Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2007   #1
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston/Atlanta (odds & ends)

The Texans are favored by 3. O/U 39.
This is the first time EVER that the Texans have been favored on the road.

It is only the 13th time the Texans have been favored in any game, all of the previous 12 at home of course, where the Texans are 6-6 in those games.

Atlanta is currently riding a 6 game losing streak and a 5 game home losing streak. Their last home win was Oct. 22, 2006 vs. Pittsburgh. They were 3 point 'dogs in that game.

Atlanta is 1-4 in their last 5 home games where they were the 'dog, dating back to Oct. '05.

Houston has won the only head-to-head meeting, a 17-13 win in 2003 at Reliant. The Texans were favored by 3 in that game.

The Texans are 3-2 vs. the NFC south. Carolina twice and Atlanta once are the 3 wins.

Atlanta is 1-4 vs. AFC south. Their only win against Jacksonville in '03.

Houston is 3-2 in their last 5 road games.

The Texans have NEVER won on the road, indoors (0-7). Of course, 5 of those 7 losses are in the RCA Dome. The other 2, Saints in '03, Lions in '04.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston/Atlanta (odds & ends)

Interesting stats.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Interesting stats.

I fully expect the Texans to win, even with our injuries...but it's funny you say this. Because I have a bad/weird feeling about this game too. I hope it turns out to be nothing.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #4
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Interesting stats.

aggreed on the stats....feelin pretty good about the game
Old 09-27-2007   #5
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I fully expect the Texans to win, even with our injuries...but it's funny you say this. Because I have a bad/weird feeling about this game too. I hope it turns out to be nothing.
Sounds like you have a case of the "usetabee's"
hopefully it will pass in a few days...Like 2 days 13 min....
Old 09-27-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting stats.

I have a bad feeling about every game.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The good news is: When I have a good feeling about a game, the Texans almost always lose.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2007   #8
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Their last home win was Oct. 22, 2006 vs. Pittsburgh. They were 3 point 'dogs in that game.
IonSen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #9
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

"They were 3 point 'dogs in that game"

Yes. And Harrington is playing alright. The WR's and TE position are not too shabby. Norwood and Dunn are a decent running back tandem. Home field advantage. John Abraham, DeAngelo Hall, etc. etc. etc. Any given Sunday and all that rot.

I still think we'll win.

We're sketchy on the WR side, relying on Ron "DriveThruLane" Dayne at the RB spot, and just lost our starting center. Petey Faggins has been exposed (call it scheme, talent, whatever) more than Pee Wee Herman at an adult movie theater. Oh, and our safeties take more bad angles than the National Enquirer front page....

Schaub will move the ball down the field. We'll feed Ronnie the ball enough to get him in rythmn. He'll do enough damage simply falling on your d-linemen to break their spirits. Atlanta will think that they can put a LB on Daniels and he'll catch passes as a result. The defense will bend but not break. Mario and the Nigerian Nightmares will cause Harrington to make a couple of plays that will make the Georgia Dome go "WTF!?!?!?" and we'll go 3-1.

Houston wins 21-17 in a good game. Hopefully we all go home injury free and both teams can go on about the business of slaying giants within their respective divisions.

Hey, IonSen88 - you guys thinking Brian Brohm or McFadden next year? No insult intended, just wasn't sure what the scuttlebutt was.
Old 09-27-2007   #10
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Hey, IonSen88 - you guys thinking Brian Brohm or McFadden next year? No insult intended, just wasn't sure what the scuttlebutt was.
Yes, I am thinking Brian Brohm and a big fat LT.
IonSen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #11
TyrantTexan
Rookie

If we lose.... !!!!!

Schaub to Davis ALL DAY with D. Hall.......

TyrantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa, it's hard to believe in our SIXTH season that we've never been favored on the road. That's... sad.

We weren't favored in Oakland last season?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Whoa, it's hard to believe in our SIXTH season that we've never been favored on the road. That's... sad.

We weren't favored in Oakland last season?
The Raiders had an awesome pass D, and judging by the statistical outcome of the game (other than the points total), I would have picked them too. Negative passing yards.....
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #14
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Sounds like you have a case of the "usetabee's"
hopefully it will pass in a few days...Like 2 days 13 min....

EXACTLY!!!! This team is learning how to win and this is another step up that ladder. GO TEXANS
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a pass into the locker room, but based on their play in Carolina when they were down, and they way they played against the SB Champs last wek with 2nd teamers, I believe it is a safe bet to say these are not the previous years Texans.

More talent, better coaching, and IMO, they're learning how to win.
Old 09-28-2007   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll be 4-1 going into the Jacksonville game, so I feel pretty good about this one.

And off topic (sorry)...Speedy, I just noticed your Gamblers avator for some reason. I sill have my Gamblers baseball cap, some game brochures and ticket stubs from the Gamblers. Actually I still have some tickets that were never used. I don't know why I hang on to them, but I do.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i'm think the d'line is going to have an outstanding blue-star type of game. like a snowball rolling down a mountain building itself up. and amobi has something to prove, so i look for him to step it up.

joey harrington is who we thought he was. one game does not the quarterback make. a career of poor performances though...does.
Like the vaunted Carolina Dline did last week?

This game's like a snake hidden in the grass. They're just waiting to strike.

Old 09-28-2007   #18
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone have information on Crumpler's status for the game? On Atlanta's site he's listed like this:

Alge Crumpler (team decision) Limited Participation in Practice (on Thurs)

The other Atlanta players on the report (including Hall with an elbow issue) have what's ailing them listed after their name. Crumpler just has "team decision". Is the team going to get together and vote on what's ailing him? ha ha

I smell a rat. Maybe trying to pull one on the Texans' planning.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we take them seriously. They are a good team, whether or not they have any wins at this point.
Old 09-28-2007   #20
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I hope we take them seriously. They are a good team, whether or not they have any wins at this point.
I agree. It won't be a walk in the park especially without a lot of our O weapons. Course that said, I hope they implode like another team in their division, the Saints.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read