Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-29-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Red River Flop

OU just lost, it looks like Texas is going to lose. So much for a great matchup next weekend.

BTW, if you're a young OU fan and start crying after a loss, you better run to the bathroom before you get caught on TV. Actually, if you're the parent you need to either stop the kid from crying or take him out of the stands. They just caught another young kid with OU painted on his face balling during the postgame show and you know that poor kid is going to be posted all over the internet like the last one was.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Red River Flop

I am working today so cannot view the UT game, but Colt's stats look great.

I have never been a fan of that kid as a QB to take us to a championship. He was more ready than Snead last year, but I thought it was quite obvious who would scale better over four years. I really hate Greg Davis.
Old 09-29-2007   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I am working today so cannot view the UT game, but Colt's stats look great.

I have never been a fan of that kid as a QB to take us to a championship. He was more ready than Snead last year, but I thought it was quite obvious who would scale better over four years. I really hate Greg Davis.
Turnovers are killing the Horns right now. Colt has thrown at least 2 INTs that turned into TDs.
Old 09-29-2007   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

OMG, what did I tell you about that OU crying kid. It JUST happened and it is ALREADY on the internet. Someone just posted this on a UT messageboard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...sAndrew002.jpg
Old 09-29-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Big12 top teams has been pretty disappointing so far...I'm busy watching some SEC ball or in other words....real big time College football....Bama vs Florida State

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anyone comment on McCoy's 3 intreceptions? Were they tips, just bad throws, etc?
Old 09-29-2007   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Can anyone comment on McCoy's 3 intreceptions? Were they tips, just bad throws, etc?
The last one was tipped. One he threw right at a lineman or linebacker who was in close who somehow held on and ran it in for a TD. I think the first one was tipped too however I could be wrong. Regardless, McCoy isn't looking too good. He just grossly overthrew a would be 1st down. That just led to a punt return TD that is happening as I am typing this.
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

And there's another interception...

Defensive end tipped the ball at the line of scrimmage.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

ANOTHER INT. This one was tipped too.
Old 09-29-2007   #10
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-29-2007   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

K-State just ran a punt back 89 yards for a TD.
And K-State just intercepted Texas.
OU & Texas are so overrated !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #12
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Once VY left, Texas went into a little slump. Who is going to be the next great Texas QB? There are probably some playing high school ball right now.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, any chance that the unbeaten Mizzou Tigers be the first team from the North Division in awhile to win the conference ?
Old 09-29-2007   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Once VY left, Texas went into a little slump. Who is going to be the next great Texas QB? There are probably some playing high school ball right now.
VY was a once in a generation type of player in my opinion. Get Greg Davis out of there and we may actually get quality QB prospects rather than marginal ones that fit a frigged up system.

With Fran on the outs, we need new blood at OC to counter their prospective hire and the bump they will get.
Old 09-29-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
With Fran on the outs
Looking that way from what I hear. If he's out, what's the chance of Kubiak
leaving here for his alma mater if the opportunity is presented to him ?
Old 09-29-2007   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
leaving
here for his alma mater if the opportunity is presented to him ?
Absolutely Zero!!

WOW, I thought McCoy was better than what he has shown and OU and Texas were better than what is being proven.

This has been an upset filled week so far.
Old 09-29-2007   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Won't happen this time around. That job will always be there for Kubiak, but the potential payday on a second contract could be huge. In fact I would be surprised if that contract were not re-written this year as Kubiak's people leverage the A&M situation. He signed a five year deal for 10 million, which in my opinion is a steal.
Old 09-29-2007   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so peeved right now. Did you guys now Vegas was handing out money this weekend?I told a group at happy hour yesterday that the UT game was easy money with a 14 1/2 line. UT is overrated and K-state has played them tough traditionally. Too bad I couldn't find anyone to take my cash.
Old 09-29-2007   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets remember that UT is out there with a young O-line. Three of their starters were drafted and they are still learning to gel. I am a HUGE UT fan and I was not expecting a Natl championship run this year. Part of what made UT great the last few years has been solid play from the O-line and the defense. There is a young D and young O-line out there. Also, there was very sloppy play today by the Special teams. you cannot give up 14 points on returns...ever.

That being said Colt also looked pretty bad. He had a ton of passes knocked down. Part of that is due to the Defense getting into his area, but part of it is low passes and staring at your receivers. YKW had this habit, and Mack needs to get Colt to correct it ASAP.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No chance at all. But if Mike Sherman doesn't get an NFL gig, I think he'll be a possibility at A&M.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read