Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-27-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Bullpen: No more middle fingers

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone on here does it. But if you're a Bullpen member, please stop flipping off kicks. It gives us a bad rep IMHO, and further, the Texans have sent this:

Quote:
We appreciate your support of the team. We truly benefit from the Home Field Advantage. And while we encourage tradition, it has come to our attention that some crude gestures are being displayed when the opposing team is kicking a field goal and PAT. In addition, we have heard numerous complaints about profanity throughout the game. This can be offensive to other fans and it does not show our great Texans hospitality.

This is just a reminder that this behavior violates the fan code of conduct and could lead to eviction from the stadium and potential revoking of your tickets.

Although we encourage you to have a good time, please remember that this is a family atmosphere. Should you witness any of this behavior please report it to the Gameday Service Hotline at 832-667-1400.
If you would like to show your disgust at the other team's field goal or PAT, join us by turning around (and yes, we all cheat and watch it on the jumbo tron).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 09-27-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bullpen: No more middle fingers

ahhh man. They take all the fun out of the game lol j/k
Old 09-27-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was just saying "we're number 1".
Old 09-27-2007   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone on here does it. But if you're a Bullpen member, please stop flipping off kicks. It gives us a bad rep IMHO, and further, the Texans have sent this:
Just curious, who did it get sent to?
Old 09-27-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Bullpen: No more middle fingers

A complete guess? Bullpen members that the FO happens to have e-mail addys for?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-27-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A complete guess? Bullpen members that the FO happens to have e-mail addys for?
Reply back and tell them it was the corporate seats that get ebay each week.
Old 09-27-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just checked my email I got it too. I guess it is to all Bullpen folks. I made a suggestion as well. I'm not sure if anyone has been to bullpen pub but they do have some decent beers there. One of the only places I've seen the big bottled shiner's. Only problem I'd had with it is I don't carry cash. I requested they put in a credit/debit card machine.
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2007   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Bullpen: No more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Reply back and tell them it was the corporate seats that get ebay each week.
LMAO, sadly, it's not. It's the same people every week. And when you tell them not to do it, they look at you like you're dumb.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-27-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Okay there Dandy Don.... Classic line!
Old 09-27-2007   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Nice one.

Happy Birthday Double Barrel

we need a happy birthday smilie
Old 09-27-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, man. I greatly appreciated the kind words.
Old 09-27-2007   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Thanks, man. I greatly appreciated the kind words.
no problem. Seems like you should be out celebrating, or hell atleast drinking a cold one and watching THEM bounce
Old 09-27-2007   #13
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
LMAO, sadly, it's not. It's the same people every week. And when you tell them not to do it, they look at you like you're dumb.
Sucks there are people out there who don't understand that not all things are good to do in public. I would rather the stadium be a place families can go to.
Old 09-27-2007   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, got that wonderful note too....

No more Profanity, huh? What the %$&*#$ am I supposed to yell at them to get their @!*& together then?

I can't wait till they ask us all to sit down (if asked) next...
Old 09-27-2007   #15
jaybird
Veteran

No profanity at a football game? Wow... get real.. I try not to curse if there are kids around, but give me a break.

In terms of the bird... I can understand that. No need for that at a FG or PAT. Anyone see the pictures from the Browns vs Bengals game after Johnson jumped into the crowd? There's like 5 or 6 fans in the Dawg pound flipping him off! It's awesome
Old 09-27-2007   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get one and I know they have my e-mail addy.

Maybe they know I am too nice to do that.

I fought this battle a couple years ago and lost. I really can't believe there are people out there that think it is a "cool" thing to do. At first I was mad, because I didn't want my children picking up bad habits but I finally have taught them that this is a classic example of why to stay in school.

I hope the Texans really do something about it, for the younger kids sake.
Old 09-27-2007   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

guess y'all need to hoist the "KEYE sucks" banner instead.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #18
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the Texans take on it, but can you imagine if Al Davis sent that to the Black Hole or whomever runs the Eagles to send that to thier fans....Now I am sure they would get emails back with photo's of them flipping them off....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #19
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I agree with the bird thing! When I was Bullpen season ticket holder I thought it was childish and was surprised at who was doing it.
Then one day I was at home watching and I could see it on tv, mainly cause they show the Bullpen alot and I thought man we look like white trash low life scum doing that! Not even the Black Hole or Dawg Pound stoops that low!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #20
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Yea I agree with the bird thing! When I was Bullpen season ticket holder I thought it was childish and was surprised at who was doing it.
Then one day I was at home watching and I could see it on tv, mainly cause they show the Bullpen alot and I thought man we look like white trash low life scum doing that! Not even the Black Hole or Dawg Pound stoops that low!
Did not know you can see it on tv...wow. As for the people in Oakland and Philly, I should have stated that I do not know if they do that, but to be told that, I am sure those fans would send a nice return email...As much as I dislike the Eagles and thier fans, I have to admit, they are quite possibly the most passionate fans there are.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read