Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2007   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mathis???

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
So you are posting that MS will have a 300 yard day
No--just saying he is used to working with "subpar" talent and making it work. He isn't used to having an AJ--that's a luxury not a requirement.

Quote:
Hmm interesting. I'll agree that MS...in the pocket, with guys he's worked with befor, given time, is an excellent QB.
Worked with before? Sure some, but Vick certainly got most of the 1st team reps. Schaub has been working with Walter and Davis isn't a street pickup to the team.

Quote:
But....not whining here, to expect him to go lights out with out a running game, with out familuar targets, is a bit of a reach.
Wasn't referring to you whining but the kind of QB that would mail it in on the excuse of not having one of his normal starting WR's. You are assuming we will not have a running game (Atlanta has been giving up 144 per game) and IMO overstating how unfamiliar he is with the WR's (he has had a bunch of voluntary extra practice time with the WR's here). In any event, the point isn't he wouldn't go lights out, but he wouldn't as you asserted be handcuffed.
Old 09-28-2007   #42
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

O.K. 250 ? will you post that MS will have a 250 yard game ? With out the threat of a rush Kubiack's offense is a dead duck. They can't run the passing game with out the rush. And now, and I'm guessing here just by this coaches past desicions, we'll have flannery in the heart of the line where he was befor. I don't see him starting White do you ? And I don't see flannery's legs rested or not being any better than they were last year. Got guys running timing routes with limited targets with the live bullets flying, and you're posting that MS will ride his white horse in and save the day ? Is this correct ? the only thing that will save this game for them is if the d-line pummels the falcon's QB's. And if we're lucky, we'll get 'em all to the side lines. That will make the falcons as one demensional as we will be.
Old 09-28-2007   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
O.K. 250 ? will you post that MS will have a 250 yard game ?
I don't give a crud about specific numbers Mr. doom and gloom. I've made my point--Schaub is not dead without AJ or even a running game. Ummm, let me remember when this last happened, God it was so long ago--oh yeah, last week--82%, 236 yds, 40 yds rushing.

Quote:
With out the threat of a rush Kubiack's offense is a dead duck. They can't run the passing game with out the rush.
Oh, I forgot--the doom and gloom eight ball knows for a certainty they won't be able to rush.

Quote:
And I don't see flannery's legs rested or not being any better than they were last year.
Yeah lord knows Flanigan's legs can't be fresh since he hasn't been getting beat up the last three weeks.

Quote:
you're posting that MS will ride his white horse in and save the day ? Is this correct ?
You're the one making extreme predictions about handcuffs. All I am saying is Schaub can still have a good day and play his role.
Old 09-28-2007   #44
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not saying MS is not going to go into Atlanta and not give everything he's got. What I'm saying is he has a large load to tote. If they go on the road and blow the Falcons out, then he is an elite QB. But if he doesn't, doesn't mean I want to throw him out with the saturday's night bath water. Need to keep the expectations low this week. This thingy is not a lock. They gotta figure the WR's out. They gotta figgure whether they are going two TE's and bang them and keep it close. They gotta figure how to bottle up the big WRs and the scat back and the TE....just saying they got a lot on their plates this week to figure out.
Old 09-28-2007   #45
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying MS is not going to go into Atlanta and not give everything he's got. What I'm saying is he has a large load to tote. If they go on the road and blow the Falcons out, then he is an elite QB. But if he doesn't, doesn't mean I want to throw him out with the saturday's night bath water. Need to keep the expectations low this week. This thingy is not a lock. They gotta figure the WR's out. They gotta figgure whether they are going two TE's and bang them and keep it close. They gotta figure how to bottle up the big WRs and the scat back and the TE....just saying they got a lot on their plates this week to figure out.
Umm...ok.

Crazy I say, just crazy.
Old 09-28-2007   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't I read in one of the tailgate threads that Haywood Jeffries was hanging out at one of them?? With the way our receivers are going down, it might be time to get someone on board.
Old 09-28-2007   #47
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 138918 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
O.K. 250 ? will you post that MS will have a 250 yard game ? With out the threat of a rush Kubiack's offense is a dead duck. They can't run the passing game with out the rush. And now, and I'm guessing here just by this coaches past desicions, we'll have flannery in the heart of the line where he was befor. I don't see him starting White do you ? And I don't see flannery's legs rested or not being any better than they were last year. Got guys running timing routes with limited targets with the live bullets flying, and you're posting that MS will ride his white horse in and save the day ? Is this correct ? the only thing that will save this game for them is if the d-line pummels the falcon's QB's. And if we're lucky, we'll get 'em all to the side lines. That will make the falcons as one demensional as we will be.
Really, what happened LAST week then? We were far from spectacular, but they weren't as abysmal as you're ofereing. Personally, I'd rather the Falcons come in with a win under their belt (less pressure to get Win #1), but you play 'em as they're dealt.

