Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2007   #41
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RBs for Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
A running back that can't out run a DT?

There is a reason no one bothered to pick him up
And the same (that nobody bothered to pick him up) can be said about Walker, so what's your point?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: RBs for Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
A running back that can't out run a DT?

There is a reason no one bothered to pick him up
There's a reason Walker went undrafted and got cut by us. LOL, we'll agree to disagree.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #43
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Lundy v. Walker, I take Lundy. I know what I am getting.
IMO, Lundy is not a very good RB. Then again, neither is Dayne and Gado. So, pick your poison.
Old 09-25-2007   #44
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Running Game?

Lundy has already proved he is not an NFL back
Walker has potential, we have no idea what we are getting.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #45
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMO, Lundy is not a very good RB. Then again, neither is Dayne and Gado. So, pick your poison.
I agree about Lundy, I think even less of Walker, but that's just my opinion.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-25-2007   #46
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
There's a reason Walker went undrafted and got cut by us. LOL, we'll agree to disagree.
Yes, because undrafted free agents never pan out.

tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #47
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Yes, because undrafted free agents never pan out.

Please don't tell me you are expecting Walker to come in and be the next Priest Holmes are you? Holmes' situation coming into the draft was fairly different then Walker's. Holmes as a FB his last years at UT, Walker was the featured back; being the biggest difference.
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2007   #48
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Running Game?

LMFAO, did you just compare Walker to Holmes?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-25-2007   #49
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Please don't tell me you are expecting Walker to come in and be the next Priest Holmes are you? Holmes' situation coming into the draft was fairly different then Walker's. Holmes as a FB his last years at UT, Walker was the featured back; being the biggest difference.
No, I'm not saying that he is going to be Priest Holmes. I am saying that where you are drafted (or not drafted) is irrelevant. There have been too many cases to name where late draft picks have out performed high draft picks.

Wasn't Chris Taylor undrafted too?
Old 09-25-2007   #50
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree about Lundy, I think even less of Walker, but that's just my opinion.
True, but I think Walker has more potential than Lundy ever had.

Eh..either way, other than a healthy Green our RB corps is less than desirable.
Old 09-25-2007   #51
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
No, I'm not saying that he is going to be Priest Holmes. I am saying that where you are drafted (or not drafted) is irrelevant. There have been too many cases to name where late draft picks have out performed high draft picks.

Chris Taylor was never cut by the team during training camp.
Old 09-25-2007   #52
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:

Walker's college play + the fact we cut him from our roster once already tells me he's nothing much on the field.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-25-2007   #53
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Walker's college play + the fact we cut him from our roster once already tells me he's nothing much on the field.
Yes, we cut him and when he came back was much improved. He admits that he was down on himself for going undrafted and Kubiak has said that he was much improved when we re-signed him.

I don't see anything wrong with his college play. He didn't put up crazy numbers, but he also was in a pass heavy offense. He was also probably the only ND player who actually played a good game in the Sugar Bowl last year against LSU's defense.

Now, is he going to turn out to be a perennial pro bowler or even a one time pro bowler? Probably not, but we won't know until he gets a shot and he surely can't be any worse than Gado.
Old 09-25-2007   #54
real

I'd rather bring Wali back.
Old 09-25-2007   #55
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans | Green expected to play Week 4
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:06:05 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (knee) is expected to play Week 4.

Texans | Dayne will likely play Week 4
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:05:46 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Housotn Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ron Dayne (ribs) should practice this week and will likely play Week 4.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I'd rather see Green and Dayne back on the field in week 4 than Lundy or Walker.
Old 09-25-2007   #56
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I seam to remember Darius Walker being named on Ourlads annual "laddie awards" as the most underappreciated RB in the 07 draft class- then he went undrafted, signed by the Texans, cut, then re-signed to the practice squad

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #57
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I seam to remember Darius Walker being named on Ourlads annual "laddie awards" as the most underappreciated RB in the 07 draft class- then he went undrafted, signed by the Texans, cut, then re-signed to the practice squad
They must be wrong about him because he was undrafted. He can't be any good. Draft position determines the quality of player. Look at Reggie Bush for evidence.
Old 09-25-2007   #58
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans running game hasnt looked all thet impressive no matter who is toting the rock . Green has been the most effective when healthy putting up an avg of 4.3 .
The only other back to avg 3.0 or better is Jameel Cook who has 5 carries for 15 yards . Ron Dayne who played well Vs. the Chiefs has a dismal avg of 2.5 . Samkon Gado is even worse at 2.0 . Those numbers are erily similar to seasons past . The team avg. is 3.2 per carry which is 28th in the NFL . (Here's a SHOCKER .... San Diego is 32nd @ 2.4 while Cleveland and Pittsburgh are tied at the top @ 5.5)
Greens avg of 4.3 is acceptable .... but to me is deceptive . There are too many plays that are for negative yards or little to no gain .

Sometimes I want to blame the O-line for not creating lanes . Others Its the back .... Others still I think its the system . Fact is even with Green this team dosnt have a good running attack they have just enough to get by and nothing more .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They must be wrong about him because he was undrafted. He can't be any good. Draft position determines the quality of player. Look at Reggie Bush for evidence.
your reading way to much into it. history shows for whatever the reason he remains underappreciated or for better use of words underused

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #60
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

I think it's the offensive line, it looks like there are never any holes to run through. I think it will take a couple offseasons to retool our offensive line into one that can run-block as well as pass-block.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read