Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-30-2007   #1
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default DeAngelo Hall wants Out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I say we go for it, I mean our secondary sucks so bad. I mean if we plan on drafting a unproven CB in the draft, might as well see what we can give for a proven CB and he's only 23. Maybe not attack this aggressively but at least give it a shot.

I mean Faggins has been giving up some big plays man, our secondary is in shambles, we need help one way or another.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeAngelo Hall wants Out.

He is signed for the next couple of years and pretty much has no way out. He can demand a trade, but the Falcons are under no obligation to trade him. I also have a feeling he has some character issues. In this new Goodell NFL, that can be a bad thing.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Hall blows, no thanks.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
He is signed for the next couple of years and pretty much has no way out. He can demand a trade, but the Falcons are under no obligation to trade him. I also have a feeling he has some character issues. In this new Goodell NFL, that can be a bad thing.
I don't know about the character issues. I mean has he ever been in legal trouble? I think Hall's issues lies with the team he is playing for and the Coach he is playing for. Its just one team. T.O. has a history of doing this to every team he plays for, this is Hall's first.

Plus the guy is 10x better than Faggins.

As for the Falcons not wanting to trade him, I don't take too much stock into that. They may try to hang on to the guy for this year and sees how long he remains unhappy...I mean it is worth a shot IMO. The secondary is a huge hole IMO. Some of the reason the line can't get to the QB because he's finding guys open before they get to him. Also Hall is a big reason why their pass defense is ranked so high...

I mean look the Cowboys took a risk for Owens, The Pats took a risk on Moss,
Both of those guys are the same type of guys as Hall. The guy that gets frustrated with hi team when they are losing and gets ready to hit the role...but when they are winning these guys get motivated. I think Hall can fix a lot of our problems in the secondary.

I just don't see what do we have to lose.
Old 09-30-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Charlie Casserly said he wouldn't have drafted Hall because of his character issues.
Old 09-30-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Charlie Casserly said he wouldn't have drafted Hall because of his character issues.
Are we really going to listen to Casserly?

I'm just saying, other franchises has taken the risks with these guys and they are looking good right now.

The only thing I hear about Hall is that he's cocky and a bit egotisitical, but winning is a good medicine to all that.

Also, what do we have to lose? I mean Faggins is on the other side giving up plays, that needs to stop if we are going to be a winning team.

We took a risk when we got Schaub but its working out, depending on when and how much the Falcons want for him I would take the risk. We need a solid corner on the other side of the field and Hall is more than a solid corner. He's a good young corner I don't think Dunta is too much better than him honestly if he's better than him at all, they are at about the same point in their careers. Dunta is better against the run and Hall isn't going to get beat deep and can make some plays. I just don't think we have much to lose depending on what Atlanta wants and when or if they'd be willing to trade him. Maybe not this year but he should be on our radar.
Old 09-30-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well, if there were concerns about his character before he went to the NFL (there were) and now he's having concerns in the NFL, seems like an important issue with him.
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to have him. I don't know if he had any outbursts before Petrino was hired at Atlanta, but even if he did I'd still love for the Texans to trade for him. As bad as Faggins has been, I would take the risk on Hall and his character issues.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #9
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

His obvious problems are inconsistency and character issues. Although I don't think he would go to Vegas and order a friend to kill someone (ahem...) he doesn't use his head on the field, like last week. His talents would definitely be an upgrade, though.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #10
real

The man got his face spat in...

If he had character issues I think they would have showed....
Old 09-30-2007   #11
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you see what he did to Steve Smith?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

His mouth is much better than his actual game.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

If the cost wouldn't be so high I'd say go for it.

He'd be a great #2 CB, and it would allow us to move Petey back to the nickel corner, and it would give us another season to get Bennett ready. Both Hall and Dunta are FAs after next season. I agree with real, if there were bad character issues they would have surfaced by now, I don't think he's had any off the field issues. Althought he is pasrt of that string of Vivk era Hookies, so there definalty should be some investagating before any moevement by the Texasn. I could care less if a player runs his mouth, espically a DB (to me that's part of there job).

But the cost will be to high.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'd love to have him. I don't know if he had any outbursts before Petrino was hired at Atlanta, but even if he did I'd still love for the Texans to trade for him. As bad as Faggins has been, I would take the risk on Hall and his character issues.
We have a player on the team (Schaub) who should be able to let the front office know if there are any character issues or not.
Old 10-01-2007   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of his character issues, I'm not sure that the Falcons will trust us in trades for a long time

Bring him in and introduce him to the team, let him know that there's a no BS attitude in Houston, and that he'll get killed if he does not behave.

Unfortunately chances are he won't get traded at all...
Old 10-01-2007   #16
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

I wonder if they will take Jerome Mathis straight-up?
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
I wonder if they will take Jerome Mathis straight-up?
Very much doubt that, but might be a starting point.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read