Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-28-2007   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Madden Curse? What about Nike curse?

Is the Madden curse on LT this year or VY? LT said no to madden, but many argue that the curse will follow him anyway. VY is having a pretty good year.

What about the Nike curse?

Vick - Nothing needs to be said
LT - bad year
Steven Jackson - bad year
Shawn Merriman - bad year
Old 09-28-2007   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Madden Curse? What about Nike curse?

How bout we put the entire Dolts team on the next Madden cover while Pey-Me-A-Ton and Marvin give us some new Nike's Im as sick of Manning as the next guy but I'd really like to see him on the cover of Madden ..... Just for the Curse .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get the tie-in to LT. He's not on the cover of Madden. The curse is supposed to be about the cover, not the offer.
Old 09-28-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't get the tie-in to LT. He's not on the cover of Madden. The curse is supposed to be about the cover, not the offer.
The tie-in is the fact that the Chargers blow this season and LT isn't getting numbers that an MVP should.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The tie-in is the fact that the Chargers blow this season and LT isn't getting numbers that an MVP should.
That has more to do with Norv Turner and a massive coaching turnover than some mythical video game cover.
Old 09-28-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That has more to do with Norv Turner and a massive coaching turnover than some mythical video game cover.
Of course.... but to the superstitious folk, it has nothing to do with that.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. Turner is a horrible head coach.

He looks like a freaking psychopath in his interviews too.
Old 09-28-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Is the Madden curse on LT this year or VY? LT said no to madden, but many argue that the curse will follow him anyway. VY is having a pretty good year.

What about the Nike curse?

Vick - Nothing needs to be said
LT - bad year
Steven Jackson - bad year
Shawn Merriman - bad year
I hadn't thought of that at all but its spot on. All 3 guys in the new interlinked Nike spot are having subpar years and I wonder if Vick was to be the 4th guy. I bet they had a Vick version they were working on. Brady wears Nike but Vick would have been a better subject for those commercials.

whatever shoe Favre wears would be the least-cursed of any. That guy is a freak of nature. I may even shed a real tear of sadness the day he hangs up his cleats regardless of the brand. Just the epitome of what is right with professional sports. Blessed. Flawed. Beloved. Hated. Honest to a fault. Total and unequivocal love for his craft and the game.

I just hope Peyton doesn't stick around as long as Favre is. I am sure Viking, Lion, and Bear fan can't stand the guy after seeing him rip their hearts out every year through 2 decades. I know I am already sick of seeing Peyton's prodigious melon parade out of the locker room 2 times a year v. the Texans..go away We Give. Uncle. Mercy. plz Retire.
Old 09-28-2007   #9
primadox
GEAUX TIGERS!!

Send a message via Yahoo to primadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Pey-Me-A-Ton
Now THAT's funny!!! I've never heard that one before!!!
Old 09-28-2007   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by primadox View Post
Now THAT's funny!!! I've never heard that one before!!!
Thats been my name for the guy ever since he signed that last contract which until recently had crippled the Dolts defense by taking up some much cap space .

Old 09-28-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Thats been my name for the guy ever since he signed that last contract which until recently had crippled the Dolts defense by taking up some much cap space .
I'm sure the Colts and their fans are truly upset about it too.
Old 09-28-2007   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm sure the Colts and their fans are truly upset about it too.
Im sure Dolts fan didnt particularly like it until they got past the Pats and won the superbowl last season. Until the play-offs their defense was a total liability .

Old 09-28-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I know I am already sick of seeing Peyton's prodigious melon parade out of the locker room 2 times a year v. the Texans..go away We Give. Uncle. Mercy. plz Retire.
It just makes beating him that much sweeter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read