Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2007   #1
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Plantar Fasciitis

Living in Dallas now, the only sports radio I get is Cowboys talk, and I thought I'd pass along something I found interesting. Terrence Newman (Cowboys CB) has been suffering from plantar fasciitis since training camp and had to sit the first two games and play the nickel position in the third. Mario suffered from plantar fasciitis for over half the season last year and didn't miss a game. Granted, if you lose a step at the corner position it's going to be much more evident when you get burned for a TD than when a DE is a second late to the QB, but for the people who scoffed at the injury I think it shows just how debilitating it can be to a football player. Mario is performing much better so far this year, and I think a healthy foot has a lot to do with it.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Yep.

Most of us became aware of Newman's plantar fascitis before the Cowboys preseason game against the Texans.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That kind of injury has got to be devastating to a CB. It's probably more painful to play Mario's position with it (Because you have to push around giants all day), but without question, it's got to be more difficult to play CB with it. (Because you have to be able to cut and close on 4.3 runners all day)

Sucks to be Newman, He might as well look forward to next season, I don't see him being all that effective this year.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 203569 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I have been suffering through plantar fasciitis for the past few months. It sucks. It won't heal because I won't go get the big boot from the doctor and sideline myself for three weeks; I just have too much going on. I've taken to wearing my combat boots and lacing them up so that the toe is stretched upward. I can't imagine how Mario played on this last year. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but man ....
Old 09-27-2007   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If you remember Steve Brown CB Houston Oilers..........plantar fasciitis was the reason he had to retire from football.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #6
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I have been suffering through plantar fasciitis for the past few months. It sucks. It won't heal because I won't go get the big boot from the doctor and sideline myself for three weeks; I just have too much going on. I've taken to wearing my combat boots and lacing them up so that the toe is stretched upward. I can't imagine how Mario played on this last year. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but man ....

I know..I've had it too. Check out Runners World magazine. In the back, you can buy these splints to wear at night that pull the toes up.

I had to wear my shoes to bed and finally got some relief with a cortisone shot to the heel.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 203569 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
I know..I've had it too. Check out Runners World magazine. In the back, you can buy these splints to wear at night that pull the toes up.

I had to wear my shoes to bed and finally got some relief with a cortisone shot to the heel.
Ooh! Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-27-2007   #8
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It's not a good condition to have. There's not much they can do for you and the kind of beating you take playing football (with your foot twisting, arching, etc) is about the worst kind.

My brother-in-law has it pretty bad from hiking the AT back in 1995. He's got to wear real stiff-soled boots now when he's out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read