Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2007   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default DeAngelo Hall Punished but Not Suspended

deangelo hall is gonna be severely punished by petrino....do you think they sit him next week against us?

AJC.com

discuss whether or not this will affect our situation not if hall should be....we can make a thread in nfl for that.....
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: D hall punished

If they sit him for the game it improves our situation.

Which is why coaching in the NFL is so different than college. Petrino could have easily sat him out a game if this were Louisville, I mean he could evaluate the guy behind him and if they were playing a cupcake, just makes the decision easier.

In the NFL...good luck with that. Its almost as if Dunta had did something wrong and we played the Browns next week. The Browns aren't too scary but still you'd like to have to put someone on Edwards if he breaks loose.

I think he's overrated as a corner but still he helps them a lot and hes better than Faggins, I wanted to see Dre matchup with him though and eventually destroy him.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #3
amazingandre
All Pro

man its so funny...on the falcon boards they want him to be traded away lmfao
Old 09-24-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
man its so funny...on the falcon boards they want him to be traded away lmfao
Man and depending on who we would be willing to offer I'd take him, but he may be a attitude guy and in the end these guys fail for you.
Old 09-24-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Linkage: http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...hall_0924.html

Quote:
After his third penalty, an unsportsmanlike conduct infraction for jawing with Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith, Hall came to the sideline with the rest of the defense, which thought it made a key stop following John Abraham's third-down sack of Jake Delhomme that would have forced a long field-goal attempt.

An animated Hall screamed at Petrino and assistant secondary coach Joe Whitt and had to be pushed away from Petrino by a teammate. Several players and Whitt continued to talk Hall down. Although coaches thought about pulling Hall out of the game, he was sent back in to play.

His series of penalties drastically changed the momentum as Carolina reeled off 17 unanswered points to drop the Falcons to 0-3 while improving to 2-1.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

I don't think he is totally in the wrong on this though.

Deion made a good point in that the refs seemed to only penalize Hall, according to Deion as I did not watch the game but Smith was jawing off as well and if it was just trash talk the refs should have let it go.

Hall was mad at the Coaching staff supposedly because they didn't have his back on the matter so he honestly felt he didn't do any thing wrong.
Old 09-24-2007   #7
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is unlikely they will sit him next week if they didn't pull during the game after yelling at his head coach.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2007   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
PETRINO: 'SIGNIFICANT DISCIPLINE' FOR HALL by Michael David Smith

Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said at his press conference on Monday that there will be "significant discipline" for cornerback DeAngelo Hall after Hall got three penalties for 67 yards on one drive and then had a sideline confrontation with Petrino Sunday.

Hall, who has gone to the last two Pro Bowls, could be suspended for next week's game against the Houston Texans.

"We certainly don't like the actions that took place on the field and do not like the actions that happened on the sideline and that's something that we'll deal with," Petrino said. "There will be substantial discipline. It will be handled in-house."

Hall actually played well for most of the game. He was matched up with Panthers receiver Steve Smith most of the time, and Smith finished with just one catch for 10 yards. But during the third quarter Hall got a 37-yard pass interference penalty, followed by a 15-yard personal foul penalty after the next play, followed by a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty three plays later.

Then Hall went to the sideline and appeared to be screaming at Petrino and assistant defensive backs coach Joe Whitt Jr.

Petrino wouldn't answer when asked if the team would suspend Hall, but he did say, "We're keeping all our options open."
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Take it for what it's worth coming from PFT.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

They want to give him away I think the Texans could use him. We'll send them another #2 for their problem child (Hell, why not make it 3 years in a row that we have no second round pick) and we'll get him back there with Dunta & Co.

I know they don't want to give him away (and won't I'm sure) but I think this coaching staff is turning the Texans into a team that people enjoy playing for. I think they insist on respect from their players and give it back to them. I'd consider Hall to be "manageable"
Old 09-24-2007   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think theres a good chance he could be suspended by the team and forced to miss next weeks game.

