Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2007   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones' Diary

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3693

The part I liked most was:
So I wonít be playing this weekend, but it wasnít as bad as I thought it was at first and I shouldnít be out much longer.
So hopefully he'll be ready for the Dolphin game.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #2
TyrantTexan
Rookie

Default Re: Jacoby Jones' Diary

"That was my first real loss in the NFL, but you can’t win them all. All you can do is work to get better and come back to the drawing board." Jacoby said this but it sounds like something the Great Dom Capers might have said!!

This line sounds like the Texans of years past......
TyrantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe that's, because it's the truth in the NFL. I know alot of people like to hate on Dom, but I would put my money on the fact that he knows more about football than anybody else on this board.

He may be a subpar head coach, but the man does know football and does know defense. Some people are just cut out to be coordinators.......Dom is one of them.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Maybe that's, because it's the truth in the NFL. I know alot of people like to hate on Dom, but I would put my money on the fact that he knows more about football than anybody else on this board.

He may be a subpar head coach, but the man does know football and does know defense. Some people are just cut out to be coordinators.......Dom is one of them.
See also: Norv Turner
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

with the carolina roster and a madden playbook i believe half of this board would have 1 winning season under our belts. his defensive coordinator resume doesnt look any better, being handed 3 strong defenses and getting progressively worse under his management doesnt speak well.

my money's on the board members
Old 09-27-2007   #6
TyrantTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
with the carolina roster and a madden playbook i believe half of this board would have 1 winning season under our belts. his defensive coordinator resume doesnt look any better, being handed 3 strong defenses and getting progressively worse under his management doesnt speak well.

The Carolina Roster made all the difference... He can thank Mr. Casserly for one heck of a roster!! He should've stuck to country music!!

Last edited by TyrantTexan; 09-27-2007 at 02:38 AM.
TyrantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll take a guy that has ran some outstanding defenses in this league.........you can take the board's braintrust.

I'm not saying Dom was a very good coach, he wasn't, but I'm not going to kid myself and act like I or anyone else on here knows more about football than he does.

Now if you want to get down to Charlie and his drafting/trades/FA signings............yeah, I'll take the board's braintrust, because I've seen many people's picks on here before drafts that blew away what we ended up getting with Uncle Charlie at the helm.

Capers biggest problem was he was too damn loyal and he let his loyalty to his "buddies" run him out of town, by the time he tried to change anything, it was too late.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-27-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2007   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

And that whole play was the turning point.

For sure I thought Jacoby would get his first return his first TD...that punter must be fast or Jacoby did something wrong, I am not sure I only saw that play when it aired live.

Okay so once he goes out we are in position in the redzone...Schaub throws a INT and Peyton goes back down to make a larger lead. You think about it of course, if Jacoby returns that we are back in it for sure, he doesn't get hurt and at this point in the game our defense started to click. The reason we were able to come back because our defense made them take FGs. In the NFL, one play is a turning point, that was it, problem was Brackett made another play to kill our hopes. We still didn't give up though...its just crazy that if Jacoby beats that Punter we would have had a better chance at going 3-0.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take a guy that has ran some outstanding defenses in this league.........you can take the board's braintrust.

I'm not saying Dom was a very good coach, he wasn't, but I'm not going to kid myself and act like I or anyone else on hear knows more about football than he does.

Now if you want to get down to Charlie and his drafting/trades/FA signings............yeah, I'll take the board's braintrust, because I've seen many people's picks on here before drafts that blew away what we ended up getting with Uncle Charlie at the helm.

Capers biggest problem was he was too damn loyal and he let his loyalty to his "buddies" run him out of town, by the time he tried to change anything, it was too late.
Well, I'll take me, along with Aaron Glenn, Jamie Sharper and no Victor Riley starting at LT... You can have Dom Capers with Victor Riley starting at LT and no Aaron Glenn or Jamie Sharper... Oh, by the way, I may go an get a QB instead of handing Carr the job again also. Umm, I even breathe threw my nostrils most of the time.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It never ceases to amaze me how deluded that some people are.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantTexan View Post
"That was my first real loss in the NFL, but you canít win them all. All you can do is work to get better and come back to the drawing board." Jacoby said this but it sounds like something the Great Dom Capers might have said!!

This line sounds like the Texans of years past......
To me, it's someone who is facing the realities of being a rookie. Some of these kids (but I admit - probably not Jacoby) don't know much about losing because their college teams lose 1 or 2 games a year. 14-2 is rare in the NFL, 15-1 is an anomaly, and undefeated hasn't happened since the early 70s. Losing is a part of the NFL, and being a good pro player means putting the loss behind you before you step back on the practice field and not letting it start defining you as a loser.
Old 09-27-2007   #12
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

On the flip side.

"But since I obviously canít play right now, Iím going to do what I can and just sit and watch film, which is all I can do. It helps, though. You can learn a lot about the game by watching film."

Lovin' this kid's attitude.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #13
ColtsBlueFL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
And that whole play was the turning point.

For sure I thought Jacoby would get his first return his first TD...that punter must be fast or Jacoby did something wrong, I am not sure I only saw that play when it aired live.
Hunter Smith is fast. And he doesn't like his kicks returned to the house. He ran a 4.53 40 @ ND, but feels he is leaner, better trained, and even faster now. A quote from an article recently - "He has tackled return man extraordinaire Dante Hall. He has run down Desmond Howard. He has run down Deion Sanders. He and Sanders, now an NFL Network analyst, still laugh about it."

OTOH, it was also his own fault too. He out kicked his coverage team and thus it is upon him to redeem himself and prevent the TD. The injury was just an unfortunate outcome. I hope JJ recover's quickly and your team is healthy later in the year when you come to the Dome.
ColtsBlueFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsBlueFL View Post
Hunter Smith is fast. And he doesn't like his kicks returned to the house. He ran a 4.53 40 @ ND, but feels he is leaner, better trained, and even faster now. A quote from an article recently - "He has tackled return man extraordinaire Dante Hall. He has run down Desmond Howard. He has run down Deion Sanders. He and Sanders, now an NFL Network analyst, still laugh about it."

OTOH, it was also his own fault too. He out kicked his coverage team and thus it is upon him to redeem himself and prevent the TD. The injury was just an unfortunate outcome. I hope JJ recover's quickly and your team is healthy later in the year when you come to the Dome.
That was a really good play by your punter.

I don't know if you read the article but Jacoby actually knows Hunter a little bit because Jacoby worked out at the same place where Hunter works out while he (Jacoby) was prepping for the Combine.

Hopefully, we can do more than give you a scare in December.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I admit i wasn't sure at first about this kid. But he has done nothing but IMPRESS me. I love his attitude and his fire on game day. I really think we got a gem with this kid and he's really going to be something else.

Count me in the JJ fan club.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read