Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2007   #121
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My least favorite excuses today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So, if Faggins is a decent nickel back, shift him over to the slot WR on 3-wide sets and play Fletcher + a safety on the outside. I suspect we'd see that Faggins isn't any better at nickel, but I'm open to finding out for sure, and the coaching staff can work on masking that weakness at CB2 instead of weakening two spots.
I suppose there isn't a good enough reason not to insert fletcher as the # 2 CB & let faggins play the nickel. But it's like Vinny said, neither are comparable to Dunta right now so you're likely going to see the same thing happening to fletcher. As many CB's that we've had opposite of Dunta over the years (Buchanon, Sanders, Faggins & Glenn), for the most part, their fate has been the same, especially against the colts.

That's the reality i think you guys aren't grasping. Change for the sake of change doesn't mean better results. Plus i have to believe that kubes would make that move in a heartbeat if he felt it would make the team better.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #122
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it may be time to give Bennett a try. He's not real physical but he appears to be a good cover corner. He's tall with long arms and has exellent speed. He just needs expirience and now would be a good time for him to get the time he needs with Atlanta and Miami next on the schedule.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #123
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I think it may be time to give Bennett a try. He's not real physical but he appears to be a good cover corner. He's tall with long arms and has exellent speed. He just needs expirience and now would be a good time for him to get the time he needs with Atlanta and Miami next on the schedule.
Bennet is hurt, which is way he was inactive last week. Plus he's a rookie that is still learning assignments/coverages, he's not ready.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #124
real

Normally back-ups don't get a shot until they start making plays.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read