Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-29-2007   #1
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The AFC South is Tough to Beat

Six weeks ago, some online columnist ranked the AFC South sixth among the league's eight divisions. He wrote: "The gap between the defending champion Colts and the rest of the division remains huge. Jacksonville will continue to struggle as long as there's potential for a quarterback controversy, and as exciting as Vince Young is, he looks like a one-man gang for Tennessee."

Who could have written such drivel? Uh, that would be me. I'll have some Sweet Baby Ray's on my crow, please.

It's still early in the season, but after three weeks it looks like I was wrong with my assessment...

In Houston, new starting quarterback Matt Schaub and a young defense have Texans fans fired up and thinking their team has a real shot at the first winning record in franchise history. The Texans lost to the Colts at home last Sunday, 30-24, but you wonder if the outcome would have been different if wide receiver Andre Johnson hadn't been sidelined with a knee injury...(cont)

Old 09-29-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The AFC South is Tough to Beat

I've been talking about the AFC South being good for a while this off-season...the media is slow to catch up sometimes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #3
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I'm not going to lie I didn't think the division would be THIS good, but I did think it was going to be a competitive division....definitely not 6th out of 8 though.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

theres another similiar article over on SI.. it has some new quotes from rick smith though

no link sorry
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read