Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2007   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 1K for Schaub

1005 passing yards and a 101.2 qb rating after week 4 of his first NFL season. Oh yeah...and just 6 sacks also.

Congrats Matt!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...YARDS&conf=ALL
Old 10-01-2007   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: 1K for Schaub

He's still 2-4 as a starter for his career. Need to turn that around.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Matt for a very strong start statistically - it is even more impressive given the fact that he lost AJ in the second week of the season.
Old 10-01-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
The only people that need to turn things around is the runningbacks. In Schaub's losses he hasn't had a running game worth a crap.

I'm tired of the Dayne train, we need to find a viable #2 back. Ron Dayne stinks.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
The only people that need to turn things around is the runningbacks. In Schaub's losses he hasn't had a running game worth a crap.

I'm tired of the Dayne train, we need to find a viable #2 back. Ron Dayne stinks.
I won't argue that. Schaub has been nothing short of impressive since he got to town. However, he has only won 33% of the games he has started. I expect that he wants to change that stat.
Old 10-01-2007   #6
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
1005 passing yards and a 101.2 qb rating after week 4 of his first NFL season. Oh yeah...and just 6 sacks also.

Congrats Matt!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...YARDS&conf=ALL

behind what EVERYONE said was same ol offensive line that Carr had
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
HATER!

Old 10-01-2007   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

Good for him, but I'm sure he'd rather win. I agree that the so called experts need to eat crow about our pass protecting, and judging from the Panthers yesterday they are all finding that out now.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #9
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Good for him, but I'm sure he'd rather win. I agree that the so called experts need to eat crow about our pass protecting, and judging from the Panthers yesterday they are all finding that out now.
The old "the O-line is the reason Carr is so ineffective!" excuse was parroted so many times by so many UNEDUCATED people, that it simply became truth. Us smart fans (e.g. the TEXANS FANS) know better after watching these past 5 years. We know our team inside and out, and the outsiders would always bash our O-line without really knowing what's going on.

Schaub has freakin' IMPRESSED THE CRAP out of me. And as far as I'm concerned, he's .500 as a starter (his reign begins with the Texans, baby!). He's calm, cool and collected. He looked disappointed on the sideline at the end of the game this week, but not whiney, like some other folks we've had in the past.

Guys...think about how good Schaub will be with a running game and fully loaded (healthy) weapons at WR. And more clock-management experience. I see this team and just get excited about the next couple of years. And I certainly haven't thrown this season away either! Anything can happen! Remember the Titans poor record out of the gate last year and they were in the wildcard hunt at the end...longshot, but nonetheless, they were there!

Faith, my Texans brothers and sisters in fandom. There is no team on its way up that has so much potential with youth at almost every position to make this a team that folks will fear for years to come, if things fall into place.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #10
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
The old "the O-line is the reason Carr is so ineffective!" excuse was parroted so many times by so many UNEDUCATED people, that it simply became truth. Us smart fans (e.g. the TEXANS FANS) know better after watching these past 5 years. We know our team inside and out, and the outsiders would always bash our O-line without really knowing what's going on.

Schaub has freakin' IMPRESSED THE CRAP out of me. And as far as I'm concerned, he's .500 as a starter (his reign begins with the Texans, baby!). He's calm, cool and collected. He looked disappointed on the sideline at the end of the game this week, but not whiney, like some other folks we've had in the past.

Guys...think about how good Schaub will be with a running game and fully loaded (healthy) weapons at WR. And more clock-management experience. I see this team and just get excited about the next couple of years. And I certainly haven't thrown this season away either! Anything can happen! Remember the Titans poor record out of the gate last year and they were in the wildcard hunt at the end...longshot, but nonetheless, they were there!

Faith, my Texans brothers and sisters in fandom. There is no team on its way up that has so much potential with youth at almost every position to make this a team that folks will fear for years to come, if things fall into place.
That's right. Who cares if he was 0-2 with the Falcons, different team and place. He is 2-2 as a Houston Texan and looking very good. We just need to get him a running game and some weapons healthy.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I also consider him to be 2-2 as a starter. I think that you have to consider the situation in Atlanta when he filled in for Michael Vick. That was an offense designed around a RB playing QB and any other "QB playing QB" like Schaub (or Doug Johnson when he faced us back in 2003) is going to have a tough time stepping in on short notice.

Look at Harrington and Jenkins yesterday. Both of them are so-called busts but don't be surprised if they end up looking like comeback players by the end of the year. It's amazing what can happen when a QB connects with a WR. The Vick led Falcons were the team that WR's went to to die but now that they no longer have Vick there's somebody throwing the ball in Atlanta again.
Old 10-01-2007   #12
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Impressive is an understatement.

Take away Addai, Harrison, Gonzalez, and center Jeff Saturday from Peyton Manning, and lets see how well he would play.

Bottom line is we have a qb who of course would rather win, but is still holding the team together with his play.
Old 10-01-2007   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
well, one of the biggest plays made yesterday was b/c of our trash O-line...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #14
barberman
Rookie

Hey people, that a pace for a 4000 yard season. Not bad for a first year starter. Tear it up Matt!!!!!. Oh man its pleasure to watch him play after 5 years of the former #8.
barberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Give the guy a full year or two before you try to judge him by his win/loss record.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Give the guy a full year or two before you try to judge him by his win/loss record.
I'm not ripping the guy. Only a fool would do that. I said in another post he has been nothing short of impressive.

In a couple of years, his win/loss record is going to be looking pretty good.
Old 10-02-2007   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a friend (in DFW), who insisted that the Texnas brought in many people for the O-Line. That is "why" Schaub isn't getting sacked.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #18
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I had a friend (in DFW), who insisted that the Texnas brought in many people for the O-Line. That is "why" Schaub isn't getting sacked.

Your friend is dense.

Show him/her the light, GB.
Old 10-02-2007   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post

How many times against the Falcons did the Texans have a 3rd and less than 2 and FAIL TO CONVERT !. Prior to the Falcons game the Texans were near the top of the NFL in that statistical category .

Ron Dayne stinks and so does Samkon Gado ..... Arent they the same guy ? Does some fat guy go change uniforms and get back in the game ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Your friend is dense.

Show him/her the light, GB.
Whenever we talk football, we turn into worse enemies. I just left him alone and let him think that.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read