Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2007   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nationally Televised Games

I just got done looking over the nationally televised games and noticed some curious things:

The "Most Competitive Division in Football"...that overglorified NFC East, has 14 national games this season, of which only 2 are flex games. The next closest division in the AFC East, of which have 9 with 1 flex due in large part to the Patriots. Just wondering what people thought about this. Does it seem warranted that the NFC East has so many games? Is anyone on here that excited to see these games?

Oh, and by the way. The team with the most nationally televised games is the 2006-2007 playoffs one-and-done, wild card Cowboys. The team with the next most? Super Bowl Champion Indy.

Just an interesting side note: Every AFC South team but the Texans has a Monday Night game this season...but that's ok, we'll have plenty next year.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nationally Televised Games

The NFC East will always be the most televised division. You have "America's Team" (yes, many of us hate them here but it is a fact that they have a strong following all over the US), Giants (largest market in the US), Redskins (nation's capital, huge market), Philly (another huge market). Keep in mind that the latter 3 teams are also rivals of the Cowboys which is always going to draw a lot of viewing interest. The other team I root for is the Giants, partially because I lived in NY for a time and also because they are a Cowboys rival. I always enjoy NFC East matchups.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

What's on this week:

CBS noon schedule

CBS late schedule

Fox

No Cowboys in H-town, Texans over the air in Austin & SA. Sweet.

No Texans HD. Bummer.
Old 09-26-2007   #4
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Somehow I think we'll manage without the Wisdom of Solomon for one week.

But whats up with all the channels carrying Oakland Vs Miami. Im not sure if I was even a fan of those teams that I would want to watch that....ahem..."contest."
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What's on this week:

CBS noon schedule

CBS late schedule

Fox

No Texans HD. Bummer.
whats up with that little patch in oregon? texans/falcons fans in oregon?
Old 09-26-2007   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
whats up with that little patch in oregon? texans/falcons fans in oregon?
Joey Harrington. I guess Austin isn't the only jock sniffing college town in America.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Joey Harrington. I guess Austin isn't the only jock sniffing college town in America.
Must spread some rep yadda yadda

Freakin hilarious.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2007   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's on this week:

CBS noon schedule

CBS late schedule

Fox

No Texans HD. Bummer.

No Cowboys in H-town, oh oh no! Opps, I forgot, I will be at the game.

I agree with what Hookem Horns said about NFC East and their market. Given that I am also a huge Texan fan, I hope that marketing efforts are increased to aggressively go after the slightly committed and build a larger fan base. The Cowboys have a huge fan base, but it didn't happen just because they are the Cowboys.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's on this week:

CBS noon schedule

CBS late schedule

Fox

No Texans HD. Bummer.
Why the heck is Oakland vs Miami on in over half the country on CBS? None of the games are all that interesting from a national point of view but I figure Houston vs Atlanta or Baltimore vs Cleveland would be more interesting to the viewing public than Oakland vs Miami.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #10
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Why the heck is Oakland vs Miami on in over half the country on CBS? None of the games are all that interesting from a national point of view but I figure Houston vs Atlanta or Baltimore vs Cleveland would be more interesting to the viewing public than Oakland vs Miami.
lmao, yeah. It takes up half the country. It's ridiculous.

Seeing two subpar teams mainly focused on defense isn't entertaining to me. Especially if the defenses suck. :X
Old 09-27-2007   #11
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
yeah, that's almost insulting.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #12
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

There's not many storylines to draw in the casual fan to watch Houston vs. Atlanta. The Texans are without their biggest offensive star, probably without their best RB, and otherwise hammered by injuries. The Falcons...well, they bite. And the Joey Harrington-holding-off-the-mighty-Byron-Leftwich saga doesn't grasp anyone's interest outside of greater Atlanta. (Still shaking my head about that Oregon thing on the map. They actually care about him? Still? Wow.)

OAK vs. MIA is a bad game, no question, but I think both clubs have national followings (OAK more so) in larger markets. Plus, the Culpepper-return-to-Miami is mildly interesting, given how badly it worked out for him down there last year. Surprised that BAL doesn't get a chance to show in more markets on a weak lineup day like that...they can be fun to watch.

The Texans, as long as the winning continues, will get more exposure as they earn it.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
lmao, yeah. It takes up half the country. It's ridiculous.

Seeing two subpar teams mainly focused on defense isn't entertaining to me. Especially if the defenses suck. :X
actually, Miami's offense can put up some points. and the defense is miserable. if you're forced to watch the game (and i'm so so so sorry for you if you are), watch Ronnie Brown, the next LT!

also Daunte Culpepper may be starting for the Raiders, so there will be some fun blood between those two teams, i guess? ugh dont watch it
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read