Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-27-2007   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Delhomme not Practicing

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3039299

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Jake Delhomme missed practice again Thursday with a strained right elbow, making it more likely backup David Carr will start at quarterback for Carolina on Sunday against Tampa Bay.

Panthers coach John Fox, always secretive with injuries, sidestepped a question on whether Delhomme tried to throw.

"He did not participate [in practice]," Fox said. "That's all .. I've got to say and that's all I'm going to say. You know that."
Old 09-27-2007   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Delhomme not Practicing

ON NFL Network last night(I think it was Adam Schefter) that said he will not try and practice until Friday and will see from that point.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

was that the sound of tampa clinching the division?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week, Carr came into the game with the opposition having not prepared game planning) for him being in the game. This week will be another story..........I expect we will see our old Carr off and running.........for his life.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

And all across the nation, fantasy players are scratching Steve Smith in their lineups and adding the Tampa Defense.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Last week, Carr came into the game with the opposition having not prepared game planning) for him being in the game. This week will be another story..........I expect we will see our old Carr off and running.........for his life.

LOL I am watching NFL channe's Put Up Your Dukes, and the host just said that it seems that David is having a hard time letting the Houston thing go. He went on to translate Carr's interview to say "I got a Clairol commercial coming up soon and Delhomme will never get this job back after I start." Pretty funny stuff.

Last edited by StarStruck; 09-28-2007 at 02:22 PM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
And all across the nation, fantasy players are scratching Steve Smith in their lineups and adding the Tampa Defense.
Wouldn't say across america, just here in houston. I'm @ that crossroads now.....

i've got Jason Witten, Brandon Marshall, & Wes Welker to choose from

Hmmmmm
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2007   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd leave Smith in.

Why? Because Carr will look for Smith before going fetal.

Couldn't help it. Tooooo easy.

I am curious to see how Carr does if he starts. I suppose it's a bit easier for me to be objective regarding Mickey's performance since he's not under our center.
Old 09-28-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I'd leave Smith in.

Why? Because Carr will look for Smith before going fetal.

Couldn't help it. Tooooo easy.

I am curious to see how Carr does if he starts. I suppose it's a bit easier for me to be objective regarding Mickey's performance since he's not under our center.
Smith suits Carr. Throw a 5 yard out and hope he can run the other 75 yards.

I hope he gets pummeled. I think he is really not liking the fact that Schaub has put us in the "relevant" category.
Old 09-28-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish David the best. You can definitly question his desire while here in houston but have to admit he was always a classy nice guy.

I hope he does well with carolina and resurrects his career...they are in the NFC so we don't have to worry too much. If they can win more games, it will make our defeat over them look better.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #11
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Panther fans are going to see and feel our pain now.

Of course he can always go in there in light it up, he had a few good games here but we'll see. He's the kind of QB that needs a brick wall in front of him to have success, if one guy gets through that wall he panics.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While I consider DC a bust as a Texan, I wish him the best on his new team.

I do feel bad for Carolina's offensive line. They are about to be considered completely worthless.
Old 09-28-2007   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watch him win this game, just like last week. I hope that happens just so I can hear the excuses some of you will make.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Watch him win this game, just like last week. I hope that happens just so I can hear the excuses some of you will make.
And if he loses, we can't wait to hear the excuses you make for him.
Old 09-28-2007   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Panther fans are going to see and feel our pain now.

Of course he can always go in there in light it up, he had a few good games here but we'll see. He's the kind of QB that needs a brick wall in front of him to have success, if one guy gets through that wall he panics.
.........and a seeing eye dog to find his secondary receivers...............
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #16
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I wish David the best. You can definitly question his desire while here in houston but have to admit he was always a classy nice guy.

I hope he does well with carolina and resurrects his career...they are in the NFC so we don't have to worry too much. If they can win more games, it will make our defeat over them look better.

Sorry - I hope he falls on his face.

I kind of like the positive press we have been getting for dumping him and getting Schaub. The media is starting to say that it was not all our Oline's fault with all those sacks. That a lot of them were his fault that he cannot read the defense, holds the ball too long, panics too easily, etc.
Old 09-28-2007   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And if he loses, we can't wait to hear the excuses you make for him.
This will certainly be an entertaining weekend.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
While I consider DC a bust as a Texan, I wish him the best on his new team.

I do feel bad for Carolina's offensive line. They are about to be considered completely worthless.
You know..I was beginning to feel the same way..until I saw his dumbass on NFLN taking another shot at Houston. It pissed me off even more when Dukes made a point to say it wasn't even provoked by a question. He continues to take malicious jabs.

Between that, the stupid hat he was wearing and the queer hair, I hope he get's his face smeared in the freakin ground by TB.

If they happen to win, who gives a frog's fatass. We already beat them

Sorry for the frog comment HoustonFrog
Old 09-28-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
what excuses? the dude played good in the 2nd half and did enough to help his team win a game that they had to have. he showed some life. good for him. hope things work out for him. i have never been one to hope or pine for his career to fizzle. if he can ever stop pissing and moaning about his time in Houston, I would have no problem with him whatsoever.

some of us just wanted him out of town so we could have good football...would a good Carr performance do anything to belittle that position? most of us arent looking for him to succeed OR fail in order to serve some sort of twisted personal agenda...we wanted him gone, he is gone, and now we have good football for once.

i realize that in College Station uncreative, illiterate, inept, and uninspired football is an annual rite of passage but some of us expect more especially from our professional franchise here in Houston. We got rid of Gloveboy and now we have a good product. Why the agenda? Carr sucked with Texans. a decade of Pro Bowl caliber seasons will do nothing to change that fact. Turn page.
Old 09-28-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
This will certainly be an entertaining weekend.

That goes without saying when it's football season!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read