Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2007   #21
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Starting Receivers for week 4?

IMO this is how it will work out. Davis and Walters will start this week, with Mathis playing slot. When Dre gets back, it should be Davis and Dre with Walters in the slot. He could excel there, like he did in Cinci, but cant keep coverage honest for Dre. So, that will give us:

1. Dre
2. Davis
3. Walters
4. Jones(when healthy)
5. Mathis

And Dreesen holding water for these guys. Jones is the # 2 or 3 when hes ready, and he can focus or punt returns. Thats the ideal situation.
Old 09-25-2007   #22
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
And Dreesen holding water for these guys.
Dreessen is holding water for Daniels, Bruener, and Putzier.

And maybe a glass for Leach and Cook.

Dreessen is a TE who can play FB. I don't think he's part of the WR rotation, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #23
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know he plays TE, but I dont know why he gets a roster spot. 3 te and 2 fb is plenty. With an extra RB, we dont have the issue we had last week. Makes no sense to hold 4 TE is all Im saying.
Old 09-25-2007   #24
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of receivers, I always find it funny how the commentators compare Kevin WALTER (note no s at the end) to Ed McCaffrey. Why is that? Because he's a short scrappy white guy who can catch the ball?

Anyways, I guess we'll have to go to ATL with WALTER, Davis, Mathis. Crappy but crappier considering we have a godawful running game to boot. Pray for no injuries to the defense because that's what will carry the day for the Texans.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #25
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Speaking of receivers, I always find it funny how the commentators compare Kevin WALTER (note no s at the end) to Ed McCaffrey. Why is that? Because he's a short scrappy white guy who can catch the ball?

Anyways, I guess we'll have to go to ATL with WALTER, Davis, Mathis. Crappy but crappier considering we have a godawful running game to boot. Pray for no injuries to the defense because that's what will carry the day for the Texans.
Yeah, because you cant casually say Walter has no s in it, you have to use CAPS to try and make your self feel a bit smarter than someone. Sorry for the spelling error. Im glad you were so thoughfull and mature about it...
Old 09-25-2007   #26
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any thoughts on how that dislocated finger might bother Davis? Tape it up, rub some dirt on it, and go?
I heard you have to pee on it.
Old 09-25-2007   #27
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Yeah, because you cant casually say Walter has no s in it, you have to use CAPS to try and make your self feel a bit smarter than someone. Sorry for the spelling error. Im glad you were so thoughfull and mature about it...
It wasn't to make myself feel smarter than anyone, the extra "s" in "Walter" has bothered me for sometime. It's more of an inside joke. Sorry for my immaturity. The joke was akin to calling MW "Mario William" or DeMeco "DeMeco Ryan." Asking players names to be properly spelled isn't asking too much I don't think. (Unless you're MattShaub#8 or JohnsonFan)

Sorry for offending you. The Kevin "Walters" thing has driven me up a wall since he joined this organization. I guess it's just me but I am the one to champion the Walter cause.
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2007   #28
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
c'mon man, you gotta do it all big and bold and dark blue....like this:

DAYNETRAIN!!!
Hell yeah! Now that get's me pumped!
Old 09-26-2007   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we have any other options besides Davis, Walter & Mathis as 1,2 & 3 in that order?

I know some are excited about David Anderson being back but he's not ready to do anything at this point..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It wasn't to make myself feel smarter than anyone, the extra "s" in "Walter" has bothered me for sometime. It's more of an inside joke. Sorry for my immaturity. The joke was akin to calling MW "Mario William" or DeMeco "DeMeco Ryan." Asking players names to be properly spelled isn't asking too much I don't think. (Unless you're MattShaub#8 or JohnsonFan)

Sorry for offending you. The Kevin "Walters" thing has driven me up a wall since he joined this organization. I guess it's just me but I am the one to champion the Walter cause.
You have corrected just about every one including me. Maybe you should just hang on the wall that you get driven up? It's a trivial thing to most and often a typo, but you do what you think you have to to make you feel better.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Do we have any other options besides Davis, Walter & Mathis as 1,2 & 3 in that order?

I know some are excited about David Anderson being back but he's not ready to do anything at this point..
These guys should have a field day against Atlanta as will the TEs and maybe the backs. Our defense has got to hold their QB's stats down.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #32
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You have corrected just about every one including me. Maybe you should just hang on the wall that you get driven up? It's a trivial thing to most and often a typo, but you do what you think you have to to make you feel better.
Yeah, I made 2 whole posts about it. But I don't understand what you meant when you said "Maybe you should just hang on the wall that you get driven up?"
Old 09-26-2007   #33
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't even a big deal. I use to call him Walters, so I am glad Bandwagon corrected me. It wasn't like it was directed to anyone specifically.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #34
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Its all good. Just hate when people get anal over little things. All is forgottens
Old 09-26-2007   #35
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Bradford, Gaffney, Lewis...
Mmmmmbbb.....sorry I just threw up in mouth a little bit.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #36
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

(assuming AJ and JJ are both out)

Davis wide right ; Walter wide left ; Mathis in the slot. This will be a good chance for our back up WRs to prove themselves. I think we can still have a good passing attack, especially with OD in the game. Hopefully we can get Green back, also Dayne.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #37
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I fail to see why everyone is so high on Davis (or is Davi around these no "S" parts?) after one game played. I don't think anyone is worring about him destroying their secondary. I enjoy rooting for our team and all but besides AJ every single one of our WR's has done a grand total of nothing in the league. Here's to them changing that this weekend as well as our backs and ends catching some balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #38
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

For the guy who called Walter a short scrappy white guy, he is 6-3, which isn't short when playing 5-9 corners.

I think Walter must be the best run blocking WR on the team. That is why I figure he starts......

I would be happy with Walter & Davis for the Falcons game.
Old 09-27-2007   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its not going to matter. the game plan will be to open with short dumps to the backs & TE's. then they'll hope to catch the Falcons sleeping or DeAngelo still on the bench with Mathis or Davis on a deep post, just to soften them up & keep em honest while they grind out the clock

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #40
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
These guys should have a field day against Atlanta as will the TEs and maybe the backs. Our defense has got to hold their QB's stats down.
Well considering how D. hall held S. Smith down, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's going to have to fall on Walter, Daniels & mathis.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read