Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2007   #41
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My least favorite excuses today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Did his contract, draft position, biography or anything to that extent say NICKEL or CORNERBACK.

MY GOSH people,

FAGGINS IS AN NFL CB, A STARTER IN THE NFL, AND SHOULD PLAY LIKE ONE!
Please listen, is has been said several times. Petey is ONLY starting cuase we have no better options. His true position in the NFL is as a nickel CB, not a starter.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #42
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Yeah right. If Harrison had burned Faggins for a couple of TDs and we hade been truly blown out...you's till be all over him. Same thing if we had blitzed and gotten burned.
If Harrison had burned Faggins the way that Steve Smith did last week - yes, I would. If Faggins were burned while trying for an INT or something, a la the TO reception in preseason where Dunta totally missed - no I would not. I even give Faggins a break on the first TD to Steve Smith last week. Steve Smith does that to people. On the second TD (the one in the endzone), Faggins just didn't turn his head around and play the ball. He had position, but he played it like a rookie. That is the kind of stuff I gig Faggins for.
Old 09-24-2007   #43
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I swear I remember reading about his guy named C.C Brown that everybody was saying the weakest link on the team, and I think I was reading it last year. Then there was all this talk about the lack of a pass rush, and the weakest link where the 1st round picks on the D-line.

Can somebody please tell me who the real weakest link is?
Yeah I wasn't on this board last year. The only players that I remember dogging were Matt Stevens, David Carr, and then Petey Faggins..
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #44
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, Lee Evans, the list goes on...

I agree with him being on the field by default. Blame has to be put somewhere though. He has been our CB2 for awhile now, and I have no idea who, in our organization, thinks he's the best for our team.
It would be safe to say that the coaches think he is the best option for our team since he's been starting. And unlike the previous regime, I trust this coaching staff and FO.
Old 09-24-2007   #45
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't on this board last year. The only players that I remember dogging were Matt Stevens, David Carr, and then Petey Faggins..
CC was being dogged as little as a week ago. And I love how Boulware is taking no heat for being abused by Clark all day. I really think some people are using Faggins as a scapegoat. I just can't figure out why?
Old 09-24-2007   #46
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It would be safe to say that the coaches think he is the best option for our team since he's been starting. And unlike the previous regime, I trust this coaching staff and FO.
Everyone has a vice, and this regime's is CB2. I guess it could be worse...
Old 09-24-2007   #47
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If Harrison had burned Faggins the way that Steve Smith did last week - yes, I would. If Faggins were burned while trying for an INT or something, a la the TO reception in preseason where Dunta totally missed - no I would not. I even give Faggins a break on the first TD to Steve Smith last week. Steve Smith does that to people. On the second TD (the one in the endzone), Faggins just didn't turn his head around and play the ball. He had position, but he played it like a rookie. That is the kind of stuff I gig Faggins for.
I'd say he played it like a guy who shouldn't be a starting NFL CB, and Faggins is not. But sadly he is the best option we have and barring a trade the only option (Fletcher is not an option, atleast if we base it on his play yesterday).
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2007   #48
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
CC was being dogged as little as a week ago. And I love how Boulware is taking no heat for being abused by Clark all day. I really think some people are using Faggins as a scapegoat. I just can't figure out why?
Because some people can key on trends.

Quote:
I'd say he played it like a guy who shouldn't be a starting NFL CB, and Faggins is not. But sadly he is the best option we have and barring a trade the only option (Fletcher is not an option, atleast if we base it on his play yesterday).
On that, we can agree.
Old 09-24-2007   #49
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Boulware has a bad day... It's one bad game.

But Faggins gives up big plays in back to back games, and many times before that.

Seriously, man it should'nt hurt to look at this objectively. Other teams score on his side, consistently.
Old 09-24-2007   #50
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, Lee Evans, the list goes on...

I agree with him being on the field by default. Blame has to be put somewhere though. He has been our CB2 for awhile now, and I have no idea who, in our organization, thinks he's the best for our team.
I think we should start Champ Bailey. Oh wait, he doesn't play for the Texans.

Basically, the Texans defense in 2005 was Dunta Robinson and Mr. Nobody. A bunch of try hard guys, some young guys, and old guys or slacker old guys. Look at the roster from 2005. They had a lot of changes to make and you can't make them all at once.
Old 09-24-2007   #51
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is football, you don't play damage control from the start of the game. You go out and hit them in the mouth and figure out the best time to apply pressure. You have to blitz the Colts to have a chance at winning.

