Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2007   #21
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Re: Falcons Fans Forum

haha im on the atl official website and their mb....dude they thought theyd win now they think they will blow us out the water....they think roddy white lmfao is gonna burn our secondary with jeoy throwing him the ball.....haha i dont even know what to say to them anymore...ts like talking to a brickwall
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly I'm being polite and friendly over on their main site because I'm expecting the Falcons to give us trouble this Sunday. I hope Kubiak has us ready to play because the Falcons are probably just about ready to take out three weeks worth of frustration out on somebody.

I want the Texans to get in, stay healthy, get the win, and get out of there. Good teams don't have let downs following emotional highs (Indy game) and good teams take care of business when they play losing teams.

The Falcons scare me. The Dolphins after that I'm not so worried about but the Falcons do scare me.
Old 09-26-2007   #23
amazingandre
All Pro

how do they scare you? we have proven that we dont let things bother this team....like the 14-0 defeciet they overcame....and they alomst did it this week against indy....i think we will beat them soundly....schaub is gonna want to rub it in a little im sure...he will get us the win...plus our defense is still healthy....they will shut down atl's offense....and i expect a great game for okoye and williams
Old 09-26-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Frankly I'm being polite and friendly over on their main site because I'm expecting the Falcons to give us trouble this Sunday. I hope Kubiak has us ready to play because the Falcons are probably just about ready to take out three weeks worth of frustration out on somebody.

I want the Texans to get in, stay healthy, get the win, and get out of there. Good teams don't have let downs following emotional highs (Indy game) and good teams take care of business when they play losing teams.

The Falcons scare me. The Dolphins after that I'm not so worried about but the Falcons do scare me.
Ditto... I have kept myself in check for the same reasons.
Old 09-26-2007   #25
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree. I watched the Falcons last weekend and they weren't horrible. If the offense sputters due to our large cast of walking wounded and leaves the defense on the field, we could be in a bind.

The Falcons stink against the run but can we muster a running attack strong enough to push them around? We've got a solid QB but we're pretty skinny on WR talent at the moment. So I'm concerned about the O leaving the D stranded, the D getting tired, and I don't have to tell the rest of the story because we all watched it a lot last year.
Old 09-26-2007   #26
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I definitely agree with that. I'm very wary of the Falcons. They just battled hard with Carolina and probably felt that they should have won that game. They're ticked off and they're ready to take it out on someone.

I fear that someone to be the Houston Texans. The time is ripe. We're dinged up. Morale is a bit low after losing our WR and starting RB.

That team is Michael Vick's team. Matt Schaub may not be vengeful but Vick lead that team for some time. Someone stated that as a result of Vick, it spurned their fan base into what they are on their official message board, rabid thugs. Leadership reflects everything. I'm now thinking that Vick's antics have rubbed off on his teammates.

Oh yeah, the Falcons are coming after us. Hard. Kick 'em while they're down. That's how a thug operates. Yep, we're down and they're kicking. The time is ripe for the kicking.

I expect us to win this one but I'm NOT dismissing the Falcons. Joey Harrington can throw the football. Yes, he gets sacked tons but he's still going to throw the ball downfield. Where are we the weakest? Our secondary.

Turnovers are the key to this game. We have to win the turnover battle.
Old 09-26-2007   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, the falcons would've won the game if it weren't for Hall's mental breakdown.

I'm with y'all, this game will definetely be a test for the Texans.
Old 09-26-2007   #28
amazingandre
All Pro

dude i dont know whats with you guys but if we dont win this game then we shouldnt be called play off contenders...this falcon team is not good and our dline better have monster games....no reason to lose this game at all
Old 09-26-2007   #29
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
dude i dont know whats with you guys but if we dont win this game then we shouldnt be called play off contenders...this falcon team is not good and our dline better have monster games....no reason to lose this game at all
What have we done this year to even be considered as play-off cntenders?

We beat a bad KC team, a bad Carolina team, and played Indy ok (injuries aside)? Not the greatest of accomplishments. Now, don't get me wrong the team is defiantly improving, but I think the play-off contender talk has beed a bit premature.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 09-26-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #30
amazingandre
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Waht have we done this year to even be considered as play-off cntenders?

