Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-21-2007   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Two Tickets for Sunday's game just fell into my lap!!!

It looks like I will be coming to the game this Sunday. Out of nowhere, I get a call from this guy I know, one of his buddies has season tickets and can't make the game. So he thinks of me and offers them up.

I am putting together the plan to get there, I am waiting on a buddy to confirm if he is coming with. I do not yet know if there is a parking pass or not involved. If not, does anyone have an extra pass they can sale? Or how do I go about buying one?

And most importantly, can I crash any tailgate parties? May come in Sat. night, everything is blur right now.

Please let me know if any of you guys have any leads on parking? Any help is extremely appreciated.
Old 09-21-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Two Tickets for Sunday's game just fell into my lap!!!

May be on your own for parking, but everyone's always welcome at the Blue Crew in the Platinum Lot:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42024
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Two Tickets for Sunday's game just fell into my lap!!!

Just look for Yankee... He will be the one "corn-holing"
Old 09-21-2007   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwcTE3CKmCM

OR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM3HLLqjSU

Last edited by hobie; 09-21-2007 at 01:21 PM.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #5
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
It looks like I will be coming to the game this Sunday. Out of nowhere, I get a call from this guy I know, one of his buddies has season tickets and can't make the game. So he thinks of me and offers them up.

I am putting together the plan to get there, I am waiting on a buddy to confirm if he is coming with. I do not yet know if there is a parking pass or not involved. If not, does anyone have an extra pass they can sale? Or how do I go about buying one?

And most importantly, can I crash any tailgate parties? May come in Sat. night, everything is blur right now.

Please let me know if any of you guys have any leads on parking? Any help is extremely appreciated.
I fly to several games every year from LA. Drive in Saturday, it's much better. I have done the Austin round trip thing several times and then flew back to LA. It is a killer drive if there is a lot booze involved.

You can stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Westpark, not to far from the stadium, for a reasonable rate. Then you won't have any problem tailgating early.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the tip on the hotel Hollywood, my buddy wants to wait until Sunday to leave, so that's up in the air.

But the tickets are confirmed. I will be in Section 139 Row P!!!! Just got get parking straightened out.
Old 09-21-2007   #7
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like you might need to find a new buddy.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2007   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the tip on the hotel Hollywood, my buddy wants to wait until Sunday to leave, so that's up in the air.

But the tickets are confirmed. I will be in Section 139 Row P!!!! Just got get parking straightened out.
There is a hotel across the street from the Platium lot. They charge 20 bucks for parking. Actually, I think this is directly across the streeet from the blue crew tailgate. I could be wrong but I think that's where it is.

Also, don't worry so much about parking. There's plenty of it all around the stadium. Just make sure you get a receipt or a parking ticket from the private venders around.
Old 09-21-2007   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
I fly to several games every year from LA. Drive in Saturday, it's much better. I have done the Austin round trip thing several times and then flew back to LA. It is a killer drive if there is a lot booze involved.

You can stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Westpark, not to far from the stadium, for a reasonable rate. Then you won't have any problem tailgating early.
Wow, it's $180 per night... we are definitely coming in Sat. night now, need to find a good room cheaper than that.
Old 09-21-2007   #10
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Wow, it's $180 per night... we are definitely coming in Sat. night now, need to find a good room cheaper than that.
Look at this website of the Holiday Inn Astrodome http://www.hotelhoustontexas.com/ ....Only place i'll stay when i stay over for a game...Good prices and its right on the grounds of Reliant stadium so you don't have to worry about parking, you just walk out their back door to their private walkway to Reliant, awesome....Call for prices, but they are very reasonable...Also, when you get there, ask if you can have a room with a view overlooking Reliant Stadium, unbelievable view at nite....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_girl View Post
Look at this website of the Holiday Inn Astrodome http://www.hotelhoustontexas.com/ ....Only place i'll stay when i stay over for a game...Good prices and its right on the grounds of Reliant stadium so you don't have to worry about parking, you just walk out their back door to their private walkway to Reliant, awesome....Call for prices, but they are very reasonable...Also, when you get there, ask if you can have a room with a view overlooking Reliant Stadium, unbelievable view at nite....
Yeah, I have stayed at this one before during that Sunday night game against the Packers a couple of years ago, party'd with a bunch of cheese heads after the game. It was a tough loss, losing by a field goal as the clock expired. The cheese heads really travel, that place was packed.

Anyway, I might end up there again, nice little bar and grill right there.
Old 09-21-2007   #12
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Look for a Hampton Inn...they usually run around 100 a night, maybe less. Its not fancy, but clean. Owned by hilton. I stay in them for business all the time.

Obviously you don't need ot be that close to the stadium...so your options are wide.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Hardcore,
Thanks for the magnet again by the way.
I have stayed inn the Holiday Inn for $69 before , actually even for that Packers game too, try the "internet" rate and book on line.
They are awesome there, once I had to cancel the day of, coming from Austin, and they were cool about it.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Hey Hardcore,
Thanks for the magnet again by the way.
I have stayed inn the Holiday Inn for $69 before , actually even for that Packers game too, try the "internet" rate and book on line.
They are awesome there, once I had to cancel the day of, coming from Austin, and they were cool about it.
Your welcome and I hope Specnatz likes his too. I hope everyone on here that has one is displaying it proudly.

Old 09-21-2007   #15
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Another hotel you can try is Springhill Suites. I've stayed there and walked to the game. Rooms are huge and its a nice hotel for the same price as Holiday Inn. Usually $109 a night.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I can not wait until the game. And I am going to be hanging out with the Blue Crew, the were the first ones to invite me and looks to be a good time. And there are alot of people from the MB at the Blue Crew tailgate, I hope to meet you all!

Thanks to Shinerbock Girl for the invite over in the yellow lot. But next time I come on 10/21/07, I have a Yellow pass and will definitely be tailgating there with my wife. So I look forward to partying with you guys as well.

I feel lucky to get these tickets last minute and now I will get to tailgate twice this year!
Old 09-22-2007   #17
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
I can not wait until the game. And I am going to be hanging out with the Blue Crew, the were the first ones to invite me and looks to be a good time. And there are alot of people from the MB at the Blue Crew tailgate, I hope to meet you all!

Thanks to Shinerbock Girl for the invite over in the yellow lot. But next time I come on 10/21/07, I have a Yellow pass and will definitely be tailgating there with my wife. So I look forward to partying with you guys as well.

I feel lucky to get these tickets last minute and now I will get to tailgate twice this year!
Hey excellent, but only game i won't be going to this year, but i hope i get to meet your wife and you on another game....Your going to love the blue crew, Really love them...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Since there is no Texan football for awhile, I realized I never posted pictures from my first tailgate at Reliant with the Blue Crew, and thought I would reminsce.

The first photo is from our friends @
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photo...s/DSC_0068.JPG

The rest are mine:

Old 01-22-2008   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Old 01-22-2008   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

That's all I got, that was fun, it's going to be a long offseason.

You may see some of your friends here.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 01-22-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read