Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak presser - NOW!

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...30&play_clip=Y
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Kubiak presser - NOW!

Doesn't work for me, I just want to hear any updates on the injury situation and who may return for ATL's game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Doesn't work for me, I just want to hear any updates on the injury situation and who may return for ATL's game.
Killings - All good news. On his feet today. Fracture of the C-4.

Green - MRI showed no damage, has had a knee bruise since Week 1, hopeful for the game against Atlanta, Day to day

Andre - the immobilizer comes off Tues. or Wens, day to day, doubtful for Atlanta

Jacoby - out atleat 2 weeks

Dayne - should be good for Atlanta, wanted to go yesterday but the coaches said no. If Dayne is ok, Walker stays on the PS.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 09-24-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2007   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Killings - All good news. On his feet today.

Green - MRI showed no damage, has had a knee bruise since Week 1, hopeful for the game against Atlanta, Day to day

Andre - the immobilizer comes off Tues. or Wens, day to day, doubtful for Atlanta

Dayne - should be good for Atlanta
Jacoby makes me feel better.

I wasn't expecting Andre back this week, but I still had my hopes up.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post

Me too although I'm still upset it was at the hands of a punter who wanted to take out some "punter inferiority complex" issues.
Old 09-24-2007   #6
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Andre back on the field. So said, I pray that they don't rush him back. Sprained ligaments are vulnerable ligaments. Same goes with JJ and that shoulder.

Newsflash! "Samkon looked a little rusty."

According to the doctors - Killings had no movement initially in legs or arms. Regained feeling on the field. Has a fractured C4 vertebrae (stable fracture - not displaced) with a contusion to the spinal cord. Showing steady improvement, though, and even stood today. Premature to discuss his football career and may require additional medical attention beyond simple recovery. He still has some extremity weakness particularly in his left arm.

Sorry that was so choppy but typing notes with a speaker in my lap...

Last edited by drewmar74; 09-24-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Killings update
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #7
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Killings - All good news. On his feet today.

Dayne - should be good for Atlanta, wanted to go yesterday but the coaches said no. If Dayne is ok, Walker stays on the PS.
Sounds pretty good to mean.

Killings is excellent news, did any one see Dunta after that play? He looked scared to death and I am starting to fear for the kid...I don't know if I am a coach do you tell him to stop hitting like he does? I would tell him maybe to wrap up more.

Green sounds like he is going to play for Atlanta, but maybe he should get a week off. Because he usually plays up until the 3rd qtr and in that qtr goes out for the rest of the game.

Good news for Andre I suppose with the immobilizer coming off, sounds like he may miss another week though.

Jacoby doesn't sound as bad as it looked.

Dayne, sounds like good news, but if Mckinny and Killings are out for the year Walker may have a spot on the team especially since our two main backs are on their last legs.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2007   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

What Domanick Davis had last year was described as a knee bone bruise.

It swelled up every time he did activity.

Not a medical doctor cuz I don't like blood which is kinda like a running back who keeps getting swelling in his knees.

Just sayin.
Old 09-24-2007   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Premature to discuss his football career and may require additional medical attention beyond simple recovery.
That was the question from McClain to the doctors... I don't know about you, but that question left me with a horrible taste in my mouth.
Old 09-24-2007   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Not a medical doctor cuz I don't like blood which is kinda like a running back who keeps getting swelling in his knees.

Just sayin.

Ahh...good point I forgot all about Domanick...

It is starting to look like another need has popped up for the 2007 draft.

I think it may be time to go the Apple route and draft a young RB in the first round.
Old 09-24-2007   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
That was the question from McClain to the doctors... I don't know about you, but that question left me with a horrible taste in my mouth.

John McClain is JohnsonFan?
Old 09-24-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:

Just sayin.
Kubiak made it sound like it was just a bad bruise. Said Green had suffered the inital bruise against KC, and been working on it over the last three weeks. The swelling is due to the hits, not the activity (ar atleast that's how it sounded to me).

I think it's premature to say it compares to DD's injury.
Old 09-24-2007   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Green - Still sounds "fishy" to me...I wouldn't count on him being effective, even if he does play this wek.

Andre - Sad to hear, but not surprising - you save your Pro-Bowler if he's not ready for this game.

Jacoby - Pretty much what his Mom told me when we were walking out yesterday. It's nice having a "source" with no agenda.

Dayne - He's no Green, but our other options stink right now. At least he can move a pile a yard or two.
Old 09-24-2007   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak made it sound like it was just a bad bruise. Said Green had suffered the inital bruise against KC, and been working on it over the last three weeks. The swelling is due to the hits, not the activity (ar atleast that's how it sounded to me).

I think it's premature to say it compares to DD's injury.
Okay, there is the sort of a bruise that you get from hitting your knee into a coffee table.

And then there's the sort of bruise that is a knee bone bruise that has the possibility of making the knee not very functional.

The second is what DD had, that the Texans said he was going to be able to play with, that looked okay from the MRIs other than being a bone bruise, and that caused him to retire. CND knows more about this than I do.
Old 09-24-2007   #15
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I hope they leave Green out for Atlanta and see what the other Backs can do....We have a few easier games coming up and i'd rather Green get all the rest he can...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #16
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Ahh...good point I forgot all about Domanick...

It is starting to look like another need has popped up for the 2007 draft.

I think it may be time to go the Apple route and draft a young RB in the first round.
It was a need regardless.

Green and Dayne are just bandaids to get through 2007.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

And McKinney is out for the season.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Kubiak presser - NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post

If we can make it through ATL and Miami, which I think we can, we'll be ready to the Titans.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #19
hal698
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 hal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respectedhal698 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just good to hear about Killings. That's two this year already and the other is in Methodist. Somebody needs to invent a neck brace that attaches to the helment and to the shoulder pads that would prevent this from happening. The same thing happened to Daryl Stingley in 1981, and he has been a quadraplegic every since.
hal698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, there is the sort of a bruise that you get from hitting your knee into a coffee table.

And then there's the sort of bruise that is a knee bone bruise that has the possibility of making the knee not very functional.

The second is what DD had, that the Texans said he was going to be able to play with, that looked okay from the MRIs other than being a bone bruise, and that caused him to retire. CND knows more about this than I do.
DD had a lot of the cartiledge removed from his knee from a meniscus tear. This resulted in bone on bone contact between the femur and tibia causing inflammation, pain and swelling. From what I understand, he had to have more cartiledge removed due to "playing through the pain" and not getting his knee cleaned out and letting the cartliedge heal properly. Cartiledge gets very poor blood supply and is slow to heal. It's along the same lines as Spencer's injury without the bad break at the top of the tibia. C&D could explain this a lot better than me.
I'm sooooooooo happy for Cedric Killings. A terrible thing happened to him, but it had the best result possible, under the circumstances.
The other injuries really take a back seat for me. Those guys will play another day. Killings had his angels with him on Sunday.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read