Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Them Days Are Over

So much for doing whatever it takes to help the team win. I wonder how much respect Dunta is going to lose in the locker room once they get wind of this...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5174220.html

Cornerback Dunta Robinson said special teams coach Joe Marciano hasn't contacted him about returning punts this week since Jacoby Jones is out with a separated shoulder. Robinson handled a few punt returns during his career at South Carolina.

"Them days are over with," Robinson said. "I get paid to make tackles and get interceptions. That's it."
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #2
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Them Days Are Over

I don't think it will turn out to be that big of a deal. There's a good reason Joe hasn't asked, and the reason probably is "Them days are over". Dunta's way too important to the D right now to be risking injury on special teams. I hate to think of what would happen if he got injured too.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Just Wynn, baby!
Old 09-29-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah just let Wynn return for them he gets atleast 5 or 10 yards per punt return. Its not worth letting Dunta getting hurt.
Old 09-29-2007   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

If he was Deion good at returning I am sure Marciano and Dunta would agree he should be out there but he isn't an improvement on Wynn so why risk your #1 instead of your #5?
Old 09-29-2007   #6
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

The article's pretty vague. Who knows if Dunta was saying it as a "I'm to good to return punts" or "It's been so long since I've returned punts I'm not gonna be much help." I wish people would stop questioning Dunta as a teammate.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Dunta knows he's not good enough to return in the NFL.
Old 09-29-2007   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stirring the pot huh wonger, Dunta is a professional and will have all kinds of respect in the locker room regardless of what you want to happen. This is a young good team and we have players just waiting to step up. The glass is Half Full and will not empty.
Old 09-29-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Stirring the pot huh wonger, Dunta is a professional and will have all kinds of respect in the locker room regardless of what you want to happen. This is a young good team and we have players just waiting to step up. The glass is Half Full and will not empty.
Put the media as stirring the pot to, because it is not like the full question was put in the article. This has been something I cant stand for a very long time. They only put half of the comments by the person being interviewed and the full questions are not there so it is very easy to take comments out of context.
Old 09-29-2007   #10
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

When Dunta tackles it is worth every penny.

I think it's a non-issue.........

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he meant anything by it........that locker room is pretty united right now, those guys are playing their guts out for each other.
Old 09-29-2007   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
So much for doing whatever it takes to help the team win. I wonder how much respect Dunta is going to lose in the locker room once they get wind of this...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5174220.html

Cornerback Dunta Robinson said special teams coach Joe Marciano hasn't contacted him about returning punts this week since Jacoby Jones is out with a separated shoulder. Robinson handled a few punt returns during his career at South Carolina.

"Them days are over with," Robinson said. "I get paid to make tackles and get interceptions. That's it."
This is a COMPLETE non-story. You can't (I mean in general, not you )question Dunta's toughness because of how hard he hits - which is MUCH harder than most other CBs in the league, despite his slight stature.

Also, it says right there that he 'returned a few punts in college'. ALL fast WRs and CBs handled 'a few punts in college'. Whether in practice or in games. Dexter Wynn constantly practices returning punts and kicks. You're not losing anything by going with Wynn on returns instead of Robinson - who hasn't practiced or returned punts in a game in five years. In fact, you'd be going backwards - especially when you throw in the chances of your BEST defensive back by FAR getting injured - on a team that's already been decimated by injuries. Non-story.

Oh, and yes - what Spec said. The only reason the Chronicle would print that (that I can think of) is to stir the pot. I mean, really - it's a totally insignificant quote, and it seems totally out of place in that article.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #13
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell NO! I don't want to see Dunta injured!
Old 09-29-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm . . let's see now.

14 posts so far, and it's

Wonger 1
Everyone else 13

Wonger has a reputation for barking up the wrong tree.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #15
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I no "wonger" want to see Dunte return kicks.
Old 09-29-2007   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thousands of posts and I still don't know what a wonger is. I just know he needs food.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #17
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
This is a COMPLETE non-story. You can't (I mean in general, not you )question Dunta's toughness because of how hard he hits - which is MUCH harder than most other CBs in the league, despite his slight stature.

Also, it says right there that he 'returned a few punts in college'. ALL fast WRs and CBs handled 'a few punts in college'. Whether in practice or in games. Dexter Wynn constantly practices returning punts and kicks. You're not losing anything by going with Wynn on returns instead of Robinson - who hasn't practiced or returned punts in a game in five years. In fact, you'd be going backwards - especially when you throw in the chances of your BEST defensive back by FAR getting injured - on a team that's already been decimated by injuries. Non-story.

Oh, and yes - what Spec said. The only reason the Chronicle would print that (that I can think of) is to stir the pot. I mean, really - it's a totally insignificant quote, and it seems totally out of place in that article.
That worries me if they are trying to stir the pot.

There is nothing there, it says Marciano never came to Dunta to return punts and then Dunta says he doesn't want to...so why even put this in here unless you're trying to start up something.

We don't need the New York Media down here destroying our teams.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

With all that story-spinning, she should consider changing her name to Megan Hands-full.

And the way it sounds, McClain should be John Mouth-full McClain...
Old 09-29-2007   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would NOT be happy if I saw D-Rob catching a punt with 11 would-be tacklers running full speed at him. That's all this team needs is Robinson carted off on a stretcher.

Besides that, it's like you guys are saying:

D-Rob would not be an improvement at returning anything, anyway.

I heard Schaub was refusing to return kickoffs in Mathis' absence. Geez, what a wimp.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

guys like wonger run to message boards and stir the pot. I don't take anything Megan Manfull writes seriously anyway...she compared Dom Davis to Earl Campbell a few years ago....nuff said.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read