Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-26-2007   #1
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Falcons -- Austin Official Watch Party (plese sticky)

Be sure to be out at ThirdBase this Sunday. It is an away game we need to represent Loud, Proud, and in Full Force.

If there is any special needs that have not already been discussed let RickyB, BigWig or Myself know and we will try to get you taken care of.

I will get NitroHonda take care of with the CC when I get there this Sunday.

The LIST:

Specnatz
Axman
Nitro Honda + 1 or 2 depending on if his wife allows him to drink or not.
Kaiser Toro (Soccer? Boooo {unless it is for kids})
Hookinreds + 1
Barrett + 2 or 3
Rockabilly + 1
Fletch (lives) + 3 and one masocist

PS. If you know anyone who is not on the mailing list please let BigWig know because he is still in charge of that and Rick is still the main point of contact with ThirdBase.

Last edited by Specnatz; 09-30-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #2
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Falcons -- Austin Official Watch Party (plese sticky)

Sunday, SunDay! SUNDAY! I will be at 3b watching The Texans!
Old 09-26-2007   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing though, Spec, is that their TVs don't have closed captioning in them. He did not purchase them as TVs but as computer LCDs. LCDs are not required by law to have a closed captioning decoder built in like TVs are.

As for last Sunday, the game was shown on K-EYE thus we need the decoder for it to work. Two weeks ago the game was on NFL Network and it's their responsibility since it's content that they own. No, the NFL network does not have to by law caption the games but they do.

Third Base just won't do it for me. It's not from a lack of not trying by Third Base. They really tried. It's just the way they're set up. They would have to spend money to accomodate me and that's not what I'm really looking for. I can just very easily go elsewhere without causing up a poopfest.

Wellllll.... I got a question... if the game is being shown on local TV, could one retort to watching it on the NFL network instead? If that's so, then we would have to have Third Base put it on the NFLn channel and not KEYE so we can get the captioning up since the NFLn captions their games and has that feature enabled within their systems.
Old 09-26-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
The thing though, Spec, is that their TVs don't have closed captioning in them. He did not purchase them as TVs but as computer LCDs. LCDs are not required by law to have a closed captioning decoder built in like TVs are.

As for last Sunday, the game was shown on K-EYE thus we need the decoder for it to work. Two weeks ago the game was on NFL Network and it's their responsibility since it's content that they own. No, the NFL network does not have to by law caption the games but they do.

Third Base just won't do it for me. It's not from a lack of not trying by Third Base. They really tried. It's just the way they're set up. They would have to spend money to accomodate me and that's not what I'm really looking for. I can just very easily go elsewhere without causing up a poopfest.

Wellllll.... I got a question... if the game is being shown on local TV, could one retort to watching it on the NFL network instead? If that's so, then we would have to have Third Base put it on the NFLn channel and not KEYE so we can get the captioning up since the NFLn captions their games and has that feature enabled within their systems.

Last week Bill switched the games to the NFL Network for us because he knows of our hatred for KEYE. So that is not a problem. Like I said it was my fault for not getting it setup in advance. All I had to do is ask and it would have been done.
Old 09-26-2007   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there but will be tardy. I have a soccer game at 9:45 am in Onion Creek and will come directly.
Old 09-26-2007   #6
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

In-laws will be in town, but they usually get on the road after breakfest. So count me in at this point plus one.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Last week Bill switched the games to the NFL Network for us because he knows of our hatred for KEYE. So that is not a problem. Like I said it was my fault for not getting it setup in advance. All I had to do is ask and it would have been done.
NitroHonda plus two.... no I want beer. NitroHonda plus one!
Old 09-26-2007   #8
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin Official Watch Party for Texasn vs Dirty Birds! Please sticky!

Well is week 4 and were are 2-1 and still in the hunt for just about anything. We sure got banged up playing with those ponys. I suspect we will need to keep an eye on those dirty birds this week, they seem to play kinda dirty.
Anyway this is your wake up call to post on the thread over at www.texanstalk.com and get ready to show 3rd base again what a gr8 following we have. I heard on ESPN 1530 a bunch of VY homers calling in the other day after the thumbtacks embarrased the Aints, saying we Texans fans are non exisitant and a bunch of whiners, that everyone in ATX wants VY.
Heres your chance fans , show up in numbers and cheer on our Texans.
On a side note I will not be there I have to go to Dullass to see my family, but I know KT, Spec, and Hookinreds, and Nitro and the rest of the gang will take up my slack.
PS y'all dont forget the chants "Houston", "Texans", "First down", and "KEYE Sucks"!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #9
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

I will miss this Sunday, sadly. It's my mom's birthday so I'll be in Houston with her. Y'all have fun and GO TEXANS!
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #10
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Awesome, Spec. Thanks for working with Bill on this important issue.

Sorry that I will miss this coming weekend.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll be there + 2 or maybe 3.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #12
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there +1.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #13
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTabbyMama View Post
I will miss this Sunday, sadly. It's my mom's birthday so I'll be in Houston with her. Y'all have fun and GO TEXANS!
Tell your mom Happy Birthday from the gang at Reliant West!
Old 09-29-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

C'mon folks is this it? We need more people there, to show that we want this place as our home, because you know damn well KEYE will screw us again.
Old 09-29-2007   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTabbyMama View Post
You need to take your mom to the game for her birthday.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #16
fletcher
Rookie

I will be there this week. I am bringing 3-4. Sadly one of them is a Dolphins fan. 4th is a Steelers fan but not sure if she'll be there.
fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #17
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
I will be there this week. I am bringing 3-4. Sadly one of them is a Dolphins fan. 4th is a Steelers fan but not sure if she'll be there.
No problem...we can boo them equally.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there before 12 pm. Our soccer game was cancelled.
Old 09-30-2007   #19
fletcher
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
No problem...we can boo them equally.
I've always hoped that Houston fans were better than that. We boo the bad plays, or the teams that play, but a fan doesn't deserve it unless they are a jerk.

For example, I went to see the Dallas/Texans game a few years ago in Dallas. It was miserable being a Texans fan there, as the Cowboys fans are 100% dicks. Walking out after the Cowboys had won, I was made to feel like it was somehow I was a pariah or some such.
fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
I've always hoped that Houston fans were better than that. We boo the bad plays, or the teams that play, but a fan doesn't deserve it unless they are a jerk.

For example, I went to see the Dallas/Texans game a few years ago in Dallas. It was miserable being a Texans fan there, as the Cowboys fans are 100% dicks. Walking out after the Cowboys had won, I was made to feel like it was somehow I was a pariah or some such.
With Hookinred it is more a figure of speech. He Brings a Bronco fan with him.

It just means if he knows there is a fan of a certain team there he will be sure to have fun with the fan and boo their team. It is all about making sure everyone has fun.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read