Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Falcons Fans Forum

Shaft75

All Pro
Falcons Roost

I tried to sell my old Vick jersey there awhile back. The only Falcons forum that I could find back then. Hope this helps the Texans fans that want to bring the smack. I am starting to right now...
:texflag:

I just spent a few minutes reading through the official MB of the Falcons and that is some of the least intelligent and irrelevant dribble I've ever seen posted in a serious manner. They are blatently stating that they don't want to talk actual football, rather just rant and bash on another team. Then others are asking where the Texan fans have been on their boards...we haven't played them since 2003, that's probably a good starting point for why we don't venture over there. Jesus, I've never seen such a moronic and helpless group of people coming together unknowingly to form a fanbase. It's a disgrace to football, and to those of us who happened to venture over already.

The one thing you will learn about Falcons fans is that most are really Vick fans and not fans of the team. They are also thug wannabe's who think they are tough and love to talk alot of trash.

The only fan worse I have ever seen are Steelers fans.

Just to play Devil's Advocate for a bit, the Falcons have had arguably the worst off season in football history and the real season doesn't hold out much hope for improvement. So I can see why their fans are whiny and disgruntled. I just of the better them than me camp. Oh, and maybe we should start a thread over there thanking them for Schaub. That should go over real well.

Just to play Devil's Advocate for a bit, the Falcons have had arguably the worst off season in football history and the real season doesn't hold out much hope for improvement. So I can see why their fans are whiny and disgruntled. I just of the better them than me camp. Oh, and maybe we should start a thread over there thanking them for Schaub. That should go over real well.

I'll do it. :splits:

Noooooo guys! Don't stoop down to their level! We're a great nation and let's remain that way. Let's also try and reflect that upon them. Let them talk like retards and wish our players to be on the IR all the while we wish them the best.

Represent Texan Nation well.

I just spent a few minutes reading through the official MB of the Falcons and that is some of the least intelligent and irrelevant dribble I've ever seen posted in a serious manner. They are blatently stating that they don't want to talk actual football, rather just rant and bash on another team. Then others are asking where the Texan fans have been on their boards...we haven't played them since 2003, that's probably a good starting point for why we don't venture over there. Jesus, I've never seen such a moronic and helpless group of people coming together unknowingly to form a fanbase. It's a disgrace to football, and to those of us who happened to venture over already.

Have you read our official board lately? No offense to the posters there, but...

I am like the only one posting on the Roost site. It seems like half of the people over there are expecting an azz-whooping.

Oh, just wait until we play the Raiders. That's going to be a LONG, painful week of smack talk. We'll all become big fans of Earthquakes after that week.

haha im on the atl official website and their mb....dude they thought theyd win now they think they will blow us out the water....they think roddy white lmfao is gonna burn our secondary with jeoy throwing him the ball.....haha i dont even know what to say to them anymore...ts like talking to a brickwall

Frankly I'm being polite and friendly over on their main site because I'm expecting the Falcons to give us trouble this Sunday. I hope Kubiak has us ready to play because the Falcons are probably just about ready to take out three weeks worth of frustration out on somebody.

I want the Texans to get in, stay healthy, get the win, and get out of there. Good teams don't have let downs following emotional highs (Indy game) and good teams take care of business when they play losing teams.

The Falcons scare me. The Dolphins after that I'm not so worried about but the Falcons do scare me.

how do they scare you? we have proven that we dont let things bother this team....like the 14-0 defeciet they overcame....and they alomst did it this week against indy....i think we will beat them soundly....schaub is gonna want to rub it in a little im sure...he will get us the win...plus our defense is still healthy....they will shut down atl's offense....and i expect a great game for okoye and williams

Frankly I'm being polite and friendly over on their main site because I'm expecting the Falcons to give us trouble this Sunday. I hope Kubiak has us ready to play because the Falcons are probably just about ready to take out three weeks worth of frustration out on somebody.

I want the Texans to get in, stay healthy, get the win, and get out of there. Good teams don't have let downs following emotional highs (Indy game) and good teams take care of business when they play losing teams.

The Falcons scare me. The Dolphins after that I'm not so worried about but the Falcons do scare me.

Ditto... I have kept myself in check for the same reasons.

I agree. I watched the Falcons last weekend and they weren't horrible. If the offense sputters due to our large cast of walking wounded and leaves the defense on the field, we could be in a bind.

The Falcons stink against the run but can we muster a running attack strong enough to push them around? We've got a solid QB but we're pretty skinny on WR talent at the moment. So I'm concerned about the O leaving the D stranded, the D getting tired, and I don't have to tell the rest of the story because we all watched it a lot last year.

I definitely agree with that. I'm very wary of the Falcons. They just battled hard with Carolina and probably felt that they should have won that game. They're ticked off and they're ready to take it out on someone.

