Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2007   #141
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: WEEK 3: Colts vs. Texans GameDay Thread

I wonder aloud if I will read about what a pretty-boy sissy Matt Schaub is on Monday for not telling the coach to be aggressive or running his own plays?

Seriously though I'm not sure what Kubiak was thinking about this time around.
Old 09-23-2007   #142
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Gogoforit.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #143
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I cant say I'm impressed but we are only down 4 to the champs at halftime.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #144
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The offense only scored 3 points in the first half. That is not a good sign. And the defense only stopped Indy once. The Texans have to pick it up in the 2nd half if they are going to stand a chance of winning this game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #145
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

End of the half was tottaly odd. Defense has been a mere speed bump in the Colt scoring train. Offense has only put up 3 points but has had it's flashes of brilliance.

We need to cover on Defense. I've seen us breaking through their OL at times, however Manning has a quick release and the ball is just barely gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #146
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm scratching my head on our decision there at the end of the half. I don't grasp it, more especially with the Colts getting the ball to start the second half.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #147
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't fault Faggins on that TD run. Addai made a great play.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2007   #148
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

The playcalling with 1:56 left is perplexing. Why throw on 3rd down when you're trying to run the clock? Why not try something on 2nd and 2?

The offense this half was awful and it shows how much of an impact AJ truly has. Good thing is I don't remember the last time that we've gotten out of a half against the Colts without a couple of sacks. Schaub definitely knows his way around the pocket.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #149
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Wanted to add that everytime Cook touches the ball I'm anticipating a fumble. I don't want Cook to have the ball in his hands ever.
Old 09-23-2007   #150
PapaL
Loose Screw

Oh yeah - Still cant cover a TE.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2007   #151
PapaL
Loose Screw

Is this the first time we have worn the blue on blue combo? I like it.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2007   #152
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Horrible day for injuries.

We've done all blue at least once before, I think more.
Old 09-23-2007   #153
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Is this the first time we have worn the blue on blue combo? I like it.
I think that's the combo we wore when we beat Indy. I like it too.
Old 09-23-2007   #154
PapaL
Loose Screw

Ryans doesn't miss many tackles.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2007   #155
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Still no passrush.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #156
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Oh yeah - Still cant cover a TE.
QFT - again...

Quote:
Old 09-23-2007   #157
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Well so who do we play next week? I know Manning is good but our lack of adjustments is embarassing right now.
Old 09-23-2007   #158
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice tackle by Robinson to prevent the first down.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #159
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

The way they were moving the ball, keeping them to a FG is great.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #160
PapaL
Loose Screw

Captain Obvious says, We need a TD on this drive.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read