lot in his life, so he knows what it takes to get back on the football field if they do sit him down."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5183549.html
Old 10-03-2007   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I reiterate - If Faggins is a good nickel back, then put him at nickel in those situations. Ten, you only have to worry about safety help for the #2 corner.

Oh, right ..... Faggins isn't really a good nickel back, either.
Old 10-03-2007   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins and Salaam are stand ins until someone better beats them out. LT and CB were not addressed in first 3 rounds by teams choice. They are what they are. To condemn someone for doing his best is ridiculous to me. If Jordan Black or Fletcher could beat the starter they would be the starter. Faggins like Salaam will have good plays and bad plays. Faggins is not Pburnt and should not be insulted. Bennett may or not be the answer. Same with Spencer. We are basing a lot on very little actual game play with C.S. We may be looking at same basic needs in next draft. LT, CB, FS and RB. At this moment our only need that seems to be resolved is #2 WR. I fully expect our first round pick to be a defensive lineman.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #45
real

Good. And you guys cut Faggins some slack.
Old 10-03-2007   #46
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Bennett is only a rookie.
So was Robinson when he nabbed 6 balls for us back in '04...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #47
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
And...what rounds were they drafted in? There's quite a difference between 1st round and 2nd day players.
Old 10-03-2007   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right now Dunte and Bennett do not belong in the same sentence when comparing skills. We are hopeful for the B man,but for now hopeful is all it is.
Old 10-03-2007   #49
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Defensively I'm not at all impressed with Richard Smith. The front seven and Dunta have played well. Other then that I'm not really impressed with how this coaching staff has put the rest of the squad in position to succceed. But then again i'm reminded the current shuffle at the safeties and how this team really came together after what week 4-5 last year....which concidentally is about the same time our new safeties will be much more comfortable and i think the staff a lot more confidence. Miami could in total be a get well game for this team to come out play hard and see what we've got on both sides of the ball.

Of course i find it hilarious how quickly this board forgot how much this team struggled defensively without Faggins last year. There were even some Faggins get well wishes on this board.
I don't understand where you're coming from, there. You say the front seven and Dunta have played well. Well yeah, they're good talented players. Pretty much a no-brainer there. But then, you go on to say that you're "not impressed with the way the coaching staff has put the rest of the a squad in position to succeed", without taking into account the sharp drop off in talent with the 2 safeties and other CB position, even after going on to say how Faggins struggled defensively last year???

There is only so much you can do, coaching wise, if you have lack of talent at certain positions. To expect more than that is unrealistic.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Bennett is only a rookie.
Quote:
Let's see now.

Robinson was the 10th overall pick in the draft. Bennett was a 4th rounder.

Yeah, I guess they're about the same.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #51
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't understand where you're coming from, there. You say the front seven and Dunta have played well. Well yeah, they're good talented players. Pretty much a no-brainer there. But then, you go on to say that you're "not impressed with the way the coaching staff has put the rest of the a squad in position to succeed", without taking into account the sharp drop off in talent with the 2 safeties and other CB position, even after going on to say how Faggins struggled defensively last year???

There is only so much you can do, coaching wise, if you have lack of talent at certain positions. To expect more than that is unrealistic.
I never said Faggins struggled last year. In fact I said the defense struggled without him last year.

I mentioned the safeties only passingly as we are moving two new players into the roation, if not the starting lineup in, Demps and Boulware. I can credit that much indeed with part of the struggle our secondary is facing. But it's like Reid putting Justice out on an island sunday night against Osi. If someone isn't ready or can't handle being out on an island by themselves it shouldn't take a genius to get them help or make an in game adjustment on scheme. It's not anything new that on the boards we've mentioned having safety help over the top or jamming the slot guy at the line. You can scheme to HELP weaknesses not cover them completely is all i'm trying to say.