We beat a bad KC team, a bad Carolina team, and played Indy ok (injuries aside)? Not the greatest of accomplishments. Now, don't get me wrong the team is defiantly improving, but I thinkthe play-off ocntender talk has beed a bit premature.
of course you do hoth.....jeez you guys want us to suck or sumthin? i mean honestly...this team didnt just beat those "bad" teams...we destroyed them...we almost arguably the best team in the nfl with our backups at most of our skilled positions....when will you think we are good enough to come out and say we better beat an 0-3 team that is strugling...its not like im sayin this and we play the pats next week...its the freakin falcons guys
Old 09-26-2007   #31
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agreed, this is almost a trap type game. The one thing that really eases my fears is that Matt Schaub is not gonna overlook this game one bit. I don't think he will overlook anyone, but don't ya think he wants to have a really good outing?

Quote:
Oh yeah, the Falcons are coming after us. Hard. Kick 'em while they're down. That's how a thug operates. Yep, we're down and they're kicking. The time is ripe for the kicking.
If there is any one team that is down, it's the Falcons. Let's kick them while they're down.....
Old 09-26-2007   #32
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
The Falcons scare me.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Old 09-26-2007   #33
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
It's the Falcons. Let's kick them while they're down.....
I don't know if I would call them a team that is down. Bad is a better word. They only lost their QB. We just lost our starting WR (twice), starting SS (twice), starting RBs (twice but Dayne is expected to play). See where I'm coming from? We're down. They're bad. I see it a different way than you indicated.
Old 09-26-2007   #34
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when will you think we are good enough to come out and say we better beat an 0-3 team that is strugling...its not like im sayin this and we play the pats next week...its the freakin falcons guys
It's also the freaking NFL. You know the term, Any Given Sunday? Do you think the Falcons go 16-0? The Falcons have some confidence after the Carolina game this weekend. They are pumped and ready (at least they better be) to play Matt Schaub and the Houston Texans this weekend. They want their first win of the season, and they want it this weekend. Of course they wanted it the last two Sundays also. Trap game, scary game, whatever you want to call it, it has the makings of an upset. If we don't give them the game like previous Texan teams we should win this one. This is a game that we should win no doubt about it, but this is the NFL and there are no gimmees.
Old 09-26-2007   #35
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Quote:
See where I'm coming from? We're down. They're bad. I see it a different way than you indicated.
I don't think we are down at all. I think we are a team that has had some unfortunate injuries, but I don't think it's got anyone down.
Old 09-26-2007   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
I don't think we are down at all. I think we are a team that has had some unfortunate injuries, but I don't think it's got anyone down.
But by your saying that you don't think it has anyone down..... leads me to think that you seem to think that I'm calling the Texans depressed or something?

We got punched in the stomach against the Colts. Yeah, we're upbeat but we still got punched and fell on all fours. We're trying to get back on our feet. With every players' return, the Texans slowly rise from the ground and get their feet back under them.

But hey... whatever you say! Your version of the English language just very well may be different from mine.
Old 09-26-2007   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

much fear I sense

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #38
amazingandre
All Pro

Quote:
It's also the freaking NFL. You know the term, Any Given Sunday? Do you think the Falcons go 16-0? The Falcons have some confidence after the Carolina game this weekend. They are pumped and ready (at least they better be) to play Matt Schaub and the Houston Texans this weekend. They want their first win of the season, and they want it this weekend. Of course they wanted it the last two Sundays also. Trap game, scary game, whatever you want to call it, it has the makings of an upset. If we don't give them the game like previous Texan teams we should win this one. This is a game that we should win no doubt about it, but this is the NFL and there are no gimmees.
there are no gimmies but there are games where you should win.....and this is one of them...they can beat the aints and giants.....but i dont think they can beat us.
Old 09-26-2007   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, this is almost a trap type game.
I think this is the opposite of a trap game. If we had won against Indy I could see it as a definitional trap game--young team on a high beating the super bowl champs coming in a little overconfident against a team wanting to prove itself. Instead our team is coming off a loss. Injuries don't make traps IMO--that is just a hurt team that can't play to unhurt potential.

That said, this is no gimme game at all and the Texans better stay focused like they were in Carolina.
Old 09-26-2007   #40
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Quote:
But by your saying that you don't think it has anyone down..... leads me to think that you seem to think that I'm calling the Texans depressed or something?
That's exactly what I'm saying. Although I do think it has some people down, namely the players that won't get to play. But do I think the team is down? No, I don't. So what exactly are you saying? Are you saying that we are down, but morale is up? And by the way, I'm not trying to argue with you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read