Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-25-2007   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Here's to you, Reggie Bush!

Reggie Bush, I salute you.

You are the unquestioned master of the reception for 5 yard loss.

You are the lord of hording goal-line carries. Good for you. Nevermind that your team carried you the other 99 yards, you sir, you EARNED that one.

You are the undisputed master of dropping the wide open screen pass in the end zone. Nobody does it better buddy.

You are a pioneer and an innovator, making us mere mortals bend to your statistical whims, adding up your punt returns, receptions, and occasional rushes to come up with this new stat called "all purpose yards". yes, you have us tricked into thinking 25 punt return yards are equivalent to 25 rushing yards. Nice.

You have the world entranced into thinking you are a first round fantasy player, while in reality the odds of you ever rushing for 100 yards in a game consistently are...nonexistant.

You leap joyously into the stands, celebrating personal glory. You be sure to hang onto that ball buddy, you don't find the end zone very often.

We are all proud of you for not letting your shortcomings effect your performance. We are sympathetic to your needs, and recognize your inability to run up the middle.

The city of new orleans loves you reggie. You have fans everywhere you go. The Visa commercial tells me so.

I just have one small favor to ask, Mr. Reggie Bush, A.K.A. the human highlight reel, glorious player extraordinaire, obviously slighted by the indignity of being picked #2 overall. Just a small request really. Now that Deuce Mcallister is gone (You know, the real football player your team had), perhaps now would be a good time to maybe broaden your horizons. Its okay reggie, you really CAN be more than a decoy. People believe in you. I don't. I think your a worthless pile of dog crap, but hey, i've been wrong before. Go be a 20 carry a game back. I bet it ends great for you! Be a leader...carry your 0-3 team out of the cellar. You can do it Reg! Break a leg! No really....break a leg so the world shuts up about you. Cheers, you insufferable prick.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Here's to you, Reggie Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
You are a pioneer and an innovator, making us mere mortals bend to your statistical whims, adding up your punt returns, receptions, and occasional rushes to come up with this new stat called "all purpose yards". yes, you have us tricked into thinking 25 punt return yards are equivalent to 25 rushing yards. Nice.
I love this. ESPN seems to make a conscious effort to prop him up by always listing his all purpose yards when they do it to no one else in the league. Even last night before the game when they were comparing him to LenDale White they showed LenDale's rushing yards and Reggie's all purpose yards so that they would be comparable.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought it was funny how reggie pumped the stadium up for when he came in for the punt return. ESPN was saying "here we go!" and then he returned it like what...8 yards?

how is he a "threat to take it to the house everytime he has the ball in his hands" if he...you know....never actually does anything with the ball in his hands? isn't, theoretically, EVERY player a threat to take it to the house when they have the ball? and that's what Bush is...just another football player. nothing special about him whatsoever.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

But the Texans passed on him. Now who is the smart one? Of course espin will never admit how much they trashed the team. I hope I never meet anyone from espin because I seriously would want to spit in there face.
Old 09-25-2007   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
But the Texans passed on him. Now who is the smart one? Of course espin will never admit how much they trashed the team. I hope I never meet anyone from espin because I seriously would want to spit in there face.
Agreed. It just proves how brainless those people are. Kornheiser specifically. That dude is a complete joke. I can't stand to listen to him at all. At least Jaws has something intelligent to say sometimes.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Agreed. It just proves how brainless those people are. Kornheiser specifically. That dude is a complete joke. I can't stand to listen to him at all. At least Jaws has something intelligent to say sometimes.
I can't beleive i am going to say this. But i agree. Was Korheiser still wearing that rediculously flaming pink coat for MNF that i saw on PTI?

As for RB.....i still get asked why i hose the guy so much. What a brilliant decoy he is. Whatever. Last season went to that team's head and they aren't nearly hungry or inspired this year. Payton needed to get the ball to Deuce let teams key on HIS running game and let that open up the passing game for Brees and those set of pretty good receivers. The Saint really missed out this year on going defense in the first round. They really could've used some secondary help.