I also said i expected as we get settled in more at both safety spots i expect this defense to be better.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #52
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So what's the latest word on how Demps and Boulware are taking to the system?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #53
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are some true statements:
-faggins isn't handling his share of the load on defense.
When others have gotten the opportunity to play, they've gotten burned (namely Jamar Fletcher)
-in 4 games faggins has been up against 2 of the best recievers in the league, and 2 decent recievers. he's been burned in every game due solely to his lack of skill for a #2 cornerback.
Game 1- I honestly don't remember this far back! but 0 TD's. KC is perdy bad and I do recall Sammy Parker making a big gain- don't know if it was Faggins responibility or another CB or S. Game 2- Steve Smith is incredible, Faggins had great defense on the first TD- only Elite wr's would have made that catch after the deflection-Smith made a great play. 2nd TD was clearly Faggins poor tackling. 3rd TD was everyones poor tackling, namely Demeco slowing smith down but I think it was a S, knocked one of our own guys and allowed smith to break free. Game 3- Held Marvin Harrison to 53 yards and 0 TD's which is a win, did play bend but don't break defense which was not smart on the last drive where MH got the 1st- bad call Game 4- Faggins gave up a few plays I believe but the Fletcher and Hutchins were responsible for the 2 TD's, not Faggins
-teams are gameplaning to throw at faggins because it's working. he's basically a running target.
Dunta is playing very very well. Untill we have a true #2 or great FS, teams will ALWAYS expose our secondary. Teams will gameplan and pick apart Fletcher or Bennet if they are there, this won't change until we get our Dre Bly across from our Champ Bailey
-starting in the atl, more than likely every play he's out there getting burned is shattering his confidence. we still need him as a nickel db...
CB kind of reminds me of a Closer in pitcher. If the confidence is shot, well the other team is going to make plays/score. Maybe Faggins does need to sit some, regroup and focus. Hopefully he's turning it around in practice.

bennett IS going to get a chance to play this weekend, per kubiak. i don't disagree with those of you wanting faggins as the #2 because realistically there is not a better option AT THIS POINT IN TIME. however, in bennett's playing time if he shows that he is better (or just as good) than faggins then he needs to start accumulating more and more playing time away from faggins as the season rolls along. outright giving the spot to either is silly. leaving a more talented cb on the sideline would be dumb, and handing over the reigns to a untested rookie is pretty dumb as well.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Bennet get more and more playing time. I think you hit the nail on the head when saying 'outright giving the spot to either is silly'. This should be a good game for Bennet to play some b/c MIAMI doesn't have the quality of WR that some of the other teams we've played have. I would like to see steady progress by Bennet, but don't want him to get thrown in there too early. If we rely too much on him, he's going to get burned (shoot even Dunta gets burned every now and then) and he may start to lose confidence. Being a rookie cb, I think we should get him as much playing time as it would be helpful for his development. I think everyone is fed up with Faggins and don't care if the other person is any better, they just want change. I'm as unhappy with Faggins play as the next guy, but just don't see anyone on our team that would do better. Bennet could be great down the road- I love his size
Old 10-04-2007   #54
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Teams with good FS's do this all the time. Playing a seafty over the top would be the optium way to keep Faggins from getting burnt for big plays...Oh...wait...my bad...Faggins is NOT getting burned for big plays.

If you want to keep the WR that Faggins is covering from having such a big cushion you need Faggins to try and jam the WR at the line. And if you ask Faggins to do that he WILL get burnt for big plays, unless the safeties can cover over the top of the play.

Do you really think that our safeties are good enough to help over the top?
Yes I do think our safeties are good enough to help over the top IF that's where they're told to be. Four flailing arms are better than two. Faggins isn't giving up big plays this season but he IS giving the opponent an almost automatic 1st down when the ball goes to his side.That's keeping drives alive and our D on the field. Faggins may be our best option at LCB, but that doesn't mean he's a GOOD option.
Old 10-04-2007   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
this isn't high school man. trying hard can only bring you so far.

here are some true statements:
-in 4 games faggins has been up against 2 of the best recievers in the league, and 2 decent recievers. he's been burned in every game due solely to his lack of skill for a #2 cornerback.
-teams are gameplaning to throw at faggins because it's working. he's basically a running target.
-starting in the atl, more than likely every play he's out there getting burned is shattering his confidence. we still need him as a nickel db...