Remember who beat these guys? Teams like the Steelers and Pats.
Were you watching those games???
While you are watching those games, why don't you review the personnel for those two teams!

Palamalu and Harrison are elite safeties that are critical to confusing Manning.

Point is, the Texans need a few more pieces on defense to go after Manning. This is arguably one of the best offenses of all time! Give it break, the Texans don't have to personnel to go toe to toe.

The more big plays you give up to Manning for TDs, the more possessions Manning gets. Do you really want to to do that?

For all your complaining, the Texans still had an outside shot at that game.

The personnel has to be there. Just like Carr last year meant Kubiak could only run a fraction of the offense, same with Faggins as the 2nd corner. They'll fix it in the offseason.

We have several more weeks before we play an elite WR. Sit back and enjoy the ride man.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #52
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

What I 'd like to see is Faggins do something other than his patented "try to catch up and flail the arms about in an attempt to hit the ball cuz I just got burned AGAIN" move.I'm done whining about the guy, but I sure do hope we use some of our extra cap room next year to get a SOLID #2 CB and not one "pressed into service". I would not be adverse to seeing what Fletcher or anyone else can do just to see something a little different.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #53
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
If we are just making-do with what we have then we should try him out. You are saying that Fletcher can't play nickel and Faggins can. Why not switch them and see how it works?
Old 09-24-2007   #54
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Boulware has a bad day... It's one bad game.

But Faggins give up big plays in back to back games.

Seriously, man it should'nt hurt to look at this objectively. Other teams score on his side, consistently.
Agaist the two fo the best WRs in the NFL. In the second half on the Carolina game, Petey played pretty well, espically after the coaches put D-Rob on Smith (where he should have been from the start).

And how am I not being objective, I've said several times that Faggins is not a starting CB caliber CB; but a) I do not think there is a better option on the roster and b) when/if Faggins is move back to the nickel CB his play will improve (he has shown that he can and will make plays as the nickel guy).
Old 09-24-2007   #55
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
If we are just making-do with what we have then we should try him out. You are saying that Fletcher can't play nickel and Faggins can. Why not switch them and see how it works?
Because Fletcher can't even play as the nickel CB that well, that's why you don't switch them.

Bennet is probably the onl y option to replace Faggins but a) he's injuried and b) as a rookie he needs more reps in practice before starting (and some actual game time would be nice, too).
Old 09-24-2007   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fletcher was struggling to cover the Colts rookie....I personally think that Faggins is clearly the better player even with all the holes in his game. Faggins turns and runs better, is quicker and is better in coverage....so I guess I'm saying that I don't think much of Fletcher. Fletcher is a better tackler.....he has that going for him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #57
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think we should start Champ Bailey. Oh wait, he doesn't play for the Texans.

Basically, the Texans defense in 2005 was Dunta Robinson and Mr. Nobody. A bunch of try hard guys, some young guys, and old guys or slacker old guys. Look at the roster from 2005. They had a lot of changes to make and you can't make them all at once.
Have you played football?

Does anyone in this thread realize that this is about the team? About a defensive unit?

Come on... For years it has been the same. You bench the guy that lets your team down that much. How do you think the front four feel whenever they get good pressure, but Faggins gives up the score because he can't hold up his end of the job? They ran the ball at him twice on the goalline, and neither time did he look like an NFL corner and both times they scored.
Old 09-24-2007   #58
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have you played football?

Does anyone in this thread realize that this is about the team? About a defensive unit?

Come on... For years it has been the same. You bench the guy that lets your team down that much. How do you think the front four feel whenever they get good pressure, but Faggins gives up the score because he can't hold up his end of the job? They ran the ball at him twice on the goalline, and neither time did he look like an NFL corner and both times they scored.
You don't bench a player and put in a worse player....have you coached football?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #59
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Agaist the two fo the best WRs in the NFL. In the second half on the Carolina game, Petey played pretty well, espically after the coaches put D-Rob on Smith (where he should have been from the start).

And how am I not being objective, I've said several times that Faggins is not a starting CB caliber CB; but a) I do not think there is a better option on the roster and b) when/if Faggins is move back to the nickel CB his play will improve (he has shown that he can and will make plays as the nickel guy).
I edited my post to let you know that this is greater than two games...
Old 09-24-2007   #60
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You don't bench a player and put in a worse player....have you coached football?
Umm, Vinny my life is football. You always give the other guy a shot...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read