They didn't pull him during the game because they had a good shot to win. I think if AJ is listed as out, they'll sit Hall to make an example of him
Old 09-24-2007   #11
amazingandre
All Pro

omg id love to have hall but i doubt they get rid of him.....he is their best defensive player IMO.....he held smith to one catch for 10 yds.......he and drob would be amazing....hey d rob and d hall haha nice
Old 09-24-2007   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hes a 2 time probowler, so I doubt they give him away

that being said, he is super overrated. He has great games where he totally shuts down guys and then goes and gets annihilated by guys the next week
Old 09-24-2007   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no way we could afford D-Rob and D-Hall, both are FAs after next year.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still want to find out more about him getting his arse kicked in the locker room.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Hes a 2 time probowler, so I doubt they give him away

that being said, he is super overrated. He has great games where he totally shuts down guys and then goes and gets annihilated by guys the next week
Yeah I think he's overrated too.

But he's 23 or 24 and like you say, he shuts down some impressive WRs then goes next week and doesn't...it could be a matter of coaching and motivation. Maybe he only gets up when he finds out a pro bowl WR is coming to town. But he's so young he can still develop into a great corner.

With that said the Falcons are unlikely to give him up unless he wants to get out or if there is a interesting offer on the table. Since we really didn't hurt them too much in our trade for Schaub I don't think thier FO is stupid. Yeah the Schaub deal looks bad for them now but at first it looked pretty good for them.

At the same time if he's as cocky as I think he is there is probably no way he takes a pay cut to be on a good team. Although it would be nice to have him as a CB if he isn't a attitude guy. While he is overrated he's still a very good CB and he's young.
Old 09-24-2007   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Realistically I think we go CB in the draft next year or, it might be worth our while to find another Aaron Glenn out there. We look for a somewhat older and respectable player out there who has a few years left in him and use our draft to get that OL and Safety position squared away.
Old 09-24-2007   #17
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't he drafted the same year as D-Rob? I'd love to have this guy on our team if we could only give up a 2nd rounder in 2 years and next years 3rd, with the promise of giving him a nice pay raise next year when we free up cap space by restructuring his contract.

Now, before I get slammed for making the suggestion on draft picks, it would free us up to do something else with our 1st round pick, whether it be a safety, wr, rb, lb, ol, or whatever path we choose. This would most likely solidify our needs at CB for a long time, remove our need to get one in the draft or FA next year, and immediately improve our team this season. It would help our d-line, especially against the Colts, due to the ability to comfortably jam their receivers. I know he's being criticized for being hot under the collar, but I personally haven't heard of anything like this before from him (if there is something let me know, please) and it seems like he just doesn't want to be there anymore. He seems as passionate as D-Rob at his position, but I may be wrong.

Granted, this would probably never happen, especially with how things turned out with the Schaub trade, but I'd be game to give it a shot.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #18
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else see Rod Woodson on the NFLN before the game predict this to a point. He said Hall was arrogant and really was not a good coverage guy and was highly overrated and was making a name for himself by being flashy. He predicted Steve Smith would frustrate him and blown him away. Looks like he nailed that one.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
There's no way we could afford D-Rob and D-Hall, both are FAs after next year.
Sure they could. The Texans are looking at $30+ mil in cap space next year with Fred Weary as about the biggest guy to resign from the current team. Not likely to happen, but the Texans could make the move if they want just like they could go after Asante Samuels.
Old 09-25-2007   #20
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's PFT but I found this rather interesting and kind of funny :

Quote:
As we reported last night, there are rumors that Hall was beaten up by one or more teammates in the locker room after the game. One reader described the rumored incident as a "Code Red."
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If that's true then it looks like Petrino wasn't lying about Hall's punishment being 'in house'. I can see the presser now ...

"Hall's beating, while tragic, probably WINS GAMES. My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, WINS GAMES. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me on that sideline, you NEED me on that sideline ... "
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read