Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2007   #1
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cheap shots or Hard Play?

Send the MASH Unit to Relaint...

Opinions .. were all these injuries as result of good old hard playing football.....

or was it a Colts cheapshot extravaganza???

I see something forming lwiththe Colts like Oilers-Steelers in the late 70's...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #2
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheap shots or Hard Play?

Indy doesn't take a lot of cheap shots.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Send the MASH Unit to Relaint...

Opinions .. were all these injuries as result of good old hard playing football.....

or was it a Colts cheapshot extravaganza???

I see something forming lwiththe Colts like Oilers-Steelers in the late 70's...

You make me embarrassed to support the same team as you. I've half a mind to delete this stupid, pointless thread. It was an unfortunate game with a lot of injuries. Every single play where a player was hurt was shown in detail repeatedly on TV. Nobody hit anyone with a cheap shot. By bringing this up you sound like a whining loser and make all Texans fans look that way by association.
Old 09-23-2007   #4
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You make me embarrassed to support the same team as you. I've half a mind to delete this stupid, pointless thread. It was an unfortunate game with a lot of injuries. Every single play where a player was hurt was shown in detail repeatedly on TV. Nobody hit anyone with a cheap shot. By bringing this up you sound like a whining loser and make all Texans fans look that way by association.
Unfortunate game with a lot of injuries....True

But I havn't seen this many go down in a while...

And I didn't see a r-play on Mckinney
Old 09-23-2007   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

McKinney I kinda saw what happened.... he missed a block on that screen pass to Gado... I was wondering, "Why did he miss the block?!"

And then I see he's on the ground injured.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Herv, just go ahead and delete the thread. It will get ugly later on if it stays up.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23432 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunate game with a lot of injuries....True

But I havn't seen this many go down in a while...

And I didn't see a r-play on Mckinney
I saw DB Bob Sanders with one late hit on Putzier It was a helmet to the middle of his back when he was already down(laying on the field with 2 other defenders making the play).
No flag and that upset me.

I don't believe the injuries in general were cheapshots.

Though, the shot AJ took in Carolina was from an embarrassed panther defense that was kind of playing for mental-paybacks/pride. IMO

Last edited by MEGA SWATT; 09-23-2007 at 10:52 PM.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2007   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you serious? Cheap shots?! Where? I defy you to name opne cheap shot that resulted in an injury.

Yeah Herv, go ahead and delete this...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Are you serious? Cheap shots?! Where? I defy you to name opne cheap shot that resulted in an injury.

Yeah Herv, go ahead and delete this...
I'm asking OPINIONS... not making accusations...

I wasn't at the game.... I didn't have a TV on here... Kind of shocking where you see the list on injured players...

so I'm asking what happened... just that...
Old 09-23-2007   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wasn't at the game.... I didn't have a TV on here... Kind of shocking where you see the list on injured players...

so I'm asking what happened... just that...
Bad luck.
Old 09-23-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BS.

The title of the thread implies an accusation.

And here you didn't even watch the game.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
I saw DB Bob Sanders with one late hit on Owen Daniels. It was a helmet to the middle of his back when he was already down(laying on the field with 2 other defenders making the play).
I saw that too. He had a couple other questionable shots as well.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #13
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
BS.

The title of the thread implies an accusation.

And here you didn't even watch the game.

Kinda hard to visualize things when you are listening on the internet radio....
Old 09-23-2007   #14
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Colts are a better team than we are.

Plain and simple.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
I saw DB Bob Sanders with one late hit on Owen Daniels. It was a helmet to the middle of his back when he was already down(laying on the field with 2 other defenders making the play).

I don't believe the injuries in general were cheapshots.

Though, the shot AJ took in Carolina was from an embarrassed panther defense that was kind of playing for mental-paybacks/pride. IMO
It was not a cheap shot. He did not use his helmet, it was a shoulder and he did not go full force. I saw it on tv and they showed the replay,
Old 09-23-2007   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i thought the guy that tackled jacoby could've just pushed him out since he was headed that way anyway...no need to just jump on top of him like that, but i wouldn't call it a cheapshot...just playing unnecessarily hard...
It was the punter that tackled Jacoby...i guess since he hardly gets to tackle anyone he might as well give it his best effort.

On an unrelated note, Hunter Smith made Matt Turk look like Chad Stanley (I just referenced 3 punters in one sentence...that has to be a first). He was absolutely booming the ball today.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #17
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Koolaid...you're sounding like a typical Raider fan. Whinning about cheap shots, getting cheated by the refs and whatever else that you can come up with. The Colts are a good team and they play us hard. We got beat and picked up a lot of injuries. This is the NFL. It's a rough sport.
Don't start crying about cheap shots.
It's not Texan like.
Old 09-23-2007   #18
smitty46953
Rookie

Kudo's to all of the classy Texan fans who put this guy in his place. When I read the title of the thread I thought wow these guys are grasping, however after reading your opinions I am that much more impressed with the Texan fans represented @ Texans Talk... Congrats on a good hard fought game...
smitty46953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

We had bad enough injury problems before the game, then they got worse. On top of that, the Colt D looks pretty dang good. They really handed it to us. I saw no cheap shots. I saw a hard-hitting, swarming D just like we're trying to play. The Colt D wasn't the main problem. The Texan D WAS. Very little pass rush up front (Ugogh(sp?) handled Mario pretty well all day and Faggins couldn't cover a baby in a blanket factory. I said it all week...if we don't chuck 'em at the LOS and disrupt the timing, we'd be toast. Maybe Faggins is allergic to Harrison and Wayne. He wouldn't get within 10 yds. of them.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23432 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
It was not a cheap shot. He did not use his helmet, it was a shoulder and he did not go full force. I saw it on tv and they showed the replay,
I said it was a LATE hit not a cheap shot so, ok.

It was a LATE hit.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read