Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2007   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Must make a sacrifice....

to the football gods, because we have obviously offended them in some manner. With all these injuries, its the only logical assumption. So before the start of next Sunday's game i'll be sacrificing an old texan jersey to the appease the football gods. I recommend all true texan fans offer some sort of sacrifice themselves. Let us know what your going to sacrifice. If there are any Bears fans on this board, I recommend you do so also!
Old 09-24-2007   #2
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Default Re: Must make a sacrifice....

This is probably a good idea, really.

You've got to make it something good, though. Crappy sacrifices only make the gods angry.
TooManyWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyWeapons View Post
This is probably a good idea, really.

You've got to make it something good, though. Crappy sacrifices only make the gods angry.
yeah, the football gods make you take off your shoes in their presence.
Old 09-24-2007   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

These injuries were sacrifices to the football gods. The Texans showed up, they played one of the best teams in the NFL hard and they paid in neck injuries, torn ligaments, and seperated shoulders.

The football gods will be merciful in coming weeks. If they Texans continue to play hard and practice hard they will be rewarded with wins over the Falcons and Dolphins and become 4-1 for the first time ever. Then many of their injured players will return to them and the season will continue.
Old 09-24-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
to the football gods, because we have obviously offended them in some manner. With all these injuries, its the only logical assumption. So before the start of next Sunday's game i'll be sacrificing an old texan jersey to the appease the football gods. I recommend all true texan fans offer some sort of sacrifice themselves. Let us know what your going to sacrifice. If there are any Bears fans on this board, I recommend you do so also!
Well I might be sacrificing my Mario Williams replica Jersey (only texan jersey i own). this is not b/c I dislike Mario or anything, quite the contrary. I bought the jersey after the '06 season at Academy because it was on sale for $29.99. I have now worn it twice- the TB preseason game and the Colts game this sunday. Our record w/ me wearing the jersey 0-2, record w/o the jersey 5-0. Maybe it was on sale for a reasone- bad luck.

It may be going in the closet and staying there..it looks pretty I think I may need to get a Matt Schaub jersey and hopefully we play better when I wear the jersey.

With going to the ATL game next weekend, it might be a perfect time to start.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read