Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Astroturf?

Low Life

Noob
This may be a dumb or repetitive question but i'm just curious.
Since we (Houston) invented the stuff, does the dome still have Astroturf in it? If so, can we and, if we can, should we practice for games on turf in the dome? holla at your boy band.

I think only Indy and Minnesota have astro-turf now. Most astro-turf fields have changed to field-turf. The Astrodomne is still astro-turf.

that's what i thought but do yall think it would be in any way beneficial for us to prepare for this game in indy on that turf (in the astrodome) or does it even matter? is there any NFL rule that says we can only practice at certain facilites? that's kind of more along the lines of what i was asking.

I don't think the astroturf in the dome is in any shape to be practicing on. It looked pretty well torn up when they stopped using it. And unless they've done some patching, which I doubt, more injuries we don't need.

It probably would help them, but not much. All they have to do is get used to picking up their feet and not getiing trippd up.

Indy and St. Louis are the only stadiums with the old Astro Turf. Minnesota went to one of the Field Turf variants last year.

I don't think it would be too smart to practice on that junk in the Dome. Why not just practice in the parking lot?

Back