I fear that someone to be the Houston Texans. The time is ripe. We're dinged up. Morale is a bit low after losing our WR and starting RB.

That team is Michael Vick's team. Matt Schaub may not be vengeful but Vick lead that team for some time. Someone stated that as a result of Vick, it spurned their fan base into what they are on their official message board, rabid thugs. Leadership reflects everything. I'm now thinking that Vick's antics have rubbed off on his teammates.

Oh yeah, the Falcons are coming after us. Hard. Kick 'em while they're down. That's how a thug operates. Yep, we're down and they're kicking. The time is ripe for the kicking.

I expect us to win this one but I'm NOT dismissing the Falcons. Joey Harrington can throw the football. Yes, he gets sacked tons but he's still going to throw the ball downfield. Where are we the weakest? Our secondary.

Turnovers are the key to this game. We have to win the turnover battle.

IMO, the falcons would've won the game if it weren't for Hall's mental breakdown.

I'm with y'all, this game will definetely be a test for the Texans.:texflag:

dude i dont know whats with you guys but if we dont win this game then we shouldnt be called play off contenders...this falcon team is not good and our dline better have monster games....no reason to lose this game at all

dude i dont know whats with you guys but if we dont win this game then we shouldnt be called play off contenders...this falcon team is not good and our dline better have monster games....no reason to lose this game at all

What have we done this year to even be considered as play-off cntenders?

We beat a bad KC team, a bad Carolina team, and played Indy ok (injuries aside)? Not the greatest of accomplishments. Now, don't get me wrong the team is defiantly improving, but I think the play-off contender talk has beed a bit premature.

Waht have we done this year to even be considered as play-off cntenders?

We beat a bad KC team, a bad Carolina team, and played Indy ok (injuries aside)? Not the greatest of accomplishments. Now, don't get me wrong the team is defiantly improving, but I thinkthe play-off ocntender talk has beed a bit premature.

of course you do hoth.....jeez you guys want us to suck or sumthin? i mean honestly...this team didnt just beat those "bad" teams...we destroyed them...we almost arguably the best team in the nfl with our backups at most of our skilled positions....when will you think we are good enough to come out and say we better beat an 0-3 team that is strugling...its not like im sayin this and we play the pats next week...its the freakin falcons guys

Agreed, this is almost a trap type game. The one thing that really eases my fears is that Matt Schaub is not gonna overlook this game one bit. I don't think he will overlook anyone, but don't ya think he wants to have a really good outing?

Oh yeah, the Falcons are coming after us. Hard. Kick 'em while they're down. That's how a thug operates. Yep, we're down and they're kicking. The time is ripe for the kicking.

If there is any one team that is down, it's the Falcons. Let's kick them while they're down.....

The Falcons scare me.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

DarthVader.jpg

It's the Falcons. Let's kick them while they're down.....

I don't know if I would call them a team that is down. Bad is a better word. They only lost their QB. We just lost our starting WR (twice), starting SS (twice), starting RBs (twice but Dayne is expected to play). See where I'm coming from? We're down. They're bad. I see it a different way than you indicated.

when will you think we are good enough to come out and say we better beat an 0-3 team that is strugling...its not like im sayin this and we play the pats next week...its the freakin falcons guys

It's also the freaking NFL. You know the term, Any Given Sunday? Do you think the Falcons go 16-0? The Falcons have some confidence after the Carolina game this weekend. They are pumped and ready (at least they better be) to play Matt Schaub and the Houston Texans this weekend. They want their first win of the season, and they want it this weekend. Of course they wanted it the last two Sundays also. Trap game, scary game, whatever you want to call it, it has the makings of an upset. If we don't give them the game like previous Texan teams we should win this one. This is a game that we should win no doubt about it, but this is the NFL and there are no gimmees.

See where I'm coming from? We're down. They're bad. I see it a different way than you indicated.

I don't think we are down at all. I think we are a team that has had some unfortunate injuries, but I don't think it's got anyone down.

I don't think we are down at all. I think we are a team that has had some unfortunate injuries, but I don't think it's got anyone down.
But by your saying that you don't think it has anyone down..... leads me to think that you seem to think that I'm calling the Texans depressed or something?

We got punched in the stomach against the Colts. Yeah, we're upbeat but we still got punched and fell on all fours. We're trying to get back on our feet. With every players' return, the Texans slowly rise from the ground and get their feet back under them.

But hey... whatever you say! Your version of the English language just very well may be different from mine.

