Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2007   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Lightbulb Trade Bait!

What about trying to trade Mathis for a RB? This could be a great move for the Texans, since he ONLY seems to return punts & kick-offs.
Old 10-01-2007   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Bait!

What RB that could help us win games can we get for a underachieving player that ONLY return kick-offs?

End of thread.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #3
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Maybe trade him to Dallas for Julius Jones?
Old 10-01-2007   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Maybe trade him to Dallas for Julius Jones?
Once again, I think I hear that Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" music coming up in the background.

"Here's to you mister preposterous trade suggestor..."
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Once again, I think I hear that Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" music coming up in the background.

"Here's to you mister preposterous trade suggestor..."
beat me to it, remind us again what Baltimore got for the former MVP leading rusher, led his team to the SB, Jamal Lewis befor the season started?

Look they had the choice of bringing up the rook off the practice squad. Instead they put Ron Dayne of all people on the edge, out in space, with the game riding on his hands of stone. Wanna argue the toss was good or bad fine. OK you throw the guys under the buss is you want. Looked to me a couple of Einstiens got too smart for their own breeches. And that'd be Sherman and Kubiack. This dog sleeps at their porch not Dayne's.

And the same goes for Vonta Leech's bo bo. You going to put the big guys out in the flat for 7% of your yearly rushing attack, guys who are not ball skill guys in the first place...go out and buy fifty new slick as snot right out of the box NFL ball, freeze them befor practice and then set up a gauntlet drill with the fullbacks recieving the pass in the flat and several guys tring to force the fumble. This is a reoccouring problem that goes all the way back to the Last San Deigo game. Going to throw the damn fb in the flat, practice it . Kubiak can put Leech in the dog house. But he did everything correctly. He caught the ball, he secured the catch, and he wraped it up with both hands.
So says to me they are not practicing it correctly. That's on the coaches. Either throw the play away or practice correctly.
Old 10-01-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look they had the choice of bringing up the rook off the practice squad.
Now, that wouldn't be, let me guess, the infamous Darius Walker, the phenom from Notre Dame who went completely undrafted by 32 teams, because he's too small, and oh yeah, can't block, and can't pick up a blitz.

Puhleeze.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Now, that wouldn't be, let me guess, the infamous Darius Walker, the phenom from Notre Dame who went completely undrafted by 32 teams, because he's too small, and oh yeah, can't block, and can't pick up a blitz.

Puhleeze.
Looked to me all they needed him to do was recieve a toss and walk into the end zone. But I yeild to your expertice. Obviously he would of triped on his way in. One thing about it we know for a fact this morning, RD and MS weren't up to the task
Old 10-01-2007   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Looked to me all they needed him to do was recieve a toss and walk into the end zone. But I yeild to your expertice. Obviously he would of triped on his way in. One thing about it we know for a fact this morning, RD and MS weren't up to the task

Looked to me that had Dayne received the ball cleanly and turned on all the gas he had, he still would have been greeted by a couple of Falcons. It looked like the Falcons had the play stop even with perfect execution. The ex-NFL QB talking on TV thought the same thing.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know what happened to Lundy? Is he too ticked at the Texans to come back or did he tick off the coaching staff too much to ask him back? IMO, we could sure use him right now.
Old 10-01-2007   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Lundy? Is he too ticked at the Texans to come back or did he tick off the coaching staff too much to ask him back? IMO, we could sure use him right now.
Like you and I, he is waiting for the NFL to call. And just like you and I, the NFL has not come calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
What about trying to trade Mathis for a RB? This could be a great move for the Texans, since he ONLY seems to return punts & kick-offs.

Why would any team want to trade for a player who whines every time he gets a bo bo!!?
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read