Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-27-2007   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 60 MINUTES: VY W(h)ining About not Being the Big Cheese

What is going on with all these primadonas coming out of the 2006 Draft?? Just what I would want to hear coming from our team leader. Maybe, we should request a debate on Prime Time between VY and RB??..............or better yet, maybe we could arrange for the same on the WWF network.

Quote:
Vince Young should be busy concentrating on taking the Tennessee Titans back to the playoffs, instead he's still pining away for an individual award he will never win.

Young will appear in an interview with Scott Pelley on Sunday on "60 Minutes" to air his grievances about not winning the 2005 Heisman Trophy.

Still angry and insistent he is the better football player, Young tells Pelley that he deserved the award, among other things.

"I was angry about that situation, not bringing (the Heisman) back," Young said. "And I wanted to show the world that I was the real Heisman Trophy winner. But on paper, Reggie Bush is the Heisman Trophy winner. (I am) not taking nothing from him, he knows he's a phenomenal athlete."

Young didn't stop at saying he deserved the Heisman.

"I always feel like I'm better. Always," Young said when asked if he thinks he's better than Bush.

Last year, Young set the rookie quarterback record for rushing with 552 yards and led Tennessee to an 8-8 record, but missed a chance to take the team to the playoffs for the first time since 2003. After helping to turn the team around, Young has set his sights on getting the Titans to the postseason.

"I want to say, you know, I'm not trying to predict it right now, but how we're looking right now, we have a big shot at the playoffs," Young said.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 60 MINUTES: VY W(h)ining About not Being the Big Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What is going on with all these primadonas coming out of the 2006 Draft?? Just what I would want to hear coming from our team leader. Maybe, we should request a debate on Prime Time between VY and RB??..............or better yet, maybe we could arrange for the same on the WWF network.
His complaint should be with the USC defense.

They stunk it up against Fresno State and others, and he got lots of opportunities to be on the field.

VY was handing the ball off in the third quarter of a lot of games because they were already so outta hand.

Eh, he's just answering the questions that are asked in a truthful manner. I actually prefer athletes to say what they think instead of the blah blah blah answer. Unless, of course, they are on the team I root for, and then I don't want them to be a distraction.
Old 09-27-2007   #3
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep... yall are pathetic.

Oh and how is this whining exactly... he explains how he felt when he didn't win it. As TC said, he was answering the question...

Quote:
Young admitted he was angry about not winning the Heisman Trophy in his final season at the University of Texas. The award went to Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush, now with the New Orleans Saints. “I was angry about that situation, not bringing [the Heisman] back,” Young said. “And I wanted to show the world that I was the real Heisman Trophy winner. But on paper, Reggie Bush is the Heisman Trophy winner. I [am] not taking nothing from him, he knows he's a phenomenal athlete. … I always feel like I'm better. Always.”

Last edited by Bulluck53; 09-27-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #4
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

Oh and how is this whining exactly... he explains how he felt when he didn't win it. As TC said, he was answering the question...
He could just say "I've got more important things to do now, like winning a Lombardi for my team."

He's doing great, as Boston would say, "Don't Look Back"
Old 09-28-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This would be way to easy to pick on "his highness" AND Bulluck.. So I will just leave it alone.
Old 09-28-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

VY might be behaving in an unseemly manner, but I still totally agree with him because he was ripped-off. VY was the leading candidate for the Heisman until Bush had a very good game as a member of a very formidable offense against a very JUCO level defense and his highlights from the game were run nonstop, coast-to-coast for weeks and even months by one of his primary corporate benefactors, ESPN, in a very successful campaign to influence voting among those selecting the Heisman winner.
I take it this is on the upcoming 60 Minutes program this Sunday, and I'm looking forward to it ? Maybe "60" will do some real investigative reporting and
give us a real story about the link between corporate sponsers and their interest and zeal in being advocates for celebrity-jocks, including those who are less that steller performers as pro athletes.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Peyton Manning have a similar reaction when he did not win the Heisman?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2007   #8
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The thread title gave me a bit of a laugh.

I move we begin to call anyone who continues to bring up passing up Young in the 2005 draft a "VYner". Pronounced 'V-Whiner"
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
The thread title gave me a bit of a laugh.

I move we begin to call anyone who continues to bring up passing up Young in the 2005 draft a "VYner". Pronounced 'V-Whiner"
Nice... Tried to rep ya, but "you must spread yada yada......"
Old 09-28-2007   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
His complaint should be with the USC defense.

They stunk it up against Fresno State and others, and he got lots of opportunities to be on the field.

VY was handing the ball off in the third quarter of a lot of games because they were already so outta hand.

Eh, he's just answering the questions that are asked in a truthful manner. I actually prefer athletes to say what they think instead of the blah blah blah answer. Unless, of course, they are on the team I root for, and then I don't want them to be a distraction.
Completely agree.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
No, but he was still allergic to winning big games at that stage in his career as well.
Old 09-28-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Joe Montana is still upset that he wasn't the first overall pick in his draft.

His quote: "I mean, come on, I'm Joe freaking Montana!"
Old 09-28-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

I just love how he stated things. He makes every person who ever went to UT for an education all say collectively, OMG shut the F up your making my degree worthless.
Old 09-28-2007   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I just love how he stated things. He makes every person who ever went to UT for an education all say collectively, OMG shut the F up your making my degree worthless.
If they were worried about their degree having some value, why did they go to UT to begin with?

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If they were worried about their degree having some value, why did they go to UT to begin with?

ROFLMAO

Sad, but true.
Old 09-28-2007   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Eh. VY has a point--he technically should've won. He was the more valuable player that year and he had a vital role in a thrilling national championship victory.

His detractors also have a point--he should probably let it go already. If there's anything more obnoxious than the onslaught of Reggie Bush commercials, it's another guy saying, hey that should be me instead. I keep hearing that VY is such a team guy but, JMO, a true "team guy" should be careful about making public appearances to endorse his qualifications for an individual award. Sort of looks like your focus is somewhere else.

But I'd have to see this interview for myself--they may just be blowing it out of context. And like TC said, can't fault the guy for giving honest answers to questions when asked.
Old 09-28-2007   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
And like TC said, can't fault the guy for giving honest answers to questions when asked.
Have to disagree and agree with you a bit. A leader can be honest but change the focus as you mentioned to something less individual. A QB like Carr got asked questions all the time about the OL. An honest answer (at least from his perspective--not meant to provoke an OL v. Carr debate) might be we would win some games if my OL didn't play like crud or the coaches would do something one of these years to fix the OL, etc. but that wouldn't be the best thing for the team. That's why you see so many trite sayings from athletes--they are trying to be honest without being too honest.
Old 09-28-2007   #18
real

I think that is totally different than asking someone about something that happened in college.

Questions about a 2005 college award vs. dogging your current teammates

I just don't think it's the same thing...JMO...I doubt his Titan teammates even care...not even Lendale...
Old 09-28-2007   #19
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nice... Tried to rep ya, but "you must spread yada yada......"
Took care of it for ya Bill.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #20
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree he shouldn't have said anything but its getting blown out of proportion, like everything else he does (including his play).

But do you seriously expect him to say "no comment?"
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read