Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2007   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby to "Start"

And other tidbits from practice.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3665

Quote:
Head coach Gary Kubiak

(on how practice went today) “We practiced well. Our boys were locked in. It was pretty quiet out here today, which tells you your players are locked into what’s going on. We’re ready to go play, so we’re looking forward to it.”

(on who will start at wide receiver) “I’m going to start Kevin (Walter) and Jacoby (Jones). So we’ll start them two, but we’ll play all four of them, as I told you. We’re going to have a rotation system, and it will take all four of them for us to be successful without Andre (Johnson) in there. So we’ll get them all ready to go.”

(on why WR Jacoby Jones gets the start) “I think he’s earned the right. He’s played extremely well. He was working as our third. We came out here and wanted to see how he responded to this opportunity in practice this week, and he’s been very good. He’s gotten better each day he’s been out here, so the kid deserves a chance. And we’ll go get after it.”

(on the progress of WR Jerome Mathis) “I think his progress as a football player has been very good. I still think he has a ways to go to be a polished receiver down in and down out in this league. We’re expecting him to step up, and he’s got to play. So we’ll find out.”

(on the status of RB Ron Dayne) “He’ll be a game-time decision. Ronnie’s still a little sore. He did practice today. It was a little bit limited. I’ll make a game-time decision with him.”

(on if RB Ron Dayne can’t play) “Then Samkon Gado goes. It’s just one-for-one. And Ahman’s (Green) fine.”

(on if there are any updates on WR Andre Johnson) “Actually, they are going to visit with him today. The doctor is coming over today. They’ll take the immobilizer off and see where he’s at. But we’re just keeping our fingers crossed that they’ll walk out with some good news. ”
Old 09-21-2007   #2
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: Jacoby to "Start"

Which w/o position will JJ be starting at? I just can't see Kevin Walter being a #1...
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm... just something to ponder here but...

On Rome today, Schaub said that Andre was day-to-day and he'd be a game time decision.

Kubiak and his jedi mind tricks.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #4
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Schaub done went and busted us out...
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Ummm... just something to ponder here but...

On Rome today, Schaub said that Andre was day-to-day and he'd be a game time decision.

Kubiak and his jedi mind tricks.
HMMMMM..a little Patriot injury report. I doubt he'll play
Old 09-21-2007   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
on how practice went today) “We practiced well. Our boys were locked in. It was pretty quiet out here today, which tells you your players are locked into what’s going on. We’re ready to go play, so we’re looking forward to it.”

seeing stuff like that makes me more and more confident about sunday... dont remember kubiak ever saying something like it before
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The good thing about this whole thing is that JJ has had a whole week of practicing entirely in a 1st team capacity. This should account for a better JJ/Schaub "connection" come game time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2007   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I think he'll have his break out game. Nothing spectacular, most likely 6 catches for about 80 yards and a TD.

I think with Schaub and O.D. still in there we still have a good chance to win this game, we still have a lot of playmakers on defense and special teams so I am confident going into this game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
seeing stuff like that makes me more and more confident about sunday... dont remember kubiak ever saying something like it before
Great point, I feel the same way. Kubiak is coming into his own as a coach.
Old 09-21-2007   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

One of these days, and that day may come sooner than later, our two starting recievers will be AJ and JJ. That's going to be awsome for us, and a nightmare for the rest of the NFL.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #11
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
... On Rome today, Schaub said that Andre was day-to-day and he'd be a game time decision.

Schaub was on Rome today? ... Ooooo "Jungle Karma Babeeeee!!! Texans win by 40
Old 09-21-2007   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm down with the WR by committee:

(on who will start at wide receiver) “I’m going to start Kevin (Walter) and Jacoby (Jones). So we’ll start them two, but we’ll play all four of them, as I told you. We’re going to have a rotation system, and it will take all four of them for us to be successful without Andre (Johnson) in there. So we’ll get them all ready to go.”

Old 09-22-2007   #13
whiskeyrbl

Can you imagine how JJ is going to feel playing in front of 73,000 fans. I think he is gonna eat it up. Look for the ATTITUDE to shine this week. Damn Sunday cannot get here fast enough.
Old 09-22-2007   #14
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

I think JJ is going to shine. He just seems to have that ATTITUDE!!!! I can't wait for gametime. Go Texans!!!
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #15
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

I have JJ in my fantasy team...................."pop smoke and go straight up the middle", my son!!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read