Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2007   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is The Falcons Game a Trap Game?

I think this weeks game will be the key to a winning season.If a battered Texans can get a road win at Atlanta . I can honestly say the Texans have turned a corner and can be a Contender for the 07 season.
I wish the Texans have the depth to install a plug and play system and I do think that is what Coack Kubiak and Rick Smith are working towards .
Old 09-26-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is The Falcon's a Trap Game?

no.

We have good coaches. We lost last weekend. We are beat up as a team. We want to win every game we can. The starters playing (Davis, Walter, Dayne/Gado, etc) aren't going to be relaxed- they are going play as best they can. In the end they want to keep their job. We have fairly young defense that is playing with a chip on their shoulder and don't want to be scored on.

They are going to go out there and play with their heart. Schaub doesn't care if it's Atlanta or San Diego- he wants a W.

I pray nobody else gets injured!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

How can you even ask this question???

NO!

The AFC South is undefeated playing teams outside its own division...

The Colts put a spanking on the Saints...

The Titans put a spanking on the Saints...

The Texans put a spanking on the Panthers...

The Jags beat the Falcons...

The Panthers beat the Falcons...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

no

i thin khe asked this question b/c there seems to be a lot of memebers saying this game will be tougher than we think.,...i think we need to dominate to prove we can compete as we are in the afc south
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a trap game because I am not sure that the Texans with many key injuries is so much better than ATL that it is a trap. The Falcons probably see it as a get healthy game.

The Texans barely knew who they were before the season started, and now who knows who they are?

It's a test of what the banged up Texans can do. Can they go on the road, have even a decent running game and perform consistently for four quarters?

They've been able to have some big plays on offense and special teams, but with a number of their playmakers out, can they continue to do this same?

And which defense is going to show up? Hopefully not one that spots a bunch of points early in the game.

Harrington actually had a semi-adequate game dinking and dunking down the field last week and ATL should have won that game. Dink/dunkers scare me with this defense.
Old 09-26-2007   #6
big homey
Veteran

Nah.

If we had beaten the Colts, then I might be worried, but coming off of a tough loss may cause the team to take out some of that negativity on the Falcons (the Falcons will come with that same mentality). Don't let the injuries fool you - we still ran with the Colts and they're a much better team than Atlanta.

There are no gimmes in the NFL, but the Texans should be just fine.
Old 09-26-2007   #7
real

Nope, not a trap.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2007   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

A trap game is usually where a team is looking past its opponent. I don't think the Texans are looking past the Falcons to the Dolphins in week 5. The problem may be coming out a little flat after the effort against the Colts. Add to that the Falcons desperation for a win, and this should be a tough road game.

If the Texans can withstand the early emotion by the Falcons, they should be in good shape. Atlanta has a team that probably doesn't believe in their QB, and may not believe in their coach. Much is new and few things are working for them. The Texans need to play steady, take the crowd out of the game, and give the Falcons a reason to doubt themselves.
Old 09-26-2007   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

a team that has never had a winning record has no trap game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I think this weeks game will be the key to a winning season.If a battered Texans can get a road win at Atlanta . I can honestly say the Texans have turned a corner and can be a Contender for the 07 season.
I wish the Texans have the depth to install a plug and play system and I do think that is what Coack Kubiak and Rick Smith are working towards .
No, its the Texans. Any win would be a step in the right direction.

I'm confused on the highlighted area. Are you upset over our depth or about the system because Smith was interviewed before the game on Sunday and when asked about AJ he said that their system is built on being able to do the same thing every game and that the goal is to be able to take the new "X" receiver and put him in the system and have the system work like clockwork. Now talent obviously makes a difference but that is almost to a point what he said...a plug in system. I think he was saying that it should be functional now.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 09-26-2007 at 04:55 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
a team that has never had a winning record has no trap game.
Exactly.

I'm jealous of your word efficiency.
Old 09-26-2007   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a trap game then but definitely a game we could find ourselves losing. So far this year Kubiak & Co. have been able to keep the team focused for every game. We haven't played one game where we didn't show up and I like that. This is the first game of the season following an emotional high and a let down. How will they respond to losing against Indy.

I'm not worried about the injuries. The reserves will be ready and do their jobs. I'm worried about the guys not being ready to play at kickoff next week. Young teams that are new to winning are hard to keep focused.
Old 09-26-2007   #13
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Not a trap game then but definitely a game we could find ourselves losing. So far this year Kubiak & Co. have been able to keep the team focused for every game. We haven't played one game where we didn't show up and I like that. This is the first game of the season following an emotional high and a let down. How will they respond to losing against Indy.

I'm not worried about the injuries. The reserves will be ready and do their jobs. I'm worried about the guys not being ready to play at kickoff next week. Young teams that are new to winning are hard to keep focused.
Mhm, I totally agree. Matt Schaub's lying when he says this is just like any other game.
Old 09-26-2007   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Yeah, and do you think that the guys in that locker room are totally sick of folks making fun of them for trading Schaub? I mean, even if they agree with it, the best way to get people to STFU some is to bust the Texans in the mouth at home.
Old 09-26-2007   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i hope schaub knows that defense.
Old 09-26-2007   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i hope schaub knows that defense.
Odds are it chagned with the coaching staff change, but you knew that.

Sorry to answer a good one-liner with logic.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is The Falcons Game a Trap Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Odds are it chagned with the coaching staff change.
Yeah, Mike Zimmer came over from Dallas after being the DC there for 7 years.
Old 09-26-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yeah, Mike Zimmer came over from Dallas after being the DC there for 7 years.
Zimmer is a better then decent D-Coordinator.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #19
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty comical...

My favorite part is where he says that Harrington and Schaub are a push. LOL

Falcons fan view of our matchups
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #20
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Harrington actually had a semi-adequate game dinking and dunking down the field last week and ATL should have won that game. Dink/dunkers scare me with this defense.

The Atlanta Offensive line cannot give him ANY time to throw anything but quick stuff outside and over the middle.

If they get their arms up quick enough maybe the DL can get some knock downs.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read