Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2007   #21
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheap shots or Hard Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
I said it was a LATE hit not a cheap shot so, ok.

It was a LATE hit.
OK so you said it was a late hit. You also said it was a helmet in the back. It was not.
Old 09-23-2007   #22
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the most embarassing thread ever.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #23
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what kind of kool aid Koolaiid Time has been drinking but it reeks of something mighty rotten.

I sat pat while Johnsonfan pads his posts.

I sat pat when threetoedpete went on his drunken Colts rampage.

I won't sit pat here. This thread is wrong on so many levels. It must be locked. I won't settle for anything less.

Ahman Green is a running back. The running back job title requires one to accept a devasating blow after another.

Centers regularly go against 300 plus pound guys.

Jacoby was about to bring one back before he got nailed.

Killings' career is in jeopardy and he himself is the one who delivered that devastating blow.

After seeing the Colts players themselves huddle up and bow their own heads for Killings... this thread just disrespects Texan Nation in the worst way possible.

I would be proud to play the Indianapolis Colts anyday. I'm proud to have them in the AFC South along with the Houston Texans. All class the Colts are.

I have to demand that this thread be locked.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 09-23-2007 at 11:01 PM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #24
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
OK so you said it was a late hit. You also said it was a helmet in the back. It was not.

I also said it was to Daniels and I meant Putzier.
I watched a replay and it was a shoulder.
but it was LATE.
Which does not mean I agree with the op that they played cheap-shot ball. Just saying that was late.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #25
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Colts are a better team than we are.

Plain and simple.
CORRECTION

they WON the game, they are not BETTER or they would have embarassed us like they did in game 1 of 2006. We were down 2 Wrs & 2 RBs and we lost by 6 points..define BETTER
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #26
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It was the punter that tackled Jacoby...i guess since he hardly gets to tackle anyone he might as well give it his best effort.

On an unrelated note, Hunter Smith made Matt Turk look like Chad Stanley (I just referenced 3 punters in one sentence...that has to be a first). He was absolutely booming the ball today.
Agreed. You can cry all you want about the thread tilte. The fact was this team got punched in the mouth by a better, tougher football team. I didn't see the punter ask JJ to tea. But he got his chance to drive the kids shoulder into the ground, he took his oportunity will vim and vigar. And he walked out of relaint today with JJ's scalp on his lodge pole . What is bothersome to me is that no one retaliated. Maybe we got a bunch of steers instaed of bulls. We just got intimadated. Maybe there are still too many folks worried about their personal rice bowls and not about the team. All I know the GD punter shouldn't have left reliant unscathed.
Old 09-24-2007   #27
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSB07 View Post
CORRECTION

they WON the game, they are not BETTER or they would have embarassed us like they did in game 1 of 2006. We were down 2 Wrs & 2 RBs and we lost by 6 points..define BETTER
And last year they were down three DT's and Bob Sanders. It wasn't tallent today. It was adittude. People who were in a position to make plays for us didn't. Every unit, every group. From the recochet off of JJ's hat, to Marlon's day at the beach with the FF eight inches from him, no one played the way a play off team plays in the crunch. The defeat was in toto and complete. Time to kick the crutch of "expansion" away. The colts punched us in the mouth all afternoon and we had no answer. People didn't stand up today for us. Pointing fingers at this point in time is pointless. They gotta grow up. Do they want the play off run or not ? Dungy beat us the way he beats every one...get ahead and watch the ralley with 33 seconds left fail.

They're not just better, they are decidedly better. The only way we catch them is if they get, just like last year, the injury bug. Their roster is better than ours. But we're gaining. At least it wasn't a thirty point loss.
Old 09-24-2007   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
And last year they were down three DT's and Bob Sanders. It wasn't tallent today. It was adittude. People who were in a position to make plays for us didn't. Every unit, every group. From the recochet off of JJ's hat, to Marlon's day at the beach with the FF eight inches from him, no one played the way a play off team plays in the crunch. The defeat was in toto and complete. Time to kick the crutch of "expansion" away. The colts punched us in the mouth all afternoon and we had no answer. People didn't stand up today for us. Pointing fingers at this point in time is pointless. They gotta grow up. Do they want the play off run or not ? Dungy beat us the way he beats every one...get ahead and watch the ralley with 33 seconds left fail.

