Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 81844 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So who all is not playing on Sunday?

The weapon cubbard is looking pretty bare. As of now it looks like the following players will not be playing Sunday.

Andre Johnson
Jacoby Jones
Jerome Mathis
Ahman Green

Am I missing anyone?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So who all is not playing on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The weapon cubbard is looking pretty bare. As of now it looks like the following players will not be playing Sunday.

Andre Johnson
Jacoby Jones
Jerome Mathis
Ahman Green

Am I missing anyone?
Well I think Mathis is DTD. And I heard somewhere Dayne was a ?
Old 09-28-2007   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

That's the fantasy guys. Kalu has a hand, but practiced.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Quote:
HOUSTON TEXANS at ATLANTA FALCONS — TEXANS: DNP: RB Ahman Green (knee), WR Andre Johnson (knee), WR Jacoby Jones (shoulder). LIMITED: WR Jerome Mathis (foot). FULL: DE Ndukwe Kalu (hand).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...007/4early.htm

FALCONS: OUT: DT Roderick Coleman (knee). DNP: DT Jonathan Babineaux (knee), TE Dwayne Blakley (pectoral), S Chris Crocker (knee), T Todd Weiner (knee). LIMITED: CB DeAngelo Hall (elbow), CB Lewis Sanders (head).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...007/4early.htm
Old 09-28-2007   #4
real

Kalu broke the bones in his hand a while ago. That's not news.

Last edited by real; 09-28-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2007   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis better suck it up and play. The MRI and X-ray were negative. There's no reason he can't play. If it hurts, get a cortisone shot and hit the field.
Old 09-28-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by real View Post
Kalu broke the bones in his hand ina while ago. That's not news.
The question was asked and I answered it with a link ? Just what the heck did I do wrong here ? I'm not Edgar Casey. I do not know this man.

Mathis is a bit of a baby when it comes to injuries. We all know that. The bigger question for me is Walter a legitimate #2. If Andre Davis plays with the wounded fingers and he has a 7/80/ 1 td day, that says to me he is a warrior and he can have the # 4 WR slot for as long as he wants it. Another question will be will they bring up Walker ? If it's no that's a prety damning statement.
Old 09-28-2007   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The question was asked and I answered it with a link ? Just what the heck did I do wrong here ? I'm not Edgar Casey. I do not know this man.
The question was, "who is not playing this sunday"...

Just stating that Kalu has been playing through his broken hand since wk 1...AKA he'll be playing again this week...
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Just stating that Kalu has been playing through his broken hand since wk 1 I believe...
o I go out and drag up the offical list, and somehow I did something wrong ? Sorrry troll go away.
Old 09-28-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just stating that Kalu has been playing through his broken hand since wk 1 I believe...
You're correct. He had a cast put on and came back out and had his "Praying Mantis" sack.
Old 09-28-2007   #10
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks. What's wrong with Lewis Sanders head?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #11
real

Quote:
o I go out and drag up the offical list, and somehow I did something wrong ? Sorrry troll go away.
It wasn't an attack on you. It was more for clarification purposes. You know... for those that may have read your post and thought Kalu might have just injured it, or may not be playing this week.

Sorry to upset you though.
Old 09-28-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Well I think Mathis is DTD. And I heard somewhere Dayne was a ?
AJ and Jacoby are likely not playing.

Mathis and Green are day to day. Both of them have negative MRIs but both have some pain.

I would bet that Green doesn't go. If they dress him, and then he has to leave the game again, then the Texans are going to be thin at RB. And as for Mathis, there's no telling because I don't think the information we are getting is particularly complete.

Ron Dayne is likely to go because he has been practicing.
Old 09-28-2007   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
AJ and Jacoby are likely not playing.

Mathis and Green are day to day. Both of them have negative MRIs but both have some pain.

I would bet that Green doesn't go. If they dress him, and then he has to leave the game again, then the Texans are going to be thin at RB. And as for Mathis, there's no telling because I don't think the information we are getting is particularly complete.

Ron Dayne is likely to go because he has been practicing.
we can win without Green save him for later and allow him to heal.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #14
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to give DD(DW) a call? Is he healthy?
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nfl/
For better or worse, Reggie Bush is going to take over the majority of the carries. Aaron Stecker will get an increased role, as will Pierre Thomas (who I believe will eventually usurp Stecker's role and vulture some carries from Bush). Some feel the team should go with a veteran -- Domanick Williams and Corey Dillon are still waiting to receive a phone call.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I just read somewhere - not sure where because I've been looking around everywhere - but Kalu is out for ATL and will be until the cast comes off. The hand is not healing while he's still practicing and playing.
Old 09-28-2007   #16
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Yeab Green is dtd and is a game time decision I heard. It is probably leaning to him not playing though.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with Mathis. If its just a sore foot he better suck it up, he has a golden oppurtunity to prove he can be more than a returner and he gets hurt.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always felt Mathis likes drawing a paycheck more than he likes playing with a TEAM attitude!! Kris Brown has a BAD foot, but, he gets his butt out there and kicks that damn ball, and kicks it well. ND has been playing with a broken hand, A. Davis will play with a broken finger. He needs to quit whinning and play friggin FOOTBALL!! JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mathis didn't have a history of whining when he thought he was hurt, I might have more sympathy for him.
If ND can play with a broken hand and Andre Davis with a broken finger, then Jerome can play with whatever is wrong with his foot and/or leg.
At the very least he can return kicks. This is such a great opportunity to show everyone he is a real NFL kinda guy. It will be too bad for everyone if he bales.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #19
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, you know - I wasn't really feeling too scared about this game, but it seems like another guy goes down every day. It's gonna ruin my week if they can't pull this one out!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #20
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I just read somewhere - not sure where because I've been looking around everywhere - but Kalu is out for ATL and will be until the cast comes off. The hand is not healing while he's still practicing and playing.
Kubiak stated the last 2 days that the only question marks are Mathis and Green. never heard Kalu mentioned, and his last comment on Kalu was he would play with a cast. Maybe that has changed , I just havent heard anything.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read