Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2007   #41
TexansFaninNC
Rookie

Default Re: Falcons Fans Forum

I got to see the Falcons game this weekend and I will say this, hopefully the OL is up to snuff to stop Abraham because he is a monster! The Falcons are not too good against the run, but if Hall keeps his cool they are good against the pass. They are not as bad as the 0-3 record indicates, that's for sure.
TexansFaninNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been afraid that this would be a trap game because of the emotional let-down after playing so hard against the Colts. Also, because historically we never seem to beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

BUT. This is not the same old Texans and even though Schaub might not be looking for revenge, he's not going to take this team lightly. I think the injuries may also help give us a back-against-the-wall sort of feeling.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #43
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying. Although I do think it has some people down, namely the players that won't get to play. But do I think the team is down? No, I don't. So what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that we are down, but morale is up? And by the way, I'm not trying to argue with you.
Uh-uh.

If we can't speak figuratively then there's no point in having discussions. Yes, you're trying to argue. You know what I said and and you know what I meant.... but....

/begin sarcasm

*in a monotone voice*

The Houston Texans are not at full strength and the Falcons need to take advantage of that.

/sarcasm over and back to the discussion...

As for morale, I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. I can only go by Texan Nation and Texan Nation is extremely upbeat overall therefore I'd like to think that that would spill over to the Texans locker room. I don't think morale is down. They hung with the Colts until the end without our starters. I would think it'd be skyhigh.
Old 09-26-2007   #44
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Houston Texans are not at full strength and the Falcons need to take advantage of that.
That's better, I'll agree with that. And given the respect that I've earned for you after reading your posts for however long now I'll bow out of this now. And I repeat, I was not trying to argue.
Old 09-26-2007   #45
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
haha im on the atl official website and their mb....dude they thought theyd win now they think they will blow us out the water....they think roddy white lmfao is gonna burn our secondary with jeoy throwing him the ball.....haha i dont even know what to say to them anymore...ts like talking to a brickwall
He's burned the secondary of two 2-1 teams thus far. I think you're underrating Joey Harrington. He's not great, but he's better than you think.
IonSen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #46
amazingandre
All Pro

so you think you will BLOW US OUT THE WATER? your wrs arent that special and im sure our cbs will be fine......
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #47
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Have you read our official board lately? No offense to the posters there, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
No thanks, I need to keep what little sanity I have left.
oh my god it's awful at our offical board.... especially last week. i had no idea that the new fans had come out in such force after we got national press. i couldn't believe it. and the content on that board is completely useless.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2007   #48
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
how do they scare you? we have proven that we dont let things bother this team....like the 14-0 defeciet they overcame....and they alomst did it this week against indy....i think we will beat them soundly....schaub is gonna want to rub it in a little im sure...he will get us the win...plus our defense is still healthy....they will shut down atl's offense....and i expect a great game for okoye and williams
The Falcons have not really been dominated. They've played 3 competitive games and are very upset at how last week transpired. They practically allowed a game to slip through their fingers and it's been on their mind since the clock read zeros. There is alot of talent on this team; a servicable quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, an improving WR in Roddy White, a perennial Pro Bowl TE in Alge Crumpler, RBs like Jerious Norwood and Warrick Dunn, All-Pro FB in Ovie Muhelli, star (but big mouthed) CB in Hall, a dangerous DE in Abraham, etc. We have talent.
Old 09-26-2007   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonSen88 View Post
quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, .
Awesome!!

Signed,
David Carr
Old 09-26-2007   #50
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Falcons have not really been dominated. They've played 3 competitive games and are very upset at how last week transpired. They practically allowed a game to slip through their fingers and it's been on their mind since the clock read zeros. There is alot of talent on this team; a servicable quarterback with a 90.6 QB Rating and 70% completion percentage, an improving WR in Roddy White, a perennial Pro Bowl TE in Alge Crumpler, RBs like Jerious Norwood and Warrick Dunn, All-Pro FB in Ovie Muhelli, star (but big mouthed) CB in Hall, a dangerous DE in Abraham, etc. We have talent.
How many times has he been sacked? Whats the TD to INT ration look like?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I beleive what some old school coaches say about your record is who you are. If you are 0-3, than you are not that good. The Falcons 'could' have won last week, but they did what a 'not-so-good' team does, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by one player melting down...

Sorry, that's what bad teams, with bad chemistry do...
Old 09-26-2007   #52
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously guys why are we thinking this will game will be close? Is it the injury situation? It's ok to be without Ahman or Jacoby against an NFC South team. We did decent with Schaub running our system last week without those guys, Davis stepped up and Ron will be back. We will be more than fine.

