Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2007   #21
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chronicle article on DeMarcus Faggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'd rather Faggins give an 8 yd cushion then get beat deep over & over again.
You beat me to it. When you match up against the likes of Smith and Harrison, you pretty much have to pick your poison.

I don't blame either Faggins or Hoke at all for playing them the way he did.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #22
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You beat me to it. When you match up against the likes of Smith and Harrison, you pretty much have to pick your poison.

I don't blame either Faggins or Hoke at all for playing them the way he did.
I agree - I'm not sure that he or Hoke had a choice because either Kubiak or Richard Smith chose coverage over being blitz-heavy (which I didn't like, personally), and that's about the best that could be done with that choice.

To allow Harrison only 53 yards and no TDs was about the best anyone could come away with, IMO.
Old 09-28-2007   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, it also looks like to me that we were trying to make the Colts work for the points. We would not allow them the deep ball.

Screw up our yardage number, but I guess it was one way to defend the Colts. I hate to see Peyton get into a rythm though.

But overall, I think it was a very decent game plan.
Our defense missed a tackle here and there that would have stopped them on 3rd down, or put them in 3rd and long.
It wasn't by much. Addai for one, is a very quick cat.
He done us much damage.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yes, it also looks like to me that we were trying to make the Colts work for the points. We would not allow them the deep ball.

Screw up our yardage number, but I guess it was one way to defend the Colts. I hate to see Peyton get into a rythm though.

But overall, I think it was a very decent game plan.
Our defense missed a tackle here and there that would have stopped them on 3rd down, or put them in 3rd and long.
It wasn't by much. Addai for one, is a very quick cat.
He done us much damage.
Take away the two INT's by Schaub which cost the Texans points and the Dolts turned into 10 points and the outcome is likely different .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read