Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2007   #61
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Falcons Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonSen88 View Post
.........?

Do I have to show you the same irritating trend before Vick for you to understand teams can lose to whoever on any given Sunday and nothing in the NFL is a gimme?
Look, I get what you are saying. No need to dig up trends or whatever, but the odds are stacked in the Texans' favor.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #62
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Falcons Roost

I tried to sell my old Vick jersey there awhile back. The only Falcons forum that I could find back then. Hope this helps the Texans fans that want to bring the smack. I am starting to right now...
Let's all go to the more active Falcons Forum.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #63
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Here's another Falcon's MB
Went there yesterday, but didn't register because of their lack of interest in talking football.
Old 09-26-2007   #64
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Look, I get what you are saying. No need to dig up trends or whatever, but the odds are stacked in the Texans' favor.
Signed,

12/24/06
Indianapolis Colts
vs
Houston Texans

The Texans haven't proven enough in order to have "the odds stacked in our favor".

I hope the Texans players don't think like some here do. If so, they might be in for a rude awakening.

Old 09-26-2007   #65
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

if the best reason you can think of for your team to win is "Any given sunday!" ......you might be a falcons fan

If you have to be cheerfully optimistic about the 3rd coming of joey harrington....you might be a falcons fan

If you feel your 0-3 team is a lock to beat a 2-1...you might be a falcons fan

If you think Roddy white, coming off his second CAREER 100 yard game, is suddenly a viable threat....you might be a falcons fan.

If you are talking seriously about brian brohm and the 2008 draft...you might be a falcons fan

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #66
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
if the best reason you can think of for your team to win is "Any given sunday!" ......you might be a falcons fan

If you have to be cheerfully optimistic about the 3rd coming of joey harrington....you might be a falcons fan

If you think Roddy white, coming off his second CAREER 100 yard game, is suddenly a viable threat....you might be a falcons fan.

If you are talking seriously about brian brohm and the 2008 draft...you might be a falcons fan
Actually, that's not the best reason. It's just common knowledge that I used to remind the Texan fan where he once was. You give someone an inch, and they'll take a mile.
IonSen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #67
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post

ADD...

If you think Deangelo Hall's $100k fine is enough punishment...you might be a Falcons fan.

If a former player of yours is the centerpiece of a town meeting...you might be a Falcons(or Giants) fan.

Seriously dude you should have started a thread like this. Hell each week you should start one, but only start with a one-liner, so you don't take all of the good ones.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2007   #68
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If the guy who was the face of the franchise yesterday is tomorrow someone's B!tch ..... you might be a Falcons fan.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #69
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's burned the secondary of two 2-1 teams thus far. I think you're underrating Joey Harrington. He's not great, but he's better than you think.
Harrington? What about that Schaub guy??

Wait.... nevermind.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #70
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets put this in perspective, Pete has given up numbers to 3 main wide outs:

Reggie Wayne ( Elite wide out whos on the short list of top guys)
Marvin Harrison (1st ballot HOFer whos as good now as he was 3 years ago)
Steve Smith (the TOP of the short list)

Thats a rough 2 game stretch, your gonna give up plays. And, Smiths day wass a little blown up due to the long one at the end of the game. So, I think we may be alright. Not a cake walk, but ok.
Old 09-26-2007   #71
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Lets put this in perspective, Pete has given up numbers to 3 main wide outs:

Reggie Wayne ( Elite wide out whos on the short list of top guys)
Marvin Harrison (1st ballot HOFer whos as good now as he was 3 years ago)
Steve Smith (the TOP of the short list)

Thats a rough 2 game stretch, your gonna give up plays. And, Smiths day wass a little blown up due to the long one at the end of the game. So, I think we may be alright. Not a cake walk, but ok.
Agreed. Petey is a solid #2 so long as he isn't lined up with some of the most athletic WRs in the league (such as Harrison and Smith). I expect him to have a solid game against the Falcs.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #72
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I beleive what some old school coaches say about your record is who you are. If you are 0-3, than you are not that good. The Falcons 'could' have won last week, but they did what a 'not-so-good' team does, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by one player melting down...