That said this team can turn it around but they got to realize just because they were Americas sweetheart last year doesn't mean anything this year. "Superman" Reggie this is your time to shine.... ha no really Brees and Payton collectively needs to gather this team up and get them back on track offensively and SOMEONE needs to step up on defense.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

no reason to bash Kornheiser, he actually brought up that Bush is overrated last night. it was bizarre to hear that on ESPN.
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2007   #8
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
no reason to bash Kornheiser, he actually brought up that Bush is overrated last night. it was bizarre to hear that on ESPN.
And Jaws said yes he is over rated as a running back.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yeah, but then he said "he's an outstanding back." which sort of conflicts with the previous statement of Bush being overrated.
Old 09-25-2007   #10
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I laughed till I had tears in my eyes....good post SWT...rep your way.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #11
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I love this. ESPN seems to make a conscious effort to prop him up by always listing his all purpose yards when they do it to no one else in the league. Even last night before the game when they were comparing him to LenDale White they showed LenDale's rushing yards and Reggie's all purpose yards so that they would be comparable.
I noticed this as well, and it honestly makes me sick.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #12
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
God i'm glad we took Mario!!!!!!! I never was high on Reggie to begin with....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yeah swt, you and i have had our differences, but the point about everyone gushing about "all-purpose yards." it's a perfect example of how Bush is deserving ultra-special treatment from the media and the NFL. that's usually followed with statements like "well bush isn't just a runningback, he's a special player and you have to look at his all-purpose yards to see how he truly impacts the game!"

unfortunately, Bush wasn't in the top 20 last year in "all-purpose yards."
Old 09-25-2007   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

"To all those teams that passed on Reggie Bush (puts on Texans hat) thanks."
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah swt, you and i have had our differences, but the point about everyone gushing about "all-purpose yards." it's a perfect example of how Bush is deserving ultra-special treatment from the media and the NFL. that's usually followed with statements like "well bush isn't just a runningback, he's a special player and you have to look at his all-purpose yards to see how he truly impacts the game!"

unfortunately, Bush wasn't in the top 20 last year in "all-purpose yards."
especially if you add in quarterbacks. The yards they throw for should count too.....

I'll admit, Im not fond of you, but at least you've been consistent on the whole Bush thing. I would like some credit, as i've been the same. Im honestly just sick of the guy, and its to the point that im hoping giddily for his leg to snap in a million little pieces everytime he touches the ball.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to add that when I first joined this board I said that Maroney & Adrian Peterson (duh) would be waaaay better backs than Bush & I took a ton of heat for it.

To all those who doubted me: eat crow.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #17
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I can't beleive i am going to say this. But i agree. Was Korheiser still wearing that rediculously flaming pink coat for MNF that i saw on PTI?

As for RB.....i still get asked why i hose the guy so much. What a brilliant decoy he is. Whatever. Last season went to that team's head and they aren't nearly hungry or inspired this year. Payton needed to get the ball to Deuce let teams key on HIS running game and let that open up the passing game for Brees and those set of pretty good receivers. The Saint really missed out this year on going defense in the first round. They really could've used some secondary help.

That said this team can turn it around but they got to realize just because they were Americas sweetheart last year doesn't mean anything this year. "Superman" Reggie this is your time to shine.... ha no really Brees and Payton collectively needs to gather this team up and get them back on track offensively and SOMEONE needs to step up on defense.
You probably already saw this, but Deuce is probably out for the year with a torn ACL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns
Old 09-25-2007   #18
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

LMAO @ that post......yeah I can't even stick up for dude anymore....Reggie = a decoy...and not even a great decoy at that (because the more talented you are the better decoy you are).....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last night was interesting because it sort of put the whole Lendale white vs reggie bush debate to rest.

I always thought bush would be the superstar. Then white comes in and moves the pile 5 yards a carry
Old 09-25-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush is the second quickest player to catch 100 receptions. He did in in 19 games, whereas the record is 16 games.

I don't understand the hate for the player. Yeah, he's overrated and overhyped, but that's not his fault. ESPiN always layers on the hyperbole, which is why I hardly ever watch it anymore. NFLN does 100 times a better job of analyzing the NFL, which is the only sport I truly care about. No more sitting through crappy baseball highlights to get a football take.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read