Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2007   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Exclamation Ramonce Taylor or Ricky Williams (Help at RB)

Either Taylor or Williams could really help this team right now!
Old 09-30-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Ramonce Taylor or Ricky Williams (Help at RB)

Now is not the time to go into desperation mode.
Old 09-30-2007   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting ideas. I can't imagine them doing something like that but if I were in a position to do so I'd be calling anybody out there who might be able to help to see if they'd come in for a look. I question whether Ricky Williams is in anything approaching football shape, even if he's completely ready to play (meaning no weed). If he was ready to play we could probably use him. If Corey Dillon was ready to play I know we could use him.

For the record I don't think Dayne was that bad today. I think we got away from the run when we got behind and thus he never really got going after the first quarter. That's what I think. I also think that if Ahman Green is going to miss another game then bring me another old veteran (if he can play) to take Gado's spot on the roster. It's not like Samkon is doing anything with it.
Old 09-30-2007   #4
real

I think we should bring Wali back.

I still think the guy is a good running back...And in the pre-season he looked like he was quicker than last year...
Old 09-30-2007   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think they should really give Walker a shot if Green is going to miss much more time. With Flannagan in at C he's going to be a liability in the run game. We aren't going to be able to run the ball up the middle all day, and we'll need a guy who's a little quicker to run it on the outside or pitch it to every now and then. Even getting him in on a screen once in a while will lead to more positive plays from our offense. Of course getting AJ & JJ back will do wonders for the running game too.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Corey Dillon makes the most sense for a short term fix. But we probably can't afford him.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #7
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

DAMN!!!! Did you really just say Ricky Williams?!?!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne was just awful in short yardage situations.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard an interview with Ricky Williams a couple of weeks ago here in Austin. His old RB coach has his own radio show. He's been tough on Ricky in the past when he's screwed up, so I don't think he's blowing smoke.

FWIW, he thinks Ricky's in football shape right now. Ricky sounded real honest and contrite in the interview. He admitted that his problem has been that he's never had to do anything for himself since he was a football star through college.

When he got into the pros, he didn't know how to adjust to being an adult. If nothing else, the dude talks a good game.

He hasn't heard from the Dolphins since Cam Cameron got hired. He said that he'd love to play in Texas again since people in Texas are more receptive to him than anywhere else. I heard all that I needed to hear to be willing to give the guy a chance with my favorite pro team. I'd love to see him as a Texan. I think the Texans could benefit as well. Having said that, I honestly think it would never happen.

Ramonce....not so much.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #10
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

If AG isn't coming back soon, we need some sort of help, but I'm not sure if it's Taylor or Williams that can help. Isn't Williams still the property of Miami if he plays in the NFL again?
Old 09-30-2007   #11
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

We just really need to get our running game going!
Old 09-30-2007   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
He should've been benched at halftime for Gado. I'd describe his running style today as jogging with his eyes closed in 2 feet of water.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #13
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barry is only 37 right now isn't he?

No seriously our options in no particular order would be this:

DD/DW
Dillon
Lundi
Taylor
Williams

If anyone has any other options let me know.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #14
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ive said since the draft bring in RT.... hes a playmaker
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Ricky Williams failed a drug test in May. He is going to seek reinstatement tomorrow. I do not want to take that kind of chance. He has failed 5 times. Do yall really want to take a chance on a fifth?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #16
Hook'er
Veteran

Sure, why not?
Old 10-01-2007   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

We just need to have a permanent thread somewhere that says "The Texans never bring in players with character issues."

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #18
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think you can bring in Williams actually. Given the new NFL policy on behavior and the fact that they are talking about taking draft picks (at one point at least they were) or fining teams if you have a troublemaker on your roster I don't think you can afford Williams. Not even for 12 games. I think his days in the league are done if the league does take any action vs Teams.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Except on the twenty five yard run ? Look there is a function between the quality of holes to run through and the quality of your o-line. I've been preaching this for four years and no one wants to listen. You want holes in the line for average backs to get through and have big games ? Go draft them early in the process of the Draft. The only thing that has not come true this year that i predicted as a wrose case scenario is Salaam going down. Salaam goes down MS and Kubiack's offense looses all functionality. They had to get twevle starts out of the moss back centers to have a shot at a winning record. I stand by that.
The way Grady absolutly brutalized Flanagan, I'm not to sure that's going to be possible. Chriss White better be a heck of a center when the bullets are flying versus the "a" guys.
Old 10-01-2007   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Ricky Williams failed a drug test in May. He is going to seek reinstatement tomorrow. I do not want to take that kind of chance. He has failed 5 times. Do yall really want to take a chance on a fifth?
We could A.) Have Ricky Williams who runs well when he's high or B.) Ron Dayne who runs like he's high. Hmm... PUSH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read