I'm still more worried about our suspect secondary than our Offensive attack.
Old 09-28-2007   #48
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't give a crud about specific numbers Mr. doom and gloom. I've made my point--Schaub is not dead without AJ or even a running game. Ummm, let me remember when this last happened, God it was so long ago--oh yeah, last week--82%, 236 yds, 40 yds rushing.

Oh, I forgot--the doom and gloom eight ball knows for a certainty they won't be able to rush.

Yeah lord knows Flanigan's legs can't be fresh since he hasn't been getting beat up the last three weeks.

You're the one making extreme predictions about handcuffs. All I am saying is Schaub can still have a good day and play his role.
The only thing extreme is your expecttions of how three young WRs will preform under fire with very few targets between them. I stand on Flannery's past production. That my friend is a fact. His '06 production. only thing extreme is your expectations. I'm certainly not extreme
in projecting the rushing attack will not be there if he can't preform. MS has too many peice missing to expect him to throw us to a victory. If that's what the game plan is we're fresh meat for sure.
Old 09-28-2007   #49
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Didn't I read in one of the tailgate threads that Haywood Jeffries was hanging out at one of them?? With the way our receivers are going down, it might be time to get someone on board.
He and Ernest "Electric Slide" Givens will do the trick.
Old 09-28-2007   #50
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Umm...ok.

Crazy I say, just crazy.
Well bring a little more than a one line character blast there grass hopper. Put something up and you too can dazzel us ? All you got is BS. I knjow what I know. You ain't got nothing. Go let Collingsworth expailn it to ya short stack.
Old 09-28-2007   #51
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Well bring a little more than a one line character blast there grass hopper. Put something up and you too can dazzel us ? All you got is BS. I knjow what I know. You ain't got nothing. Go let Collingsworth expailn it to ya short stack.
Old 09-28-2007   #52
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
What I figguered there short stack.
Old 09-28-2007   #53
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
What I figguered there short stack.
Old 09-28-2007   #54
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With out the threat of a rush Kubiack's offense is a dead duck. They can't run the passing game with out the rush.
Yeah, last weekend against the Colts was proof of that. Although, I do believe if we could have run the ball against the Colts we very well could have won that game.

Oh, and BTW who is Flannery?
Old 09-28-2007   #55
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Yeah, last weekend against the Colts was proof of that. Although, I do believe if we could have run the ball against the Colts we very well could have won that game.

Oh, and BTW who is Flannery?
Flanagan and Chris White's love child.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #56
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking that we need to hit Davis early, build a lead and run the hell outta the football the rest of the day.

Let Matt pass with some dink and dunk when need be.
Old 09-28-2007   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only thing extreme is your expecttions of how three young WRs will preform under fire with very few targets between them. I stand on Flannery's past production. That my friend is a fact. His '06 production. only thing extreme is your expectations. I'm certainly not extreme
in projecting the rushing attack will not be there if he can't preform. MS has too many peice missing to expect him to throw us to a victory. If that's what the game plan is we're fresh meat for sure.
I agree with certain facts that you brought up. However, IMO, we have enough weapons to beat a Falcon team that lack depth, especially on both lines. I think MS will have enough time on several occasions to deliver the goods. He doesn't have to be great, just to make good decisions, and stay patient, 'cause the Falcons will run out of steam in the second half, as they've been doing so far, due to lack of depth.

We could use Mathis, but if he can't go, I think we will probably bring in another guy (maybe Keenan). Dexter Wynn was solid for us last year in the return game, we should be OK.

We don't have Green (well, we didn't have him last year), but I'm quite confident that we can run at Babineaux and Anderson.
We might not even have to run that much, since we've been utilizing our backs out of the backfield a lot.
And the TEs too. We can compensate for the loss of AJ and Jacoby with these guys more involved. I mentioned in one post that Putzier and Owens line up as outside receivers on certain play, and sometimes Sherman even runs a 3-TE set.

I fully expect us to win this game, with defense if need be.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3704

(on the injury report) “The only questions for our team, I would say, are going to be (RB) Ahman (Green) and (WR) Jerome (Mathis). The bottom line is those guys have not practices so it does not look good for either one of them, but they will be game time decisions. I would think that right now, Ahman would have more of a chance of possible playing then Jerome Mathis.”

Expect no Mathis.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #59
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Count me in your corner on this one, Pete.

I know what you're really worried about. You're worried that if we do lose to the Falcons, people will mysteriously forget about all the injuries, and the lack of pieces, the suspect secondary, and all that . . .

. . . and instead, they'll just throw all the blame at Schaub, right?

Sad to say this, but I think you have good reason to worry.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #60
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Man, I hope Mathis is ready to go week 5!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read