And... Trap game??? Are you kidding me? Trap game???

Fellas... Has anyone been able to run on our team yet? Did our offense cease to move the ball in any of the last 3 games? We are fine guys, you just need to remember that this is still a strong AFC team against a weak NFC team.

I have no idea why any of you are talking like Atlanta has a chance. lol
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #53
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I beleive what some old school coaches say about your record is who you are. If you are 0-3, than you are not that good. The Falcons 'could' have won last week, but they did what a 'not-so-good' team does, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by one player melting down...

Sorry, that's what bad teams, with bad chemistry do...
Think we're going to get a "The Falcons are who we thought they are!" rant on Sunday afternoon?

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 09-26-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #54
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
How many times has he been sacked? Whats the TD to INT ration look like?
I believe that's behind him. Following that 7 sack game against Jacksonville, coach Petrino called him out and demanded he get rid of the football. He did that last week and it led to success. I'm convinced he'll stick with that game plan this week too.

His TD:INT ratio is 1:1, but Schaub's isn't much better either.
Old 09-26-2007   #55
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Think we're going to get a "The Texans are who we thought they are!" ront on Sunday afternoon?
fixed it for you...
Old 09-26-2007   #56
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Seriously guys why are we thinking this will game will be close? Is it the injury situation? It's ok to be without Ahman or Jacoby against an NFC South team. We did decent with Schaub running our system last week without those guys, Davis stepped up and Ron will be back. We will be more than fine.

And... Trap game??? Are you kidding me? Trap game???

Fellas... Has anyone been able to run on our team yet? Did our offense cease to move the ball in any of the last 3 games? We are fine guys, you just need to remember that this is still a strong AFC team against a weak NFC team.

I have no idea why any of you are talking like Atlanta has a chance. lol
You haven't been watching the NFL longer than 3 weeks have you? Even being a Texans' fan should serve you humble pie.

A 2-1 start is better than an 0-3 start, but any team can beat on any given Sunday [especially on the road]. Technically, the game shouldn't be close but I think many are convinced it will be (including myself).
Old 09-26-2007   #57
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
You haven't been watching the NFL longer than 3 weeks have you? Even being a Texans' fan should serve you humble pie.

A 2-1 start is better than an 0-3 start, but any team can beat on any given Sunday [especially on the road]. Technically, the game shouldn't be close but I think many are convinced it will be (including myself).
The AFC South is undefeated playing teams outside its own division...

The Colts put a spanking on the Saints...

The Titans put a spanking on the Saints...

The Texans put a spanking on the Panthers...

The Jags put a spanking on the Falcons...

The Panthers beat the Falcons...

Haven't you taken that SAT's? You should have optimism in being a Falcons fan. There is no reason for any Texan fan to think of this gae as anything other than a victory however.

Yes, I have watched the NFL since I was like 7 years old. But a slam dunk is a slam dunk 99% of the time.
Old 09-26-2007   #58
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
The AFC South is undefeated playing teams outside its own division...

The Colts put a spanking on the Saints...

The Titans put a spanking on the Saints...

The Texans put a spanking on the Panthers...

The Jags put a spanking on the Falcons...

The Panthers beat the Falcons...

Haven't you taken that SAT's? You should have optimism in being a Falcons fan. There is no reason for any Texan fan to think of this gae as anything other than a victory however.

Yes, I have watched the NFL since I was like 7 years old. But a slam dunk is a slam dunk 99% of the time.
How did Jacksonville put a spanking on the Falcons? We lost by 6 points on the road.

You still do not understand how the NFL works. I'm a Falcons fan, and I understood that along time ago. It still holds true. Here's an example:

2006 Atlanta Falcons.
Win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
Win over the Cincinnati Bengals
Loss to the Detroit Lions
Loss to the Cleveland Browns
Old 09-26-2007   #59
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
How did Jacksonville put a spanking on the Falcons? We lost by 6 points on the road.

You still do not understand how the NFL works. I'm a Falcons fan, and I understood that along time ago. It still holds true. Here's an example:

2006 Atlanta Falcons.
Win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
Win over the Cincinnati Bengals
Loss to the Detroit Lions
Loss to the Cleveland Browns
And Michael Vick played in those games...
Old 09-26-2007   #60
IonSen88
Rookie

Quote:
And Michael Vick played in those games...
.........?

Do I have to show you the same irritating trend before Vick for you to understand teams can lose to whoever on any given Sunday and nothing in the NFL is a gimme?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read