Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-24-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keith Bullock- A real life Monster?

Well I was hoping the saints would defeat one of our division rivals, tennessee but that ain't going to happen.

Back to the topic (just having fun guys!):

Is it just me or does Keith Bullock look like some sort of monster. He looks about 8' tall out there with the big neck pad on the back. I keep thinking of some creature from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...like a beebop and rocksteady.

lol, just having a little fun but sheesh. I would crap in my pants if I saw him in a dark alley.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So um, yeah. The Titans are looking pretty strong.

They beat a tough Jags team on the road.

They hung with Indy to the very end, just like us.

And they got a quality road win tonight. I mean, the Saints are terrible - but they won't be THIS bad by the end of the year.

I gotta say - they look much much better than their seemingly terrible off-season originally lead me to believe. VY is still not spectacular, but you can see his improvement.

Looks like the AFC south is going to be a bloody war this season!

Anyway, I just wanted to give some credit to a team that I said over and over again was going to be bad this season.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #3
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So um, yeah. The Titans are looking pretty strong.

Funny thing is........ If VY is your QB, your team wins more than it loses. I still wish he was wearing #10 in a Texans jersey.
Old 09-24-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

wish in one hand and .... in the other . . . Schaub is a good QB and hasn't really made a whole lot of mistakes. Give the guy time atleast when he does get sacked he doesn't lose the ball.
Old 09-24-2007   #5
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Texans can do it...I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I dislike the Titans, I have to give them credit. Vince Young is making strides (I wouldn't trade Schaub for him straight up though) and they look like a quality team, much like we do. I think the Colts still have the best team in the division, but between the Jags, Titans, and us, it's going to be a knock em down battle for 2nd place and possibly a wild-card berth.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #7
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub made a HUGE mistake on the pic late in the 3rd that cost us points in a 6 point loss. Granted he is an upgrade over "the vehicle"....... but bottom line is VY is a winner. I still think he is going to haunt us for years to come.
Old 09-24-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Schaub made a HUGE mistake on the pic late in the 3rd that cost us points in a 6 point loss. Granted he is an upgrade over "the vehicle"....... but bottom line is VY is a winner. I still think he is going to haunt us for years to come.
This was only Schaub's 3rd start as a Texan and 5th career start overall. I'm extremely impressed from what I've seen from him thus far. He's poised and composed and doesn't get rattled. He's going to learn to cut out those mistakes the more experience he gains and the more he progresses. I think he's going to be a better QB than VY.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Sigh. I knew my poor thread would turn into this. Why do I even try? lol

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #10
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Sigh. I knew my poor thread would turn into this. Why do I even try? lol
I know.... some people just can't let it go
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39806 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

OrangeLotPole8 nominated for a Thread Derailment Award.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I know.... some people just can't let it go
To get it back on track, you guys are looking really good this year and it gives me physical pain to say that.

Hopefully, we can get most of our guys back before we have to play y'all.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #13
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

We looked damn good tonight and I like to wait until the 1st quarter of the season is over to judge a team... ours is over so I can judge, but I won't post it here.

I still have reservations about our red zone offense but our defense, running game and VY have been impressive thus far.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #14
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP
Default Re: Keith Bullock- A real life Monster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Well I was hoping the saints would defeat one of our division rivals, tennessee but that ain't going to happen.

Back to the topic (just having fun guys!):

Is it just me or does Keith Bullock look like some sort of monster. He looks about 8' tall out there with the big neck pad on the back. I keep thinking of some creature from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...like a beebop and rocksteady.
lol, just having a little fun but sheesh. I would crap in my pants if I saw him in a dark alley.
Did you really just bust out beebop and rocksteady!!! That was awesome, brings back memories. Good Times, I guess if bullock is either beebop or rocksteady that would make the rest of defense the the foot clan.
Old 09-25-2007   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105274 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree with all in here. the thing is, their D isn't bad as everyone seemed to think it was. KVB & Laboy wreak havoc on the edges & The LB's tackle very well. Fisher does a good job of getting his guys prepared to play. The AFC south is shaping up to be a tough division & everyone has finally caught up with the Colts.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
We looked damn good tonight

I think the Saints did a better job of looking bad than you guys did looking "damn good".

5 int's and an inept offense will make most all NFL teams look good.
Old 09-25-2007   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91623 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I think the Saints did a better job of looking bad than you guys did looking "damn good".

5 int's and an inept offense will make most all NFL teams look good.
Brees only threw 4 INTs.

He did fumble too tho so he had 5 turnovers.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Saints offensive line blew, Mcallister got hurt and their defense was burnt. I give a tiny shred of credit to the Titans because they came to play.

BUT, the Saints lost that game more than the Titans won it. I wish the Texans could have played a weak NFC team this weekend. Oh well, at least we have Sunday.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91623 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
The Saints offensive line blew, Mcallister got hurt and their defense was burnt. I give a tiny shred of credit to the Titans because they came to play.

BUT, the Saints lost that game more than the Titans won it. I wish the Texans could have played a weak NFC team this weekend. Oh well, at least we have Sunday.
Maybe the reason the Saints looked so terrible is because the Titans defense had decent pressure on Brees all night & Keith Bullock looked like Superman.

Maybe we should give a little bit of credit to the Titans... but the Saints still suck apparently.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that impresses me the most is the Titans run defense. They are stifling. Their DTs are great

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read