Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2007   #1
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default The Colts Main Competition?

I was watching the NFL Network. The host asked Marshall Faulk and Rod Woodson if the Texans were the Colts biggest competitor in the AFC South.

Woodson said its the Tight'uns and Faulk said its the Jags.

The Jags...lol. I guess I can see some of the Tenn hype...I guess.

Then Woodson said if the Texans can get the tight end involved and making some plays the Texans have a chance.

Faulk tossed in that no one can outscore the Colts and that they are 9-1 against the Texans. Woodson said, "The old Texans."

Faulk replied, "The SAME old Texans."

Still being disrespected. You hear that Mario??????

Last edited by TEXANSTAILGATER; 09-22-2007 at 09:11 AM.
TEXANSTAILGATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Colts Main Competition?

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be singing a different tune one of these days. And when they do, they'll be heaping praises upon the Texans and never once owning up to the bad things they say now.

It's the same story for all these two cent announcers and football "analysts". Someone writes a script for them and they read it.

All that matters is the Texans are improving quickly and WE know it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be singing a different tune one of these days. And when they do, they'll be heaping praises upon the Texans and never once owning up to the bad things they say now.

It's the same story for all these two cent announcers and football "analysts". Someone writes a script for them and they read it.

Yea Bubba!!!

Old 09-22-2007   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

QFT! and quality.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #5
coltsfaninjax
Rookie

Being a Colts fan I, and probably most of my bretheren, see the Texans as our number one threat this year in the division. Tennesee is WAAAAYYY overrated and Jacksonville just flat out sucks.

Beating KC the first week, wasn't a big feat; however the butt whipping you guys put on Carolina after being down 14-0 was pretty impressive.

If you guys weren't in our division, I would probably be pulling for you as well. Colts fans know what it is like to support a team that sucks and then to finally turn it around...man it's amazing. I hope it is the same for you guys as well.

Any way...good luck on Sunday. Colts will win, but just know that a lot of Colts fans do respect the Texans.
coltsfaninjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER View Post
Faulk replied, "The SAME old Texans."

Didn't Faulk criticize us to no end for not taking Reggie? It would make sense that he'd say something like this, so I wouldn't even think twice about it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Faulk and Woodson are useless as analysis. You can throw Emmit in there too. They are just trying to look/sound like they know what they are doing. None of them do.

I would rather listed to Coltsfaninjax. Much more honest and truthful opinion.

Good luck to the Colts - except this weekend and the next time we play them.
Old 09-22-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

at the end of the year this will end up one of the tougher divisions top to bottom I think. So far the only losses an AFC South team has is against itself....It's early, but all the teams look credible...if you wanna include the Jags.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

As a Texan's fan, I'd much rather see Leftwhich behind center, than Garrard.

Garrard gives them an X-Factor that you can't really game plan against.

I don't know how to explain it, he's to Vince, like Jake Plummer is to Bret Favre.

You know Bret's got it, and he's going to win. Jake has a little somet'n somet'n that helps him win games as well, but he'll never be Bret.

It doesn't matter that Garrard(or Jake) isn't a great QB, he's gonna get a bunch of wins regardless.

You all know I'm a big Homer, so I don't see the Texans as the Colts "Main Competition".

I see the Colts as our "Main Competition", but I'm concerned about the other two as well.
Old 09-22-2007   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER View Post

Still being disrespected. You hear that Mario??????
Hey Mario, I was watching some TV show or another and you should have heard what Peyton was saying about you. He said you were "overrated" and that with you rushing at him, he would have ALL DAY to pass the ball. He even made a comment about your family, but I would prefer not to say that on this type of public board. You hear that Mario?! Now go let the O lineman scrape Manning off the reliant field!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Hey Mario, I was watching some TV show or another and you should have heard what Peyton was saying about you. He said you were "overrated" and that with you rushing at him, he would have ALL DAY to pass the ball. He even made a comment about your family, but I would prefer not to say that on this type of public board. You hear that Mario?! Now go let the O lineman scrape Manning off the reliant field!
Oh, it's on now!!!

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

But wait! There's more bad news for the Colts!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #13
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Oh, it's on now!!!

Someone PLEASE put a jersey on that bull and make the guy Peyton.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #14
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha we were being disrespected when we had the best record in the league over a five year span. But guys, it's been two games.

And how, after two games and a 1-1 record, are the Titans "WAAAAYYY overrated"?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #15
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Ha we were being disrespected when we had the best record in the league over a five year span. But guys, it's been two games.

And how, after two games and a 1-1 record, are the Titans "WAAAAYYY overrated"?
Because they suck, and would be 0-2 except for the fact that the Jags suck even more than the Titans do.
Old 09-23-2007   #16
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh ok... thanks for the analysis.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read