They're not just better, they are decidedly better. The only way we catch them is if they get, just like last year, the injury bug. Their roster is better than ours. But we're gaining. At least it wasn't a thirty point loss.
they're 6 points better thats all & Andre Johnson means as much to our offense as Bob Sanders does to their defense. so parden to differ, cause usually I don't but they not only have more talent, they also have more experience, a system thats been in place a while plus the face of the NFL in Peyton Manning. I'm not being a the Texans gave it everything they had & left it on the field, I just wish the fans could the same

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #29
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Ugly thread, but great response from Texans fans.

Every forum has it's arrtards, but by and large you guys conduct yourselves with class.

Your team got banged up - BAD - but you will recover. As I said in another post, this is much better to have happen early in the season than late.

As for the Sanders hit - yes, I saw it. I thought it was late too, but this is the thing you've got to understand about Bob Sanders - he was probably already in the air before the ball carrier was stopped. The guy is like a rocket launcher.

As for Hunter Smith injuring Jones on the return... Yeah, that wasn't pretty. The tackle didn't look bad at first but I did see Jones' shoulder go into the ground on replay. Thing is, Hunter doesn't tackle much. He was just making sure he didn't screw it up.
TooManyWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyWeapons View Post
Ugly thread, but great response from Texans fans.

Every forum has it's arrtards, but by and large you guys conduct yourselves with class.

Your team got banged up - BAD - but you will recover. As I said in another post, this is much better to have happen early in the season than late.

As for the Sanders hit - yes, I saw it. I thought it was late too, but this is the thing you've got to understand about Bob Sanders - he was probably already in the air before the ball carrier was stopped. The guy is like a rocket launcher.

As for Hunter Smith injuring Jones on the return... Yeah, that wasn't pretty. The tackle didn't look bad at first but I did see Jones' shoulder go into the ground on replay. Thing is, Hunter doesn't tackle much. He was just making sure he didn't screw it up.

Hunter whacked JJ on the neck right as he was tackling him to the ground. I thought it was a deliberate hit meant to injure, at first. I was so POd I was screaming for a personal foul penalty and wanted to climb over the rail and beat the crap out of him. lol BUT, in hindsite, I just don't know. THe only person who knows if it was deliberate is the punter. Truthfully, simply because I don't want to think poorly of the Colts, I think Hunter Smith was just trying to bring JJ down, and ugly or not, he succeeded.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #31
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Hunter whacked JJ on the neck right as he was tackling him to the ground. I thought it was a deliberate hit meant to injure, at first. I was so POd I was screaming for a personal foul penalty and wanted to climb over the rail and beat the crap out of him. lol BUT, in hindsite, I just don't know. THe only person who knows if it was deliberate is the punter. Truthfully, simply because I don't want to think poorly of the Colts, I think Hunter Smith was just trying to bring JJ down, and ugly or not, he succeeded.
I'm not in his head, but I would be BLOWN AWAY if he was deliberately trying to injure Jones.

Here's the thing - he's a punter. He's not exactly doing tackling drills in practice every day - he's not experienced at it and probably doesn't do it very well. If it had been a dedicated defensive player or special teams coverage personnel who hit him I'm sure it would have been a cleaner hit... as it was, I think he was just trying to stop the guy somehow.

Besides, deliberately trying to injure other players is not, nor has it ever been, how Dungy and the Colts play ball.
Old 09-24-2007   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not in his head, but I would be BLOWN AWAY if he was deliberately trying to injure Jones.