bennett IS going to get a chance to play this weekend, per kubiak. i don't disagree with those of you wanting faggins as the #2 because realistically there is not a better option AT THIS POINT IN TIME. however, in bennett's playing time if he shows that he is better (or just as good) than faggins then he needs to start accumulating more and more playing time away from faggins as the season rolls along. outright giving the spot to either is silly. leaving a more talented cb on the sideline would be dumb, and handing over the reigns to a untested rookie is pretty dumb as well.
You slamming a 6th round selection for not being a Dunte Robinson sounds like high school to me. If he was not doing his best, say that. He admits he needs to do better. Our 6th round this season Casey Studdard is not even starting. Why don't you slam him also? The point is, we don't have anyone better than Petey. I hate it when some one scores over him too. Why don't you redirect your wrath at Smith for taking Okoye? We could have had a corner in first round.
Old 10-04-2007   #56
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Your responses in red, mine in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Here are some true statements:
When others have gotten the opportunity to play, they've gotten burned (namely Jamar Fletcher) - And yet that still doesn't address Faggins' lack of defense. Anytime you defend someone by deflecting, you have probably already conceded the point in your mind.
-in 4 games faggins has been up against 2 of the best recievers in the league, and 2 decent recievers. he's been burned in every game due solely to his lack of skill for a #2 cornerback.Game 1- I honestly don't remember this far back! but 0 TD's. KC is perdy bad and I do recall Sammy Parker making a big gain- don't know if it was Faggins responibility or another CB or S. Game 2- Steve Smith is incredible, Faggins had great defense on the first TD- only Elite wr's would have made that catch after the deflection-Smith made a great play. 2nd TD was clearly Faggins poor tackling. 3rd TD was everyones poor tackling, namely Demeco slowing smith down but I think it was a S, knocked one of our own guys and allowed smith to break free. Game 3- Held Marvin Harrison to 53 yards and 0 TD's which is a win, did play bend but don't break defense which was not smart on the last drive where MH got the 1st- bad call Game 4- Faggins gave up a few plays I believe but the Fletcher and Hutchins were responsible for the 2 TD's, not Faggins - I really hope that people don't actually believe Faggins played great defense on that deflected ball Smith caught for a TD. Faggins had great positioning. Great defense would have been turning his head around and actually playing the ball. I think most CBs would have turned, played the ball, and batted it down. If Smith hadn't deflected that, it would have bounced off the back of Faggins' shoulderpads. As for the rest, Faggins has given far too much cushion on every receiver. Some of that is by design, but even the coaches have acknowledged that this is something that he needs to work on.
-teams are gameplaning to throw at faggins because it's working. he's basically a running target.Dunta is playing very very well. Untill we have a true #2 or great FS, teams will ALWAYS expose our secondary. Teams will gameplan and pick apart Fletcher or Bennet if they are there, this won't change until we get our Dre Bly across from our Champ Bailey - Dunta is playing very well; you're right. But we don't have to have a Dre Bly-caliber WR across from Dunta to see marked improvement. A decent corner with safety help can help out a great deal The safety play is about as big a problem as Faggins.
I like Faggins. He's a blue collar, hard working guy that has made some key plays for this team in the past. That does not blind me from recognizing that a change needs to be made there. Faggins is a huge liability right now. Unfortunately, there is no one better to replace him with, so far. Hopefully Bennett can come in and play adequately, then maybe Faggins will get to show his stuff against the other teams' 3rd WRs.
Old 10-04-2007   #57
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I like Faggins. He's a blue collar, hard working guy that has made some key plays for this team in the past. That does not blind me from recognizing that a change needs to be made there. Faggins is a huge liability right now. Unfortunately, there is no one better to replace him with, so far. Hopefully Bennett can come in and play adequately, then maybe Faggins will get to show his stuff against the other teams' 3rd WRs.
I'm in complete agreement with this.
Old 10-04-2007   #58
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my problem with Faggins and every member of our secondary other than Dunta Robinson --- they play the man rather than the ball.

Sure this helps them not get beat on playactions and pumps, but this also means that unless they happen to be hit on accident, the other guy is going to make the catch.

have you seen the completion percentage against the Texans? Its almost laughibly high. We let Harrington, the ONLY active QB with a career passer rating under 70 complete 80%
Old 10-04-2007   #59
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Here is my problem with Faggins and every member of our secondary other than Dunta Robinson --- they play the man rather than the ball.

Sure this helps them not get beat on playactions and pumps, but this also means that unless they happen to be hit on accident, the other guy is going to make the catch.

have you seen the completion percentage against the Texans? Its almost laughibly high. We let Harrington, the ONLY active QB with a career passer rating under 70 complete 80%
Remember what Bruenel did against us last year??? The Falcons game reminded me of theat game a little bit.
Old 10-04-2007   #60
real

Joey Harrington was actually making plays for his team last week. He avoided some pressure and got the ball of for completions.

Good QB play will always give a team a chance to win.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read