Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Chick getting national pub

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7248748

"Both Houston and Dallas need winning football teams," said Stephanie Stradley, who blogs about the Texans and was named the team's 2006 Ultimate Fan. "To expect Houston fans to be content with rooting for a Dallas team is like expecting Philadelphia fans to be happy to accept the Steelers as their sole NFL rooting interest."
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Chick getting national pub

Way to Go Texans Chick!

Quote:
"There are a lot of fans just like me who will never, ever root for that franchise because they passed on Vince Young," said Peter Bean, who runs the Texas Longhorns Web site BurntOrangeNation.com.
Oh no Peter Bean will never cheer for the Texans. Oh No what are we going to do!!!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

TC.............it's just a matter of time until the "stars" come out.........Congrats on representing us proud.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #4
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

OK ...Did not know that Texans Chick and Stephanie Stradley are the same person! Gr8 going!
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great Job TC!

And that is a good read too.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-21-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats TC, keep it up! You always have great things to say- so I'm glad they are quoting you and not Marshall Faulk.

That Bean fellow is funny. The whole saga with the #1 pick only made me become a bigger Texan fan. Sure it was hard with all my friends ragging on me and the Texans, but it made me support them that much more.

I wish we could play Dallas every year and it be a bigger rivalry but at the same time I think its cool we're in different conferences.

As much as I'm a Texan fan, I will be routing a little for Dallas just so people respect Texas football more. I can't wait untill we're consistently in the playoffs...go Texans!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

next step sideline reporter

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2007   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
OK ...Did not know that Texans Chick and Stephanie Stradley are the same person! Gr8 going!
It's sort of like a secret bat identity that busts out on Sundays.

Old 09-21-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
next step sideline reporter
Nah, who the heck wants to worry about working on game day and pretend like you don't care. And not get to tailgate. And hang out with folks.

I'd rather try to be one of the good ambassadors for Texan fans than be someone that has to think about what my hair looks like.

In the interview I said a lot more stuff. And they took two quotes and mashed them together.

I said it is good when Dallas plays well because it is good for the NFL for the Cowboys to be relevant as the team people either love or hate.

And I said in so many words that it is good for Houston to play well, because Houston is the freaking 4th most populous city and we love us some football. That if the franchise is worth so much when the Texans haven't had a winning season, I'm guessing it would pull in more money when they are rolling.
Old 09-21-2007   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nah, who the heck wants to worry about working on game day and pretend like you don't care. And not get to tailgate. And hang out with folks.
selfish on my part keep on being real, REAL TEXANS_CHICK

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 09-22-2007   #11
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

TC is my idol. LOL

Her view points always make you think. Her football knowledge puts all kinds of guys to shame. I read her fanhouse blog everyday just to feel connected to home. (Not an easy task when you are 2000 miles away.)

Prepare to meet your DOOM!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"There are a lot of fans just like me who will never, ever root for that franchise because they passed on Vince Young," said Peter Bean, who runs the Texas Longhorns Web site BurntOrangeNation.com.
What a fool. I can't stand UT fans.
Old 09-22-2007   #13
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
What a fool. I can't stand UT fans.
No kidding...Peter Bean is the poster boy for fans I despise.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
.Peter Bean is the poster boy for fans I despise.
I find it kind of humorous.

And I doubt that anyone in that jam packed stadium tomorrow will have Beano on their minds.

He better hope the Saints don't decide to wake up against his man crush, else he'll be looking at 1-2 and starting to look for scapegoats.

Last edited by aj.; 09-22-2007 at 06:57 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #15
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default hi

Mr. Bean
Looks like a Cowboy fan to me!
Old 09-22-2007   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I find it kind of humorous.

And I doubt that anyone in that jam packed stadium tomorrow will have Beano on their minds.

He better hope the Saints don't decide to wake up against his man crush, else he'll be looking at 1-2 and starting to look for scapegoats.
Exactly. I am thinking the Saints will look much better at home actually.

And Bean's point demonstrates why it was probably better for the Texans in the long run not to get VY.

During last year's Texans game, I talked to a guy wearing a burnt orange #10 shirt. It was his first NFL game. He said that he usually parties on Saturdays and uses Sundays to recover from his hangover. But he was there to watch Vince. Those sorts of people would have been the additions to the fanbase.

I think it is better to have a fanbase who is not just fans because they like one guy on the team. Kubiak has made such a point of saying that the Texans are a team, and not about one guy. And though that concept isn't the way the Texans like to market, that's the concept you want your team to buy.

I know that VY says that he wants to be just another guy on the team, but especially in the context of the Texans, that would have been a hard thing to do. If people love a player, more than they love the team or the coach or whatever, then that player can do no wrong. With the number of Vince fans in this part of the world, his power would be great if the VY Texans were winning, but could be absolutely toxic if they didn't succeed. ("Let's find us a coach that can let Vince be Vince, etc")

And I am saying this as someone who wanted to draft Vince and a UT alum and someone who thinks he can have a good career in the NFL if Bud's organization doesn't mess it up. The relative power he would have had in the Texans organization was always one of my concerns of picking him.
Old 09-22-2007   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:

And I am saying this as someone who wanted to draft Vince and a UT alum and someone who thinks he can have a good career in the NFL if Bud's organization doesn't mess it up. The relative power he would have had in the Texans organization was always one of my concerns of picking him.
well said, very good point & something that never crossed my mind (not a UT alum). keep up @ this pace & look out Monday Night Football Booth

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 09-22-2007   #18
Southern Lion
Rookie

I found this site through Battle Red Blog a few weeks ago and it's great. TC Gets major props from me. National recognition is an incredible accomplishment.

I never thought that Houston should have drafted Young. I like his athleticism, but unless he has a supporting cast, he's another Michael Vick without the animal husbandry skills (that's a joke, I despise acronyms and purposely avoid using LOL <although I just did>). Last year at Reliant the wideouts took our man-to-man coverage deep and opened up the middle for VY's game winning scramble, although I must say it looked like a designed play to me. Young is a great talent, and seems to be a good guy from what I've seen, but I'm glad we didn't draft him because we would then be, for all intents and purposes, the Houston VYs.

SL
Southern Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As someone who could have cared less one way or the other about UT before moving to Austin but the disdain some UT fans have for anyone not rooting for UT has spurred me to how I feel about UT now.

I have met some really wonderful UT alumn (mostly on here) that actually do not treat folks like a piece of crap because they do not cheer for UT. It is those folks; like TC, Hookem, and Michaelem(sp), I know I botched that, that make UT look like one of the top schools that it is.

This is something I never even thoght about TC, very interresting point.
Old 09-22-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job, TC! Represent!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read