Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2007   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How shocked were you

How shocked were you when Kris Brown missed that extra point style field goal at the end of the game?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #2
real

Default Re: How shocked were you

Not shocked at all.

If the Texans would have won with that poor effort I'd have been shocked.
Old 09-30-2007   #3
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
How shocked were you when Kris Brown missed that extra point style field goal at the end of the game?
ive been a fan of houston teams my entire life. that play was pretty much standard.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

That was pretty ridiculous considering the kicker on the other team is old enough to be our kicker's father and was hitting longer FG's with ease. But I don't think it would've made a difference if he did make it.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Sadly, I wasn't shocked at all. After all of the poor clock management and Schaub's failure to get into the end zone, it seemed right in line.
Old 09-30-2007   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I just sat there staring. There was no anger; there was no sorrow. There was only the feeliing of "Well now we only need a TD and 3 with 2:20 to go."

Eh...I'm an optimist I guess.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #7
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
ive been a fan of houston teams my entire life. that play was pretty much standard.
Yep.....The surest way to guarantee a Houston team will blow something is believe in them. You'd think after 40+ years, I'd have learned that, but sadly....no.
Old 09-30-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I was shocked because Kris Brown had been kicking well this season. AND ITS A 20 YARD FIELD GOAL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Yep.....The surest way to guarantee a Houston team will blow something is believe in them. You'd think after 40+ years, I'd have learned that, but sadly....no.
Texas teams do have a history of ruining a perfectly good day.

I think total disbelief is what I felt when Brown missed that field goal...but then I remembered that he has done this before...sigh.

I'm not giving up yet, however.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
That was pretty ridiculous considering the kicker on the other team is old enough to be our kicker's GRANDfather and was hitting longer FG's with ease. But I don't think it would've made a difference if he did make it.
Edited for correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #11
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Old 09-30-2007   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i wasn't shocked, only glad to be put out of misery, this was the most fustrating game that i can remember
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #13
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
this was the most fustrating game that i can remember
Ahhhh, to be young...............
Old 09-30-2007   #14
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't shocked, I didn't have a good feeling when he had to line up for his kick 2 times.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #15
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't have the type of defense to rely on field goals.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #16
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Pretty much par for the course today. Not really surprised at all.

A buddy of mine summed up the way the Texans played today with one word:
Stagnent .

I agree. Now that I've had time to reflect, I should have seen it coming. I think the team played their hearts out last week, and it showed on the field.

I think we will see a better performance against the Dolphins.
Old 09-30-2007   #17
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
We don't have the type of defense to rely on field goals.
Well if he would have made it, it would have been 26-19 with a chance to recover an onside kick. When he missed it just blew that chance.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

At that point I was a bit surprised but then I'd decided that the Texans were truly dead meat in this game when they couldn't put the rock in the end zone. Once they called back the Schaub TD run and the Texans started to implode on that series I realized that even if they got the FG to make it 26-19 there was no way we were going to be able to get the necessary 7 to tie or 8 to win. When you can't cross the line of scrimmage from 1 you don't deserve to win.
Old 09-30-2007   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say I was shocked, but I was certainly suprised given the way Brown has been performing so far this season. Afterall, wasn't that kick MOL Xtra-point range ?
Let's keep this in mind though: we won both of our first 2 games convincingly against a couple decent teams, and even after the injuries set-in which took virtually all of our playmakers away (xcept for the QB), we've still been in the last 2 games up until the last couple minutes.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

How shocked was I? Well, it seems like old times. And I don't mean that in a good way.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read