Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2007   #1
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The good guys still looked good...

In spite of injuries and the fact that we played the #1 team in the NFL today, we still played a respectable game. Gotta give props to the Texans for NEVER giving up. Even with a loss there are so many things to be excited about with this team.

So...

Get healthy, work hard, keep fighting, and keep getting better.
Old 09-23-2007   #2
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The good guys still looked good...

With Johnson out, Green and Jones injured in the game, 2 interceptions and we were still able to keep it within one score. A loss is a loss, but I am encouraged. This team is still young, but it is growing fast.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

That is so very true. The Texans did not get mauled today. They made some bad mistakes today but they didn't just completely not show up. Schaub and his interceptions are kind of getting on my nerves I have to admit (but they come with an upside too, he has a short memory and never quits), and coach Kubiak could have done something with the 1:56 he had at the end of the first quarter but aside from some nitpicking I think they did pretty good considering who they didn't have (AJ and Dayne, Green after the first quarter, and Jacoby at the end).

They are going places. Good places. We're a few players away and we lack depth in a few spots. We're getting there.
Old 09-23-2007   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That is so very true. The Texans did not get mauled today. They made some bad mistakes today but they didn't just completely not show up. Schaub and his interceptions are kind of getting on my nerves I have to admit (but they come with an upside too, he has a short memory and never quits), and coach Kubiak could have done something with the 1:56 he had at the end of the first quarter but aside from some nitpicking I think they did pretty good considering who they didn't have (AJ and Dayne, Green after the first quarter, and Jacoby at the end).

They are going places. Good places. We're a few players away and we lack depth in a few spots. We're getting there.
QFT! You sure we aren't long lost brothers?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #5
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

I think it's apparent that the gap is closing between the Texans and the rest of the NFL. I am concerned about Schaub's decision making in the red zone, but overall am pleased by the teams play so far this year.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #6
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say that I'm impressed myself. When the game started , I told my aunt (who is an Indy fan) that if the Texans lost, I'd be ok w/it because I've had plenty of pratice w/the Colts winning the game. But at the end of the game I was very encourged that they fought back. I mean at one point Houston had fumblits Cook in the game as the RB.
Old 09-23-2007   #7
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

We're gaining respect in the league. I was proud of the grit that we showed. Texans are our team and I'm proud of them.
Old 09-23-2007   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I was just happy to see the Texans in a game that meant something. To hear announcers talking about this game like it was something important was amazing. (Of course, Costas did refer to it as the Colts/Titans game, but I'll let it slide this time.) Matt had a great game. He made mistakes, but it was nothing that he won't improve on and correct.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am proud of the team too.

Playing with 4 of your best skill players injured and still putting those points up is impressive.

Also we have a championship level special teams group. (I'm ignoring Brown)

Matt probably pushed a little hard to make up for what we were missing today... still he is the real deal.
Old 09-23-2007   #10
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that really struck me today is how much better a qb Schaub is than what we have had in the past. Yes, he did make some mistakes; however, he was able to make some very impressive plays with his main weapons sidelined. This bodes well for our future...
Old 09-23-2007   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I agree 100%.

Old 09-23-2007   #12
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
I was proud of the grit that we showed.
I agree totally. I know it hard to say a loss is good, but this team kept fighting until the end, which is more then what I can say for some of our past teams (think back to 2-14).

Our players have a lot to be proud of.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder about Schaubs arm strength. 2 of his INTs were on balls he underthrew(along with the INT that got overturned last weeek). Was he actually trying to make ill-advised touch passes or did just just not have enough pepper to put on the ball? Not dogging the guy. After 5 yrs of Carr, Schaub is just short of walking on water. We could use healing powers if he has them, also.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #14
jaybird
Veteran

Well I'm not sure about the first INT but the second one was just a dumb pass... the Texans guy (can't remember who it was) had at least 4 Colts around him... Schaub got his jock all tight and wanted to get a TD pass after Jones' big run... so he made an ill advised pass... it would have taken one fantastic pass to get it in there - not a great pass... but fantastic.

He's had a couple of really nice bombs this year... I don't think his arm strength is the problem...just every once in awhile I think he wants to make too good of a play. But his decision making and fakes have been unbelievable overall.
Old 09-23-2007   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Well I'm not sure about the first INT but the second one was just a dumb pass... the Texans guy (can't remember who it was) had at least 4 Colts around him... Schaub got his jock all tight and wanted to get a TD pass after Jones' big run... so he made an ill advised pass... it would have taken one fantastic pass to get it in there - not a great pass... but fantastic.

He's had a couple of really nice bombs this year... I don't think his arm strength is the problem...just every once in awhile I think he wants to make too good of a play. But his decision making and fakes have been unbelievable overall.
I believe that was Walters or Daniels that Schaub was throwing to. If that ball had been airmailed in instead of on a rope, I think we could've made a play on it. Similar to the pass Manning underthrew in the endzone that we almost picked off. The 1st INT was a Favre imitation from 5 yds away. OUCH I DO agree with your assessment, though.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm proud of them. They walked off that field with pride, something this team hasn't done much.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #17
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

If it hadn't been for the special teams play, the score wouldn't have been close. We've got to get better pass rush and cut down on mental mistakes.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read