Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2007   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak's clock management is atrocious

Last week against the Colts and this last drive. No sense of urgency. Maybe we need to get a clock manager that the Jets had for Herm Edwards. Awful call on 3rd down. What a joke.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak's clock management is atrocious

I agree totally. I figured he would've learned from his mistakes from last week but this was embarrassing. Ridiculous play calling.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

The last person I want to blame is Kubiak, but I don't know what to say after this game.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #4
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest problem is we can't run the damn ball to save our lives. Add to that the piss-poor playcalling and we can't do anything.
Old 09-30-2007   #5
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

the 4th and 1 with 3:30 is an easy call field goal you still have 2 TO and the 2 min warning. wide pitch on 3rd and goal with a slow back. he has been bad calling plays and clock management all day.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #6
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I always thougt Kubes was a bright guy. His management of the clock has been Capers like. Not knowing how to manage a clock is inexcusable as an NFL head coach.
Old 09-30-2007   #7
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP
Default Bad Coaching...

This game was definitely lost by the coaching staff. Bad play calling, bad time management and team was not prepared to play. Think this team has been reading too many press clippings. They overlooked the Falcons.
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2007   #8
TexansFight
All Pro

I hate our 5 wide empty backfield look. We fool no one with that. The defense pins their ears back and we are left with a hurried throw and a wasted play.
Old 09-30-2007   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Bad Coaching...

Whomever blitzed (or called the blitzes) lost the game for us. 3rd down blitzes were easily discovered and anticipated.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #10
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

and now 10 down with a minute to go and you send schaub out there with a limp, for what?
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #11
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Bad coaching, awful defense, boneheaded mistakes, terrible clock management, questionable play calling, penalties, turnovers...

Besides that we looked okay.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #12
TexansFaninNC
Rookie

I found the play calling too conservative. Fourth and 1, QB sneak plain and simple.

Kubiak got outcoached in every facet of the game today and it was sickening. Hopefully they can learn from this disaster.
TexansFaninNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #13
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default I have a question

Can we really say this team is for real after today's loss...I understand we were banged up, but some of the idiotic play calling, bad clock management, and piss poor play on both sides of the ball is inexcusable.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #14
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Biggest problem is we can't run the damn ball to save our lives. Add to that the piss-poor playcalling and we can't do anything.
Are you kidding me? Dayne avg. 10 yards in the first quarters. But Kubiak kept running the play to the right side, like the other team won't freaking catch on. Kubiak must think Petrino is stupid or something.

We got coaches coaching the players, now we need to hire another coach to coach Kubiak and his staff.
Old 09-30-2007   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
Can we really say this team is for real after today's loss...I understand we were banged up, but some of the idiotic play calling, bad clock management, and piss poor play on both sides of the ball is inexcusable.
I thought we should have forced it into AJ and Green more.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #16
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

I honestly never thought we'd be playoff caliber until next year. We have obvious holes but I hope we can make some moves this offseason to shore up both sides of the ball.

The play-calling was god awful today so I hope Kubes can learn from today and make the necessary changes. Hopefully, not playing Ron Dayne will be one of them.
Old 09-30-2007   #17
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

I hate how Kubiak turned it into a FG game. We had a 4 and 1 on the 1 yd. line and we decided to freakin kick it. jeez
Old 09-30-2007   #18
TexansFight
All Pro

We were badly outcoached today. Uh, I am a UT fan as well. This has been an awful weekend of football. Both coaching staffs deserve the blame.
Old 09-30-2007   #19
TexansFaninNC
Rookie

I never want to blame injuries but when you are missing as many players, especially offensive weapons, that hurts. I do think the play calling was much too conservative and Kubiak had no killer instinct. 4th and 1, my god, do a freaking QB sneak for god sakes.

VERY disappointing game but I am not ready to throw in the towel like so many other on the official board were. If they learn from this it only makes them a better team.
TexansFaninNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #20
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Are you kidding me? Dayne avg. 10 yards in the first quarters. But Kubiak kept running the play to the right side, like the other team won't freaking catch on. Kubiak must think Petrino is stupid or something.

We got coaches coaching the players, now we need to hire another coach to coach Kubiak and his staff.
He averaged that much because one play was for 25 yards. Take that out and he'd have run for a 2 yard average, which is what his normal day is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read