Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jake Delhomme injured

so the 2002 #1 pick BUST beat the 2002 #3 pick BUST

You can't beat Carr when he's wearing his pretty white gloves, he's incredible.

Here's Carr's game stats. They look eerily familiar.....

3rd Quarter
1-10-ATL 29 (2:00) 17-J.Delhomme pass short right to 45-B.Hoover to ATL 27 for 2 yards (59-M.Boley). CAR-17-J.Delhomme was injured during the play. He is Out.
2-8-ATL 27 (1:23) 8-D.Carr pass incomplete deep left to 83-K.Colbert.
Timeout #1 by ATL at 01:18.
3-8-ATL 27 (1:18) 8-D.Carr pass short right to 86-C.Fauria to ATL 19 for 8 yards (25-C.Crocker). PENALTY on ATL-98-J.Anderson, Roughing the Passer, 9 yards, enforced at ATL 19.

4th Quarter

2-7-CAR 15 (12:49) 8-D.Carr pass deep right to 83-K.Colbert to ATL 47 for 38 yards (23-C.Houston).
2-9-ATL 34 (10:08) 8-D.Carr pass short left to 89-S.Smith pushed ob at ATL 24 for 10 yards (36-L.Milloy).
3-7-ATL 21 (8:15) 8-D.Carr sacked at ATL 31 for -10 yards (25-C.Crocker).

All I could find is from SI. and it's a elbow injury, today should clear up how bad it is. Jake took himself out, as being a hero wasn't needed, he counted on Carr to put up some winning pts. Seems to Jake it was just a strain from a couple of plays before he took himself out. It happened in the 3rd Quarter, score was tied 17, 17.

I've seen a pitcher in baseball grab his elbow and walk off but never a QB .

FWIW, it looked like Delhomme was grabbing the upper forearm just under the elbow on the outside part of the arm. Lots of tendons attaching in there... might just be tendonitis.

I thought Carr was in mourning of the passing of Marcel Marceau.

I watched the game after the Texans went off.

Carr was obviously moved by the passing of Marcel but if you watched him on the sidelines it was more a celebration than mourning. David was gleefully doing so mime routines to some less than enthusiastic onlookers including the punter, a couple of waterboys, and a CSC employee who couldn't leave his post. He did some of the "man stuck in the box" followed by something that looked like a tea party with him sitting in an invisible chair. He concluded the routine with a pantomimed pass play which resulted with him going fetal on the sidelines.

It was a little awkward to watch.

I watched the game after the Texans went off.

Carr was obviously moved by the passing of Marcel but if you watched him on the sidelines it was more a celebration than mourning. David was gleefully doing so mime routines to some less than enthusiastic onlookers including the punter, a couple of waterboys, and a CSC employee who couldn't leave his post. He did some of the "man stuck in the box" followed by something that looked like a tea party with him sitting in an invisible chair. He concluded the routine with a pantomimed pass play which resulted with him going fetal on the sidelines.

It was a little awkward to watch.

LMAO...that is hilarious!

all the carr lovers have a woody over his great hand-offs yesterday. Did anyone see Toro with the huge white gloves yesterday? I think I know who he was mocking.

Heck, I've got no problems with Carr bringing his 3rd win in a row, you know the 1st was the win over the Colts last year. Mime that. lol

If I had to put the win vs. the Colt's last year on any one person, it would be Ron Dayne not Carr.

My $0.02

As sure as my board name is mr. tex, i knew there'd be a thread on this today, even after we've already smashed the panthers. why can't we just this dude go on about his business folks?

all the carr lovers have a woody over his great hand-offs yesterday.

I thought that 38 yard hand-off to Colbert was pretty nice.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes if he gets the start next week.

yeah, he was in the NEZ with some massive beach ball sized white gloves on at one time...wish I got the picture.

I've seen fans in attendance dressed as Super Mario, the hallmark of that is these huge white gloves. IDK, maybe he could've gotten himself a pair? I'm sure someone has a picture of fans dressed up like this.

david-carr-gloves.jpg

"You get good grip with it, you don't have to lick your fingers and tell the defense you're throwing the ball every time you walk to the line of scrimmage. I feel like I have better security with the football in the pocket. ... It can make a big difference if you're used to it."

Back