Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-28-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coach Fran to STOP selling insider information

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) -- Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione said he has stopped selling inside information on the Aggies in a newsletter to boosters who paid $1,200 per year in subscription fees that helped finance the coach's personal Web site.

About a dozen elite boosters subscribed for the past three years to the e-mail newsletter, called "VIP Connection." It offered Franchione's candid assessments of players and specific injury information, details Franchione routinely declined to discuss publicly because, he would say, it is not "our policy" to disclose injuries.
Quote:
In one newsletter, McKenzie wrote about six players being unavailable to play against Montana State and listed their specific injuries. A seventh player was "iffy" because he had not fully recovered from a mild concussion, according to the newsletter.

McKenzie also wrote about Franchione's assessment of the Aggies' wide receivers.

"Privately, Coach told me last night that Earvin (Taylor) and Pierre (Brown) are very steady but with average speed," McKenzie wrote. "Kerry (Franks) has great speed, but (is) inconsistent in receiving."

"The whole point of it was for them to be informed about the program, straight from the head coach," McKenzie said.

McKenzie referred to "VIP Connection" as "private correspondence between a head coach and the individuals involved."

Franchione, who makes about $2 million per year in a contract that runs through 2011, has offered refunds to the subscribers, McKenzie said.
Wonder how long till the NCAA gets invovled?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coach Fran to STOP selling insider information

What an *****. I want him gone.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not the coach. It's the tallent. Gotta recruit. As much love as there is for that school, you'd think they'd do better.

Bunch of twelveth man guys, I see nothing wrong with the news letter.... So are you saying one of the Holy 12 was tipping the info ? I find that hard to believe. Smells like a doggie pile to me.

Get a dog down, kick him.
Old 09-28-2007   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
It's not the coach. It's the tallent. Gotta recruit. As much love as there is for that school, you'd think they'd do better.

Bunch of twelveth man guys, I see nothing wrong with the news letter.... So are you saying one of the Holy 12 was tipping the info ? I find that hard to believe. Smells like a doggie pile to me.

Get a dog down, kick him.
What are you talking about?

Fran was giving inside information about injuries and players to a small number of people who paid big money for it. The money did NOT go to the university but directly to Fran.

I'm willing to bet all you read were the quotes and not the article.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 09-28-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That is one dumb aggie.

I'm a UT fan, but I feel sorry for the aggs. I hope they get that program turned around so we can turn this state back to the power house it used to be. It's embarrassing for the entire state watching them get blown out of the water on national TV time and time again.

They definitely need a new coach, somebody that can bring respect back to that once proud program. (plus, I'm tired of watching all our instate blue chippers walk up north to OU)

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-29-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #6
1337texanfan
Rookie

just have to wonder if any other teams had access to this information.
Old 09-29-2007   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Supposedly" there were a dozen Aggy big wig supporters who were contributing $1,200.00/year to Coach Fran by buying his letter. The money was for the support of his website. Non-profit stuff and money given to charities etc. MIGHT have been all on the up & up, but it was totally stupid because it gives the apperance of not being on the up&up especialy as it was a secret sort of deal. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2007   #8
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

What a boob. I'm no fan of the Aggies, but this a-hole put the program in jeopardy to line his own pocket. This info can definitely be used for gambling purposes, although Fran made them "sign something" so they wouldn't do that. *****!

Fran is definitely gone this year, if not fired before the end of the season.
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard an insider rumor that there is a press conference at 4...maybe fran stepping down...or explaining this.
Old 10-01-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Frank Beamer has been doing something similar for a while - although Beamer sells his for $39.95...

Quote:
Other college coaches have personal Web sites.

Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer offers a "Coach's Club" membership for $39.95 per year that promises "the best, up-to-date, daily practice and injury reports straight from Coach Beamer, right off the practice fields."
Old 10-01-2007   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Frank Beamer has been doing something similar for a while - although Beamer sells his for $39.95...
I think it is shady but I'm sure it has been going on. I think Fran is ready to leave another school in disarray and run.
Old 10-01-2007   #12
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think it is shady but I'm sure it has been going on. I think Fran is ready to leave another school in disarray and run.
The only disarray is Francis, his leaving would right the ship
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Oh, I agree. I didn't mean for the tone of my post to sound accepting of it..

I want Fran out of College Station, in tact,..... in disarray - just GONE!!!
Old 10-01-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Oh, I agree. I didn't mean for the tone of my post to sound accepting of it..

I want Fran out of College Station, in tact,..... in disarray - just GONE!!!
Oh, I know, I was just commenting since I hadn't yet. Most of my Aggie friends feel the same way. Just not getting it done and too many close calls.
Old 10-01-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

R.C. Slocum thinks Fran has to go....
Old 10-01-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Friend just sent a group e-mail

http://www.fanblogs.com/texas_am/007185.php

Quote:
Despite what you may hear on a certain AM talk radio station in Oklahoma, Texas A&M Head Coach Dennis Franchione will not be resigning as the Aggies coach today at 4pm.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read