Here's the thing - he's a punter. He's not exactly doing tackling drills in practice every day - he's not experienced at it and probably doesn't do it very well. If it had been a dedicated defensive player or special teams coverage personnel who hit him I'm sure it would have been a cleaner hit... as it was, I think he was just trying to stop the guy somehow.

Besides, deliberately trying to injure other players is not, nor has it ever been, how Dungy and the Colts play ball.
I agree. I didn't see anything wrong with the tackle. JJ just landed the wrong way.

The punter saved a TD. If it was Turk making the tackle on y'alls returner, it would've been an outstanding TD saving tackle.

Anyways, it was a hard fought game and the Colts just made a play or two more than we did. I just wish it wouldn't have been so costly for our team.

Good luck
Old 09-24-2007   #33
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

The only one I had a problem with was Hunter Smith. I wouldn't say it was a dirty play, but maybe an unneccesary one would be a better description. It was clear that Jacoby was already on the way out of bounds. A slight push would have done the trick. Instead, he jumped on him like he was some kind of horse, and slammed his shoulder into the turf, thus causing the injury. Again, it was a borderline clean play, but a clean play doesn't mean it was neccessary. I was perturbed about that one. The rest were just the football gods once again giving the finger to Houston football fans.
Old 09-24-2007   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree, it has never been the Colts style to do that. At first I wasn't sure WHO brought JJ down. I didn't know it was the punter until later.
Probably just one of those moments in a punters logic of "CRAP, I've got to bring this guy down!! How the hell am I suppose to do that!" lol

Last edited by SheTexan; 09-24-2007 at 11:34 AM.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #35
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I just wish it wouldn't have been so costly for our team.
Me too. That sucks.
Old 09-24-2007   #36
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Lame.
Old 09-25-2007   #37
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
The only one I had a problem with was Hunter Smith. I wouldn't say it was a dirty play, but maybe an unneccesary one would be a better description. It was clear that Jacoby was already on the way out of bounds. A slight push would have done the trick. Instead, he jumped on him like he was some kind of horse, and slammed his shoulder into the turf, thus causing the injury. Again, it was a borderline clean play, but a clean play doesn't mean it was neccessary. I was perturbed about that one. The rest were just the football gods once again giving the finger to Houston football fans.
I doubt Hunter was looking at the sideline, just the back of Jacoby and he did not want give up another ST TD to us.

And if you want to look at a cheap shot, check out the hit Wilfork does to Losman in the Buffalo/Pats game, it was a clear forearm shiver to the planted leg of Losman. Looked like a cheap shot to me.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #38
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

I still haven't seen a replay of how Steve injured his knee...

The sad thing is that with this injury his career is about over.. At his age its tough to rehab. It won't ever be like before.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the NFL replay on the NFLN, I only saw one play that could be somewhat construed as a late hit. It was Bob Sanders putting his shoulder in that back of Daniels or Putzier after he was down. It was just one of those plays, and not indicative of a cheap shotting team, or even suggesting that Sanders is dirty...

Again, it was just one of those plays that could have been called but wasn't and had absolutely NO influence on the outcome of the game...
Old 09-25-2007   #40
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched that play over and over, looking for what it was that some of found dirty or unethical about how he was tackled. That punter didn't hav any time to consider his options on how to tackle Jones. All that was in his mind, at that moment, was that Jones was going to score, and he was the last one who could do anything about it. It was just another NFL type of tackle.

Yeah, it sucks bigtime that Jacoby got hurt. But it dang sure will not be the last. He's a receiver in the NFL now, not back in Lane college. When he comes back, he's going to have to go over the middle sometime. He's going to get clothes-lined, he's going to helicoptered, he's going to get clobbered, and that's only when he gets a pass thrown to him. Other tmes, he's going to be needed to block. He's going to needed to take out a safety. Other times, depending on the defensive call, he might end up taking on a middle linebacker, like Ray Lewis.

Welcome to the NFL, Jacoby Jones.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read