It's also the freaking NFL. You know the term, Any Given Sunday? Do you think the Falcons go 16-0? The Falcons have some confidence after the Carolina game this weekend. They are pumped and ready (at least they better be) to play Matt Schaub and the Houston Texans this weekend. They want their first win of the season, and they want it this weekend. Of course they wanted it the last two Sundays also. Trap game, scary game, whatever you want to call it, it has the makings of an upset. If we don't give them the game like previous Texan teams we should win this one. This is a game that we should win no doubt about it, but this is the NFL and there are no gimmees.

there are no gimmies but there are games where you should win.....and this is one of them...they can beat the aints and giants.....but i dont think they can beat us.

Agreed, this is almost a trap type game.

I think this is the opposite of a trap game. If we had won against Indy I could see it as a definitional trap game--young team on a high beating the super bowl champs coming in a little overconfident against a team wanting to prove itself. Instead our team is coming off a loss. Injuries don't make traps IMO--that is just a hurt team that can't play to unhurt potential.

That said, this is no gimme game at all and the Texans better stay focused like they were in Carolina.

But by your saying that you don't think it has anyone down..... leads me to think that you seem to think that I'm calling the Texans depressed or something?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Although I do think it has some people down, namely the players that won't get to play. But do I think the team is down? No, I don't. So what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that we are down, but morale is up? And by the way, I'm not trying to argue with you.

I got to see the Falcons game this weekend and I will say this, hopefully the OL is up to snuff to stop Abraham because he is a monster! The Falcons are not too good against the run, but if Hall keeps his cool they are good against the pass. They are not as bad as the 0-3 record indicates, that's for sure.

I've been afraid that this would be a trap game because of the emotional let-down after playing so hard against the Colts. Also, because historically we never seem to beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

BUT. This is not the same old Texans and even though Schaub might not be looking for revenge, he's not going to take this team lightly. I think the injuries may also help give us a back-against-the-wall sort of feeling.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Although I do think it has some people down, namely the players that won't get to play. But do I think the team is down? No, I don't. So what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that we are down, but morale is up? And by the way, I'm not trying to argue with you.

Uh-uh.

If we can't speak figuratively then there's no point in having discussions. Yes, you're trying to argue. You know what I said and and you know what I meant.... but....

/begin sarcasm

*in a monotone voice*

The Houston Texans are not at full strength and the Falcons need to take advantage of that.

/sarcasm over and back to the discussion...

As for morale, I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. I can only go by Texan Nation and Texan Nation is extremely upbeat overall therefore I'd like to think that that would spill over to the Texans locker room. I don't think morale is down. They hung with the Colts until the end without our starters. I would think it'd be skyhigh.

The Houston Texans are not at full strength and the Falcons need to take advantage of that.

That's better, I'll agree with that. And given the respect that I've earned for you after reading your posts for however long now I'll bow out of this now. And I repeat, I was not trying to argue.

haha im on the atl official website and their mb....dude they thought theyd win now they think they will blow us out the water....they think roddy white lmfao is gonna burn our secondary with jeoy throwing him the ball.....haha i dont even know what to say to them anymore...ts like talking to a brickwall
He's burned the secondary of two 2-1 teams thus far. I think you're underrating Joey Harrington. He's not great, but he's better than you think.

Have you read our official board lately? No offense to the posters there, but...

No thanks, I need to keep what little sanity I have left.

oh my god it's awful at our offical board.... especially last week. i had no idea that the new fans had come out in such force after we got national press. i couldn't believe it. and the content on that board is completely useless.

how do they scare you? we have proven that we dont let things bother this team....like the 14-0 defeciet they overcame....and they alomst did it this week against indy....i think we will beat them soundly....schaub is gonna want to rub it in a little im sure...he will get us the win...plus our defense is still healthy....they will shut down atl's offense....and i expect a great game for okoye and williams
The Falcons have not really been dominated. They've played 3 competitive games and are very upset at how last week transpired. They practically allowed a game to slip through their fingers and it's been on their mind since the clock read zeros. There is alot of talent on this team; a servicable quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, an improving WR in Roddy White, a perennial Pro Bowl TE in Alge Crumpler, RBs like Jerious Norwood and Warrick Dunn, All-Pro FB in Ovie Muhelli, star (but big mouthed) CB in Hall, a dangerous DE in Abraham, etc. We have talent.

The Falcons have not really been dominated. They've played 3 competitive games and are very upset at how last week transpired. They practically allowed a game to slip through their fingers and it's been on their mind since the clock read zeros. There is alot of talent on this team; a servicable quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, an improving WR in Roddy White, a perennial Pro Bowl TE in Alge Crumpler, RBs like Jerious Norwood and Warrick Dunn, All-Pro FB in Ovie Muhelli, star (but big mouthed) CB in Hall, a dangerous DE in Abraham, etc. We have talent.

How many times has he been sacked? Whats the TD to INT ration look like?

Back