Sorry, that's what bad teams, with bad chemistry do...
Good point.Good Example:2005 Houston Texans.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #73
TyrantTexan
Rookie

Quote:
The Falcons have not really been dominated. They've played 3 competitive games and are very upset at how last week transpired. They practically allowed a game to slip through their fingers and it's been on their mind since the clock read zeros. There is alot of talent on this team; a servicable quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, an improving WR in Roddy White, a perennial Pro Bowl TE in Alge Crumpler, RBs like Jerious Norwood and Warrick Dunn, All-Pro FB in Ovie Muhelli, star (but big mouthed) CB in Hall, a dangerous DE in Abraham, etc. We have talent.
Than what do you call a 24-3 loss in Week 1 to another team with no quarterback (Minnesota)??? Does that fit your definition of competitive??? If so the Texans have always been competetive.... But I guess at 0-3 you got to look at any bright spot you can.... don't worry we've been there
TyrantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #74
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantTexan View Post
Than what do you call a 24-3 loss in Week 1 to another team with no quarterback (Minnesota)??? Does that fit your definition of competitive??? If so the Texans have always been competetive.... But I guess at 0-3 you got to look at any bright spot you can.... don't worry we've been there
You'd have to see that game to know why I said that.
Old 09-28-2007   #75
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You'd have to see that game to know why I said that.
I'm sure you're a nice person on the inside, and sure, we can count that for something, but you haven't shown anyone why your team is going to win. You haven't done anything to better the reputation of Falcon fans. Honestly, go look at your MB's, objectivly, as if you were a Texan fan. Then you will know why your opinion and team are so highly thought of around here.
Old 09-28-2007   #76
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I'm sure you're a nice person on the inside, and sure, we can count that for something, but you haven't shown anyone why your team is going to win. You haven't done anything to better the reputation of Falcon fans. Honestly, go look at your MB's, objectivly, as if you were a Texan fan. Then you will know why your opinion and team are so highly thought of around here.
That's not why I came here. I'm not even convinced we'll win, so why on GOD's Earth would I try to convince someone else otherwise? I'm not here to better any reputation either. I don't think any Falcons fan gives a hoot about any perception and I certainly don't. This message board isn't much better either.
Old 09-28-2007   #77
oldfalcon
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFaninNC View Post
The one thing you will learn about Falcons fans is that most are really Vick fans and not fans of the team. They are also thug wannabe's who think they are tough and love to talk alot of trash.

The only fan worse I have ever seen are Steelers fans.
That is so shallow and stereotypical,I am 47 years old and have been a Falcon fan since 1968,I chose the Falcons,because my older brother was a Redskin fan.So you see junior there are lots of us before and will be after Vick.Come to think of it I was an NFL fan long before you folks were Texan fans and I`m from NC also like you
oldfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #78
TexansFaninNC
Rookie

Well, like I said, MOST fans are fans of Vick and not the team. Can you deny that? I remember the year Vick broke his leg and the Falcons went into the can, people on the Falcons board were demanding refunds and claiming to burn their tickets. Yep, some great FALCONS fans there.

Yes there are some very good and loyal Falcons fans, but I would estimate they are in the minority, or would you are that?

BTW do not ASSUME people's ages and call people junior, I am 41 and far from a junior.

Point is the FALCONS as a team are a pretty good team who's 0-3 record IMO does not reflect on the way they have played, but hey, that is my OPINION.
TexansFaninNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #79
oldfalcon
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFaninNC View Post
Well, like I said, MOST fans are fans of Vick and not the team. Can you deny that? I remember the year Vick broke his leg and the Falcons went into the can, people on the Falcons board were demanding refunds and claiming to burn their tickets. Yep, some great FALCONS fans there.

Yes there are some very good and loyal Falcons fans, but I would estimate they are in the minority, or would you are that?

BTW do not ASSUME people's ages and call people junior, I am 41 and far from a junior.

Point is the FALCONS as a team are a pretty good team who's 0-3 record IMO does not reflect on the way they have played, but hey, that is my OPINION.
I certainly didn`t mean to disrespect your age.I guess people have a misconception that all our fans fall into the Vick Hugger category,We have our share and our fan-base is almost embarrassingly divided among Vick Huggers and true Falcon fans,I put myself in the latter category although I supported him while he was here.You guys have a good QB in Schaub and darn I wish we still had him.I come here in peace and not to be a trash talker ..and I apppreciate your compliments on my team and heres to one helluva` football game.with no injuries!
oldfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007   #80
TexansFaninNC
Rookie

I would definately agree with you on the no injuries part.

I do believe this will be a much closer game than some think it will be. Atlanta is not as bad as the 0-3 record shows, and if not for Hall's total meltdown last week, I have no doubt they would have beaten the Panthers.

I still do believe the Texans will win, but think it will be by 7 points or less.
TexansFaninNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read